sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink Bas Rutten training cds

Well today i got myself a treat and a big one, i bough myself a training station, a punching bag 70 pounds and some boxing gloves.

I am a fat ass byatch of 220 pounds and got to lose all that weight, i started my diet last week and its going good.

But i think that this time the weight is going to come off silly, i popped in the Bas Rutten boxing cd 2 minutes rounds with 1 minute rest, i was able to do 4 rounds out of the 7, thats after doing a total body workout on my training center, 4 sets of 15 reps and 30 minutes of stationnary bike.

I am hooked and i cant wait to get my cardio going, it hard real hard but at 35 i am glad i can start training again and am ready to get in the base shape of my life.

If everything goes well in September i am schedule to get into Jiu Jitsu.

Guess its never to late to start and age is only a number.

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    Good luck! Why not start BJJ now?

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck and train hard.

sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by test_cyp
    Good luck! Why not start BJJ now?
    Thanks guys, i still do have back pains, or at least i can call them tensions now.

My chiro did a great job at re-adjusting my posture, i am still at the stage of trying what i can and sadly cant do.

I used to be able to lat pulldown near 180 pounds before injury now i can barely do 60 pounds but my forms are good.

Its a very slow process, if i would go to Jiu Jistu right now i would probably injure myself even more.

By September i will have had many chiro adjustements and deep tissue massages i am sure that with the training i am doing based 90% on posture adjustments and streching, losing weight at least 30 pounds that will make all the difference in the world for my back pain.

I will keep you guys posted, like i said after 6 years of long injury its like i am reborn, i thew my first head kicks today and back kicks felt weird but the speed is still there.

I lost all my TKD abilities lol i dont have the reflex to kick the bag anymore, but more to work on angles and do punching combos.

I used to throw useless kicks like the double bitchagy (Wheel kicks), and do spins kicks (really fun but worth squat against a real fighter).

I still think the drop kick has a purpose and the counter back kick but other then that.

I am glad cause i would never return to TKD, i realize even today how incomplete this art is, even when sparring for fun with friends when i was practicing TKD younger they would always catch one of my kicks and i would always lose my balance.

I feel a lot more serious about learning an art then i was when i was 19 years old, i guess that at 35 maturity sets in LOL

Now by combining boxing ( I did some back in 1998) and basic kicks from past karate experience, plus Jiu Jitsu class i should be in great shape.

I am still hoping for some MMA school in the near future.
    Last edited by sonar1234; 05-20-2007 at 07:06 PM.

Colossus42 is offline New Member
    Best of luck to you. I have been doing the same and it has really helped and keeps me going at times.

Idunno is offline Banned
    I had back surgery Feb 21 and I have been training Jiu Jitsu again for almost a month. I still have pain but it's not like before and as long as you and your partner perform the techniques well tehn a beginner BJJ class should pose no problem to your back IMO. I simply tell all my new partners (when I was new) about my condition and we took it easier on the parts that might hurt. I was able to learn the moves without having to risk that much of an injury and my back lets me know if I am getting in over my head before anything bad happens... The only danger I see would be if you have a retard for a prtner (they certainly do exist) and they tried to go too fast at the wrong time...

You should be able to tell quickly if your partner is going slowly enough through the technique and if not then ask him to slow down or get a new partner.. Anyway, GL with your back bro, I can relate!!

paleocaveman is offline New Member
    danga da danga da dang!!

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleocaveman View Post
    danga da danga da dang!!
    why do you keep bumping threads from 6 years ago?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Because he has such important information to add....

Just go to the lounge and you can get your post count up there.

mauler is offline Associate Member
    Bas is a beast, watched all his youtube videos.

blake702 is offline Junior Member
    "right straight left hook!" lol I love the bas rutten training cds! Hope you made it to jiu jitsu and all is going well!
    Cheers!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mauler View Post
    Bas is a beast, watched all his youtube videos.
    I have bought some of his videos before. He had some really good street fighting ones for situations such as a bar.

MMA_Influenced is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    I have bought some of his videos before. He had some really good street fighting ones for situations such as a bar.
    Are you the same guy from Alinshop? lol

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA_Influenced View Post
    Are you the same guy from Alinshop? lol
    The one,,,the only,,,been around for MANY years

Thread Information