johnq is offline Associate Member

bag n pad gloves?

what weight gloves would u recomend for heavy bag and pad work and what make gloves do u recomend i was thinking 10oz twin gloves.

i guess u boxing guru's dont now.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd go heavier on the gloves... 16oz. With me the weight of the glove helps build strength and speed in the arms so going light on them only gives more of a chance for injury and less of a work out in my opinion.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    what are you training for? If you are a boxer than it is good idea to make sure that at least some of the workouts you use the size gloves you use for your matches 16?14?,12?... when you go lighter on gloves, make sure you wrap, but lighter will help increase your bone density and wrist stregnth (I go super light 7oz)... also, like zimmy said you can also increase the chance of injury. Another factor is the type and size of bag you are working... my 2cents.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    yah...definately forgot about the bag...that makes a HUGE difference. I go mma gloves only on a muay thai banana bag cus it's so soft.

ive been doing boxing training for 4 months im looking for speed and power and to keep fit ive been using 14oz gloves but they r a bit to big for me even with my raps on so i thought if i go 4 a smaller glove i would become more accurate with my punches when hitting the pads. the bags we hit r big heavy bags but i strap my hands up well.

jthepitlover is offline New Member
    14 or 16oz gloves. I have 11 years experience as a fighter and 6 as a trainer. Twin are shit. Spend the xtra cash and get the mexian made Reyes gloves. You can order through ringside.com
    they last forever and are really the best quality.

If they are to big you aren't wrapping properly. I work with pro bantum weights and they use 16oz. Are you padding your knuckles? what length wraps are you using?
    feel free to pm me. I'll tell you all i know

a second choice is Grant or Winning

cheers for the advice,no i dont pad my knuckles. im using very long raps and i rap in between my knuckles. i got told twin and fairtex gloves was the boys to get, obviously not. the 14oz gloves i had where everylast gloves but they where very cheap £15 brand new thats why i think they where too big. dam ive ordered the 10oz twin gloves now should be with me today. cheers for your help.

jthepitlover is offline New Member
    yeah, everlast are a bit lumpy and roomy. I'm telling u, Reyes are the shit. Good luck

cheers jthepitlover, they sent me 12oz gloves after,twins. ill use these for now and maybe later on in the year ill splash out and buy a set of reyes gloves 14oz,ive only been doing it for 4 months so theres plenty time cheers anyway.

Thread Information