yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member

If GSP wins against Penn, Silva is next

Man will that be a great showdown.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=7659&zoneid=2

I know that GSP said couple of times he wanted to change weight class.

Last time GSP had a very hard time beating Penn, but lets face it he is a much better fighter now then he was back then.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    So is BJ though. Penn's weakness had always been his cardio but it appears as if he has figured that out these days. I think that it will be a very interesting fight.

rookie28 is offline Junior Member
    I can't wait for this fight but I think a fight vs Alves will happen before Silva.

It has to happen before. The Anderson fight has the makings of an old school Pride circus freak show. THere are plenty of people at 170 to challenge GSP rather than him just taking dangerous fight after dangerous fight. We do have weight classes for a reason

rookie28 is offline Junior Member
    You're right on this one but if gsp beats penn and alves back to back then his situation starts to look like silva in the middleweights. Anyways, can anyone send me the first fight of gsp vs penn I'm only able to find the first round I don't know why.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    It has to happen before. The Anderson fight has the makings of an old school Pride circus freak show. THere are plenty of people at 170 to challenge GSP rather than him just taking dangerous fight after dangerous fight. We do have weight classes for a reason
    Pride might have been a big circus but it was the best MMA there was and will ever be, i miss it so much good things for DVDs.

Bj cought GSP off guard last time with is counter attack and stand up, man i really tought GSP was going down in the first round, BJ got some serious offence in there.

Last time he fought at 170 pounds he lost against Matt Hugues and yes is cardio was a factor, BJ moves around to much in weight class, he even fought Machida at one point in the 205 pounds division he was fat in that fight.

Still in there first fight at UFC58 it was a very close call GSP winning it because BJ put on one hell of a fight, but that was then this is now GSP has improved so much since that fight.

I have to disagree about the talent in the 170 pound division right now that could give GSP a run for is money, there is Thiago Alves but even then he had major issues getting passed Josh Koscheck, GSP just ran true him like he was nothing.

GSP is the king of the 170 pounders right now and i dont see anyone who can beat him, so a move into the 185 pound division would be good for him and of course a big showdown against Anderson Silva.

I disagree with the Kos Alves fight. Alves handled him as well if not better than GSP the way I saw it. Kos is tough as hell and was game for both fights but I don't remember GSP putting it on him standing like Alves did. I think Alves GSP will be a war with the edge going to GSP off his wrestling. Alves is not someone that anyone wants to stand with. His sprawl is top notch and he is rediculously strong for WW.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    If he makes weight...

GSP doesnt wanna stand with him thats for sure...

I honestly think GSP could keep him down though. And spend his time looking for a submission...

Thats probably his best bet.

I see GSp taking it as well but I think after that Serra fight GSP fight with a much more cautious approach. That is not to say that he is boring or scared but just smart. He is very careful with the shots he chooses and relies on wrestling more than he has in the past.

Thread Information