J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

Best shot at beating Fedor?

I was watching the Fedor/Arona fights and I think he pretty much was thrown a bone in that fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UFqL9dhkQI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PraE0...eature=related

I don't think Arlovski is going to beat him, but I do see that fight lasting longer than the fight with Timmy.

I really think Gonzoga has a legit chance at beating Fedor.

The way I look at it, Gonzoga lost to Werdum, but Werdums BJJ is better than any other HW around. Gonzoga lost that match in a JJ match.

I think GG's BJJ could cancle out Fedors Sambo subs, on the ground, GG might even have the advantage with his size and strength.

On the feet, It would be close. GG has solid striking, probably hits harder. Either of them have knock out power easy. I think GG is more likley to open up with knee's or kicks though, while he only has to defend against take downs and some punches from Fedor.

I know some people will disagree, and that's the point right? We'll never get to see the fight probably, so it's nice to compare on paper.

I just don't know what real advantage Fedor would have over GG. He's bigger, stronger, has better striking and = GnP/Subs.

oc pitbull is offline Member
    oc pitbull>fedor

no really no one is beating him for a while if you want good ideas for halloween costumes next year and you want to be the most scary man alive dress up as fedor

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    I think Fedor would tool GG.

Not enough fights for GG to have a real advantage against Fedor.

I think the guy with the best chance in the world, is Josh Barnett.

I think hes the guy to do it, GG vs. Fedor would be a good fight, but Fedor comes out on top. As with Werdum vs. Fedor, same result.

Barnett, or he retires undefeated. Well, sorta...

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    I think Fedor would tool GG.

Not enough fights for GG to have a real advantage against Fedor.

I think the guy with the best chance in the world, is Josh Barnett.

I think hes the guy to do it, GG vs. Fedor would be a good fight, but Fedor comes out on top. As with Werdum vs. Fedor, same result.

Barnett, or he retires undefeated. Well, sorta...
    100% agree.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

I think if GG improves off his back, and can get his punches on par with his kicks, he's the top HW in the world.

Maybe add to the gas tank too.

He's fairly young, 29. He can do a lot in the next few years.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    GG is good but very very overrated, The Last Emperor would put a Clinique on with him.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    GG is good but the fight he lost to Werdum was not a BJJ match. He got knocked out in the first fight and TKO'd in the second. GG's problem is he seems lack luster at times. Almost as if he could care less. The sky is the limit for this kid but i think the real work a head of him is getting his head right. Just on that alone I think that Fedor hurts him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    GG is good but the fight he lost to Werdum was not a BJJ match. He got knocked out in the first fight and TKO'd in the second. GG's problem is he seems lack luster at times. Almost as if he could care less. The sky is the limit for this kid but i think the real work a head of him is getting his head right. Just on that alone I think that Fedor hurts him.
    Werdum really gets him in the 2nd fight, I feel because of his gas tank.

I just think GG has so much potential because of the force behind his blows. His GnP is devestating. He kicks Werdums legs right out from under him a few times.

His striking is so powerful, but he's no chump on the mat either.

The guy needs to work, he needs some more experince, but I feel he has the potential to be the best HW in the world with that work. He has all the tools and the size, just needs some more fine tuning.

what about brock haaaha

I knew someone would say it... ^^

PrideFEDOR is offline Associate Member
    JD my brother , u cannot just say that BJJ beats Sambo. Neguera is one of the best bJJ practitioners out there and he was strugling to do anything with Fedor. U need some good wrestler with submission skills to get fedor down. That's why Randy and him would've been a very interesting fight. That's why Barnett can be a good match , BUT.....Barnett is kind of slow imo

I think so too... ^^^ Barnett is slow..

And as far as the BJJ vs. Sambo debate. Obviously if its a submissionnn match, the edge would go to the BJJ practitioner.

If were talking a fight. With the BJJ practitioner having no stand up skills and only BJJ, the Sambo fighter would likely prevail.

Its all debatable...

But were talking MMA so...

jonny101 is offline Associate Member
    I still think fedor randy is the dream match,IMO if randy and brock fight again randy will win i still say he would of won the first fight against lesnar in round 3/4/5.

Never right off The natural lol

randy looked no less tired than Brock. I am. I think fedor Vs. Coture has lost it's luster. Before Brock u could make a case that randy had a chance. Now I think we all realize what would happen

Randy just got caught it happends to eveyone, he was totally wearing him down brock could not even breath.

I think the Randy vs. Fedor fight wont ever happen...

If it does, i think it'll be more of the same...

Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    I think so too... ^^^ Barnett is slow..

If were talking a fight. With the BJJ practitioner having no stand up skills and only BJJ, the Sambo fighter would likely prevail.

But were talking MMA so...
    Agreed bro!

War , I know we had some misunderstanding before, but more and more I talk to u, you seem like a decent brother to me, knowing whatcha talkin bout ! Ass kissing aside ( i dont do that type of sh*t>). If u can get at me via PM or email , I'd appreciate it. I moved recently and I dont know too many people around here. But I know for a fact there are MMA competitions in my area and I'm thinking to get back in training since the business is slow these days and I do nothing, but spending $ and maintaining my form. Who knows maybe I ain't too old yet

roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    GG, please man, he looks muuuuch more than what he is, his jitz is good, but totally overrated too, damian maia, eventhough is like 40 pounds lighter has always dominated him... GG's big achivement is what? a good kick to CC's head?

GG is not faster than fedor, not good subs as fedor, does not has half experience as fedor, and probably isnt stronger as fedor... Sylvia said he has never been hit so hard in his life.

Randy??? COME ON!!! Randy is for a fact THE MOST OVERRATED person in the world. He is a smart and very good wrestler, but hasnt really done much in the HW division, besides beating an injured Sylvia and GG.

Josh barnett probably has the best shot at fedor, eventhough is a little bet slow, sure is got the power, subs and the unorthodox stan up game to present a chalenge to fedor, though I dont think he'll do it.

Also may be brock in a couple of years, dont know yet, lets see how he does vs Nog, after that fight, well have a better perspective of him.
    Last edited by roid_rage; 12-12-2008 at 12:44 PM.

joeben22 is offline Associate Member
    Tank Abbott

Tank Abbott is the shit. Ken Shamrock would own Fedor

Quote Originally Posted by PrideFEDOR View Post
    Agreed bro!

War , I know we had some misunderstanding before, but more and more I talk to u, you seem like a decent brother to me, knowing whatcha talkin bout ! Ass kissing aside ( i dont do that type of sh*t>). If u can get at me via PM or email , I'd appreciate it. I moved recently and I dont know too many people around here. But I know for a fact there are MMA competitions in my area and I'm thinking to get back in training since the business is slow these days and I do nothing, but spending $ and maintaining my form. Who knows maybe I ain't too old yet
    Get at me brother! Hit me up with a PM anytime!

So does this mean that the challenge match will not happen over winter break?

Whatevers Clever...

Oh no , u didn't lol ...... I will never ever turn away from the fight! I dont have to many people around here(where I live now) who want to play with me, so I feel Im missing out right now big time. Its up to WAR actually. Not me , my first trip to cali I can stop by anywhere! It'll be fun I promise! Plus War's training right now and I haven't gone to the gym since october 25th ( Maybe a few sessions here in there in between). Im sure it'll compensate the weight difference! Im in. Never say I dont want to do it. I actually have to look for people to spar. HW is always missing people comparing to other weight categories, but the good thing about it , local belts are there for grabs all the time. There maybe 1-2 talanted boys and the rest is just meatheads who think they can do it.
    The last time I went to watch local fights, HW were embarrassing. That's ok though. Im sure those who stick with the program, will get better!

Not to bag on the HW's but that is usually just the way it goes. Every amatuer show has a bunch of slobs that can throw heavy for the first two minutes and then proceed to make love to each other via clinch for the last 13 minutes. That being said few things are more entertaining then a skilled Heavy getting in there with the fat boys.

^^^ Lol...

Didnt you say you weighed like 280? Fvck...

Im like 192 94 maybe.... Whatever, its all good... I dont know if i wanna spar, but ill roll with you for sure...

Aw screw it, well spar. Ill get my ass beat, but ill give some back when we roll.

Don't worry Russian's don't know how to punch....

^^ Instigator...

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    josh barnett ...hmm?? cmon now......i mean i know the match up makes the fight but i dont see barnett faring well vs fedor ...better than some others maybe but not well ..in all honesty i dont see fedor going down anytime soon. The arlovski fight is intriguing with andres recent form but i really dont see him (fedor) losing any time soon. It only takes one shot I know but he is so damn good and well rounded. He is truly a machine...and id love to see couture/fedor even tho i think fedor would win (tough for me to say as randy is one of my favs) but its 2 mma legends....

I think Randy vs Nog is the better more competitive fight. Randy will get hurt against Fedor

joeben22 is offline Associate Member
    In all honesty I don't think anyone beats Fedor right now. If I had to give my answer though it would be Nog. I know I will get flamed because he lost twice already but if I had to answer who had the best chance I would say him. Big heart, strong chin and always has the chance to pull a sub out.

^^ Weve been there already...

Like i said, Josh is the only one left...

Dan Christenson or Brad Imes, in my opinion

Thread Information