Buy Steroids



Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,548

    Wink MMA, Muay Thai and boxing for older people to get in shape

    How old are the people in your class usually, i am 38 years old and recently went to a new sport doctor, i will soon to get 100% again with back pain and hip pain, as of now i am able to lift weights again doing the adonis workout, great for rehab as well.

    My sport doctor ran compete blood test and fix my anemia (too much green tea and cafeine will cause that), and i will receive my first real prolotherapy treatment on Oct1. He said that with a proper follow up i can still train in MMA and even compete. I am not interested in competing, i have done my fair share on competition when i was younger. I do plan to train in boxing, muay thai and MMA at least 3 times per week with boxing and muay thai being 2hours and MMA on Saturday for 1h.

    Just want to know how the older guys are doing in there training.

  2. #2
    mrdude is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    How old are the people in your class usually, i am 38 years old and recently went to a new sport doctor, i will soon to get 100% again with back pain and hip pain, as of now i am able to lift weights again doing the adonis workout, great for rehab as well.

    My sport doctor ran compete blood test and fix my anemia (too much green tea and cafeine will cause that), and i will receive my first real prolotherapy treatment on Oct1. He said that with a proper follow up i can still train in MMA and even compete. I am not interested in competing, i have done my fair share on competition when i was younger. I do plan to train in boxing, muay thai and MMA at least 3 times per week with boxing and muay thai being 2hours and MMA on Saturday for 1h.

    Just want to know how the older guys are doing in there training.
    Good to know. I might get that if I don't cut down on my caffeine consumption. I drink a lot of coffee and/or tea.
    It's good that you are better now.
    At first I thought that you had never trained any martial arts but then read that you have competed before. That's cool.
    I'm not so old. I'm 27 years old. I train boxing, Jiu jitsu, karate and MMA sometimes and weight lifting. I don't plan on competing cause I haven't trained for so long. MMA for a few weeks and Karate and boxing for a few years but it's really good work out and more fun than to go running. I want to train Muay thai but I live in a small town and they don't have that here.

  3. #3
    Knockout_Power's Avatar
    Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    R.I.P My friends
    Posts
    14,982
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    How old are the people in your class usually, i am 38 years old and recently went to a new sport doctor, i will soon to get 100% again with back pain and hip pain, as of now i am able to lift weights again doing the adonis workout, great for rehab as well.

    My sport doctor ran compete blood test and fix my anemia (too much green tea and cafeine will cause that), and i will receive my first real prolotherapy treatment on Oct1. He said that with a proper follow up i can still train in MMA and even compete. I am not interested in competing, i have done my fair share on competition when i was younger. I do plan to train in boxing, muay thai and MMA at least 3 times per week with boxing and muay thai being 2hours and MMA on Saturday for 1h.

    Just want to know how the older guys are doing in there training.
    quick question referring to the bold lines... those sources can cause Anemia?

    As far as training, Im only 31 but i like to get as much time in as possible even when Im busy and it keeps me very happy, rids me of the tension and frustration thats builds up during the week and I just like the competition even while sparring. Im sure this relates to anyone at any age, as long as you train safely, it can only be a benefit to ones life and its just plain fun.

    I help train some of the students at my friends gym (mainly footwork and standup) and some of the students are in their 40's. They claim they havent had that much fun in other areas of fitness they have tried. We've had some students start with us being about 80-90lbs overweight and within a year they are back in proper bodycomposition levels.

    Sorry to hear you are having some body troubles, best of luck in recovery and rehab and get back at it.

    -KP

  4. #4
    JAB1's Avatar
    JAB1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    763
    Im 31 and train muay and jitsu(mma) a few times a week in conjunction with my weight lifting. Great sport, great exersise at any age. Our school has kids from 5 up to 60plus year olds. Obviously kids have there own classes and adults are divided by skil set to keep it safe an proggressive. We have male and female pros, alll walks of life, go for it!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    mrdude is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1 View Post
    Im 31 and train muay and jitsu(mma) a few times a week in conjunction with my weight lifting. Great sport, great exersise at any age. Our school has kids from 5 up to 60plus year olds. Obviously kids have there own classes and adults are divided by skil set to keep it safe an proggressive. We have male and female pros, alll walks of life, go for it!!!!!!!
    Yeah even if you're not gonna compete it's good exercise and fun.

  6. #6
    yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,548

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    quick question referring to the bold lines... those sources can cause Anemia?

    As far as training, Im only 31 but i like to get as much time in as possible even when Im busy and it keeps me very happy, rids me of the tension and frustration thats builds up during the week and I just like the competition even while sparring. Im sure this relates to anyone at any age, as long as you train safely, it can only be a benefit to ones life and its just plain fun.

    I help train some of the students at my friends gym (mainly footwork and standup) and some of the students are in their 40's. They claim they havent had that much fun in other areas of fitness they have tried. We've had some students start with us being about 80-90lbs overweight and within a year they are back in proper bodycomposition levels.

    Sorry to hear you are having some body troubles, best of luck in recovery and rehab and get back at it.

    -KP
    Wow losing a lot of weight its quit amazing, and yes a lot better if you don't compete, i competed in karate and TKD when i was younger, for me competing was very stressful, each time i lost i became a wreck for a week or so, and my school sensei always had high expectation on is students that it made is feel even worst.

    For me its getting in shape, i have been weight training for a year now since i injured my back 9 years ago, so i guess i can say that this time it was a successful comeback to weight training, i am squatting but mostly with dumbells, doing the Adonis workout. I also do barbell squats but never really go higher then 135 pounds, fun to see that the lower back and upper back are reacting well to the squat, on leg press i am back at around 6 plates on each side.

    Now for your question about anemia, i guess i was not clear enough when i said that so i will outline what i used to take and you will quickly understand why i became anemic.

    Usually 1-2 energy drinks per day, 3-4 cups of coffee, at my job we got a cappuccino machine and its free, imagine, fat burner with caffeine of course and 3-4 cups of green tea. From what i understood caffeine eliminates iron from the body, tea as theanine that also remove iron from the body and worst calcium.

    With everything we have been hearing about red meat i had quit eating it, stop drinking soy milk, regular milk, and my multi vitamin complex was iron free, i stop eating spinach, so as you can see my source of iron was near zero.

    I changed my diet, i now eat sirloin steak 3 times per week, black strap molasses, re-integrated soy milk no sugar because i am lactose intolerant, and something i just discovered on the recent cruise me and my GF went to last week, black bean soup, an all powerful fiber, iron and so much more.
    I also eat a lot more veggies, and frozen berries. Pumpkin seed which have a lot of iron in them too.

    I really doubt that if you drink a few cups of coffee each day, that you will become anemic, but if you do what i did there is a good chance that yes you will become anemic.

  7. #7
    Callsign's Avatar
    Callsign is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    166
    Best way I know to do cardio n have fun. For me Muah thai & boxing's easier on the back. Catch wrestling/judo, Bjj just take it easy especially with slams. Very easy to throw the back out..
    Good luck, hav fun

  8. #8
    mrdude is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    Wow losing a lot of weight its quit amazing, and yes a lot better if you don't compete, i competed in karate and TKD when i was younger, for me competing was very stressful, each time i lost i became a wreck for a week or so, and my school sensei always had high expectation on is students that it made is feel even worst.

    For me its getting in shape, i have been weight training for a year now since i injured my back 9 years ago, so i guess i can say that this time it was a successful comeback to weight training, i am squatting but mostly with dumbells, doing the Adonis workout. I also do barbell squats but never really go higher then 135 pounds, fun to see that the lower back and upper back are reacting well to the squat, on leg press i am back at around 6 plates on each side.

    Now for your question about anemia, i guess i was not clear enough when i said that so i will outline what i used to take and you will quickly understand why i became anemic.

    Usually 1-2 energy drinks per day, 3-4 cups of coffee, at my job we got a cappuccino machine and its free, imagine, fat burner with caffeine of course and 3-4 cups of green tea. From what i understood caffeine eliminates iron from the body, tea as theanine that also remove iron from the body and worst calcium.

    With everything we have been hearing about red meat i had quit eating it, stop drinking soy milk, regular milk, and my multi vitamin complex was iron free, i stop eating spinach, so as you can see my source of iron was near zero.

    I changed my diet, i now eat sirloin steak 3 times per week, black strap molasses, re-integrated soy milk no sugar because i am lactose intolerant, and something i just discovered on the recent cruise me and my GF went to last week, black bean soup, an all powerful fiber, iron and so much more.
    I also eat a lot more veggies, and frozen berries. Pumpkin seed which have a lot of iron in them too.

    I really doubt that if you drink a few cups of coffee each day, that you will become anemic, but if you do what i did there is a good chance that yes you will become anemic.
    Damn that's a lot of caffeine in a day. I drink coffee one to three or maybe 4 times a day but if I will take a fat burner I'm gonna cut down. I know some people that drink coffee 4 - 6 times a day. When I'm working I drink coffee when we have coffee breaks and when I'm free I drink it when I visit people and at home if I haven't slept enough.
    Yeah some meat is bad. I buy cow meat hopefully from good sourcs sometimes and now I get elk meat from my mom's husband. Then I understand why you didn't have much if any iron in your body. I eat spinach and I like it. I have quit drinking milk but eat yougurt and cottage cheese sometimes. LOL I try to not eat anything with soy cause I've heard that soy protein is mostly bad.

  9. #9
    yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,548

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
    Damn that's a lot of caffeine in a day. I drink coffee one to three or maybe 4 times a day but if I will take a fat burner I'm gonna cut down. I know some people that drink coffee 4 - 6 times a day. When I'm working I drink coffee when we have coffee breaks and when I'm free I drink it when I visit people and at home if I haven't slept enough.
    Yeah some meat is bad. I buy cow meat hopefully from good sourcs sometimes and now I get elk meat from my mom's husband. Then I understand why you didn't have much if any iron in your body. I eat spinach and I like it. I have quit drinking milk but eat yougurt and cottage cheese sometimes. LOL I try to not eat anything with soy cause I've heard that soy protein is mostly bad.
    Problem with soy and with every other foods is that they do studies, and most of them are not complete. I have heard many bad things about soy too, taking into account that the industry wants to make the milk appealing to everyone so it loads it up with sugar, chocolate and vanilla flavor. So anyone who drinks soy with all that crap in it is bound to get no benefit at all, and huge weight gains with all that sugar added.

    I don't go overboard on soy, i drink a glass a day. My sport doctor told me that there is so much in soy that is good, check out the label, there is lots of iron, calcium and protein.

    Still i mix my protein, and soon will have a complete nutritional profile, my sport doctor will refer me to a nutritionist, he said that at 38 i can still be in amazing shape, but diet as to be optimum, i love it when he said you will be eating foods and not loading up on supplements.

    I mean with an average salary i would love to put my money for pension and save up for my older days instead of spending it on supplements.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •