Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Vitaly Klichko, best boxer every!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    well, not much has changed in the heavy weight division since the last time we talked about it...

...I think Klitchko could step in any time and take whowever, for the same reasons I mentioned two years ago.

There needs to be a new weight division....

1) Heavy weight 190 - 220lbs
    2) Super Heavy weight 220+

This prevents light heavy weights from stepping up and stepping out of their ideal weight class, like Hollifield and Toney. These lighter guys beef up and slow down for financial, not professional reasons. Which makes for too much clenching because they may beef up, but there is not much they can do to improve lung (cardio) capacity.

jesse4466 is offline Member
    I miss the 1990's boxing. Every major weight class top to bottom was stacked. Used to be my favorite sport. MMA has taken over simply due to better competition.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    imo...boxing never met my expectations...the never had to defend the belt often enough...too much hype vs boxing.....rarely would the match that was demanded occur....but i too enjoyed it...actually have a scar from a bar fight after the mike tyson holyfield match on my hand...not sure if the scar came from the jaw i dismantled or if it came from the solid glass pitcher that the before mentioned dudes girlfriend shattered over my cranium
    lmao
    all over $5 and a baseball cap
    i won the bet and dude didnt pay lol and back then i had less reason only braun....lucky
    NACH3 likes this.

frighteous is offline Junior Member
    Boxing will never be the same again. I used to love it. But MMA shrank the pool of possible combatants. So now instead of Boxing, we have most guys going MMA...

You'll never have a great era without a large pool of athletes. MMA shrank the pool.

frighteous is offline Junior Member
    and I'd take even an old George Foreman over Vitaly any day.

It would have been interesting to see klitschos fight the heavy weights in the 90's. I'm guessing it would have been a nice mix of passing the belt around depending on style vs style. Maybe klitscho beats Holyfield but gets crushed by tyson for example.. Would have been fun to add them in that mix. But as stand alone heavy weights it's just boring to watch them as there is no competition today as there used to be.

crushed by tyson????????

did tyson crush ANYBODY? key word-ANYBODY

Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma
    crushed by tyson???????? did tyson crush ANYBODY? key word-ANYBODY
    What is so shocking? Styles make fights. Did you not see Corey sanders and Lamont bruster knock down / KO Wvladimir?

And I think tyson would have EASILY exposed him the same. Watch YouTube of those fights. I would assume KO within 5 rounds. Wlad has a glass jaw.

Yeh the op was trippin thinking klitchko best all time

But sure aint the ear biting gettin whooped by buster douglas tiger owning lennox lewis children eatin chump

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Shannon briggs is going to knock him out.

sirmike is offline New Member
    Vitali retired in 2013
    He is a mayor in Ukraine (politics)
    Vlad his little brother is the current super heavy
    He's also married to the smoking hot Hayden panaterrie

Last big heavy fight i remember was vitaly vs Lewis pretty good fight

May is gonna b the fight of this decade id say

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Vlad can't take a punch for sh*t! Don't get me wrong he can do some punching as well! But his form/boxing style actually sucks! He's just a big Mofo that can punch! Lewis out boxed em! But since then there hasn't been any good heavies since... Since the 90's when Tyson was in his prime(b4 the ear biting lol) his opponents were scared to death of him... Did he beat a lot of people sure... We're they any good most not! Lol he intimidated everyone at that time except Buster lol
    Last edited by NACH3; 03-09-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Vlad can't take a punch for sh*t! Don't get me wrong he can do some punching as well! But his form/boxing style actually sucks! He's just a big Mofo that can punch! Lewis out boxed em! But since then there hasn't been any good heavies since... Since the 90's when Tyson was in his prime(b4 the ear biting lol) his opponents were scared to death of him... Did he beat a lot of people sure... We're they any good most not! Lol he intimidated everyone at that time except Buster lol
    He didnt scare holy even with the carnivorousness nor lennox by threatening to eat his children...he beat NOBODY...agree he scared the others he beat minus old man larry holmes

Who u got winning in may?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post
    He didnt scare holy even with the carnivorousness nor lennox by threatening to eat his children...he beat NOBODY...agree he scared the others he beat minus old man larry holmes

Who u got winning in may?
    Oh I agree 100% he didn't scare Douglas til he knocked em down lol... Holyfield was a good boxer Tyson wasn't... I'd take holy field everytime on technique alone(a lot like a big Hopkins w/a better punch...

Your talking Klitchko and Jennings right? I'm a Philly boy but think Kitchcko has a great jab w/good lungs(he's gone the distance a few times but it was pretty ugly lol but I don't see Jennings gettin thru his jab and klitchcko will wear him down.... I'm rooting for Jennings though! Lol

What about you Zagga??

No i was talking bout the little guys

Mayweather and manny

I didnt even know there was a heavy coming up

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    No i was talking bout the little guys

Mayweather and manny

I didnt even know there was a heavy coming up
    Ok... I forgot they're actually doing it! Even better! I like Mayweathers countering style which will be effective against a more aggressive Manny!

However I think Manny is more powerful but may weather can punch too. The main thing is Mayweathers lungs are much better conditioned I think... In Mannys prime maybe a different outcome... But then again Mayweather is getting older too!

I'll take Mayweather but it's gonna/should be a doozie!

Ok now you Zagga... Lol

I haven't watched the lights that much but the time or two i saw the mouth box i figured it would take someone great to catch him...it would take such tenacity and it will b paq only chance as i dont think anyone thinks paq gonna out box floyd

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I haven't watched the lights that much but the time or two i saw the mouth box i figured it would take someone great to catch him...it would take such tenacity and it will b paq only chance as i dont think anyone thinks paq gonna out box floyd
    Yeah I don't see anyone out boxing Mayweather either! If anyone can catch em w/a punch it's Paq, though!
    zaggahamma likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information