Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DB1982
  • 1 Post By Brett N

Thread: So how about my number one bitch ronda rousey

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

So how about my number one bitch ronda rousey

I was really impressed with her last fight against Misha tate, she showed she has a right hand to go with that killer arm bar!

DB1982 is offline Member
    She is a one trick pony. But she is very good at that one trick.
    She's been training since her preteens in material arts. But yet only seems to win one way. That shows a very narrow field view when engaged with an opponent.

But since she has been training soo long Rhonda is leaps an bounds above her competition.

Her biggest problem is her personality. It's terrible end of story.

So just like many other great fighters. Her personality out weighs her abilities. And that's why many dislike her.

She is a good female fighter though. But women's MMA is like the WNBA. It's OK to watch but the men are just to far ahead to keep my attention for to long.
    ngtmarpete likes this.

EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think Rhonda is great. I see many people say she is only good at arm bars. She is a great judo Practitioner and grappler. Her striking skills are pretty good. Most MMA fighters came into the sport based on a one skill background. There are not lots of them with well rounded martial arts backgrounds from traditional martial arts like Chuck Liddell or GSP. Randy Couture came in with a great wrestling background as did Matt Hughes and i would say they did pretty well for guy's with a wrestling background. If Rhonda kicks the sh... out of her opponents till she retires with arm bars it only shows the lack of defense anyone has been able to work around it. She is as exciting to watch as any of them including the men. I have a Martial Arts background for many years. Even many of the Americans trained in Thai Boxing swing there kicks up at an angle in place of a fully committed turn the hip over straight across whip kick. One of the ways a shin can BREAK. They train that way, watch someone holding the pads while round kicking, they angle the pads down in place of vertically which is how the target will be when kicking. Point being every time someone is skilled, people watching want to talk about what they can't do instead of what they do over and over again to win. That's a physically demanding sport and even more mentally demanding. When you're at the top the pressure is something most spectators could not even comprehend.
    She is also one of the few females in that sport that doesn't look she is on a hormone diet. Anybody on this site knows the look. Yup i like Rhonda! lol

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    I was really impressed with her last fight against Misha tate, she showed she has a right hand to go with that killer arm bar!
    interesting. does SHE know she is your #1 bitch?

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    She's a great female fighter, hopefully she has a long career so I can keep rooting against her. She plays the bitch villain very well and I hope someday to watch someone who has great standup and takedown defense knock the living shit out of her. Until that day, I will keep licking my wounds as I root on a bunch of losers.
    BG likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
    I think Rhonda is great. I see many people say she is only good at arm bars. She is a great judo Practitioner and grappler. Her striking skills are pretty good. Most MMA fighters came into the sport based on a one skill background. There are not lots of them with well rounded martial arts backgrounds from traditional martial arts like Chuck Liddell or GSP. Randy Couture came in with a great wrestling background as did Matt Hughes and i would say they did pretty well for guy's with a wrestling background. If Rhonda kicks the sh... out of her opponents till she retires with arm bars it only shows the lack of defense anyone has been able to work around it. She is as exciting to watch as any of them including the men. I have a Martial Arts background for many years. Even many of the Americans trained in Thai Boxing swing there kicks up at an angle in place of a fully committed turn the hip over straight across whip kick. One of the ways a shin can BREAK. They train that way, watch someone holding the pads while round kicking, they angle the pads down in place of vertically which is how the target will be when kicking. Point being every time someone is skilled, people watching want to talk about what they can't do instead of what they do over and over again to win. That's a physically demanding sport and even more mentally demanding. When you're at the top the pressure is something most spectators could not even comprehend.
    She is also one of the few females in that sport that doesn't look she is on a hormone diet. Anybody on this site knows the look. Yup i like Rhonda! lol
    Well said my man, she proved this last fight she has progressed leaps and bounds with her stand up fighting which proved her dedication and hard work to keep evolving, she knows she needs to learn more and is willing and capable to do so, because she is a WINNER!
    Give credit where credit is do ppl, fact is she would kick the shit out of 75% of the members on this forum......how and why would you be a hater? you don't like her personality. She is a determined and dedicated fighter and wants to stay on top. CUTOS to her, she was exciting as hell to watch during this last fight. Any one who says she is a one trick pony is ignorant, plane and simple. She has also inspired millions of up and coming teenage girls that may advert a life of discontent simply because they give MMA a shot, just like million of young under privileged African American who adverted a life of crime and discontent because of professional sports.
    And yes she knows she's daddy's number one Bitch

Blog Entries
    I'm worried about the fight tonight, Sarha Mcman has the physical tol to win this fight, if she takes rousy down and controls top positon with ground and pound with out making mistakes its going to be a long night for rousey.

DB1982 is offline Member
    I'm worried about the fight tonight, Sarha Mcman has the physical tol to win this fight, if she takes rousy down and controls top positon with ground and pound with out making mistakes its going to be a long night for rousey.
    I totally agree. Should be a good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck
    I'm betting she has worked hard on strategy for Sarah. But either way it looks like she may have a movie career. She's getting great opportunities. Being waltzed in a big budget theatrical release is beyond rare. She will probably dump you Ironbeck. Lol

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I could take her easy lol. She's pretty bad ass but if someone can avoid that arm bar she's in deep.

Well, that settles those worries. Now she can explode in the film business! Dana White acts like he doesn't mind losing her, but he does! He will just use it to try and get more women interested in the sport. Now more women will feel they can become actresses by getting in the UFC. Generally doesn't work that way though. So many bodybuilders thought they could make it like Arnold did, but NOT. The purists in film frown on bodybuilders and Martial Artists, because they feel actors can play them, but Bodybuilders and Martial Artists can not play actors. Action sells!

Blog Entries
    What a short and sweet fight, but I was begging for more! I wanted it to go into the second round. Premature stoppage? perhaps, but the world was watching and there was going to be be no needless blows delivered for fear of negative media. I'm happy she won, but sad because she dumped me.....shes dating some movie director.

What a short and sweet fight, but I was begging for more! I wanted it to go into the second round. Premature stoppage? perhaps, but the world was watching and there was going to be be no needless blows delivered for fear of negative media. I'm happy she won, but sad because she dumped me.....shes dating some movie director.
    Just move on to the next fantasy female fighter. It's easier that way... Lol
    UFC is getting attacked from a few angles with the hormones and now that a few fighters are complaining about the money they were paid, it opens up the doors for many more to start a chain reaction. Dana knows it to, I think he is trying to strategize how he can place more of a positive image on the UFC. Also, if Ronda does end up taking off in film and become sale-able, she will not be able to focus on fighting. UFC does not want new female fighters to be hesitant about getting into MMA. Keeping it safer for females is a smart move. Dana is feeling the pressure and knows the roll cannot last forever without some large bumps in the road.
    Can't imagine Ronda with a Director type. But opposites do attract, especially when the possibility of becoming a rich and famous movie star is within reach. in that business you may only get one window of opportunity. Sometimes when fighters or any hard core athletes see another side of life, they can roll the other way.
    I don't think Cyborg can do it clean. She is too dependent physically and mentally. But the strategy will be up to Dana White. Do they bring Cyborg out looking like she was deflated and not such a scary fighter? Showmanship plays an important role in entertainment. Also, if there is a noticeable difference in her physique, it is kind of an admittance of her present use.

JuiceBox7 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
    Just move on to the next fantasy female fighter. It's easier that way... Lol
    UFC is getting attacked from a few angles with the hormones and now that a few fighters are complaining about the money they were paid, it opens up the doors for many more to start a chain reaction. Dana knows it to, I think he is trying to strategize how he can place more of a positive image on the UFC. Also, if Ronda does end up taking off in film and become sale-able, she will not be able to focus on fighting. UFC does not want new female fighters to be hesitant about getting into MMA. Keeping it safer for females is a smart move. Dana is feeling the pressure and knows the roll cannot last forever without some large bumps in the road.
    Can't imagine Ronda with a Director type. But opposites do attract, especially when the possibility of becoming a rich and famous movie star is within reach. in that business you may only get one window of opportunity. Sometimes when fighters or any hard core athletes see another side of life, they can roll the other way.
    I don't think Cyborg can do it clean. She is too dependent physically and mentally. But the strategy will be up to Dana White. Do they bring Cyborg out looking like she was deflated and not such a scary fighter? Showmanship plays an important role in entertainment. Also, if there is a noticeable difference in her physique, it is kind of an admittance of her present use.
    agreed!

Estoy is offline New Member
    I can't hate her, man. Maybe her attitude, but as a fighter, I totally respect her. She proves the doubters wrong, time over time. I used to hate her but her last 2 fights made me change my mind.

blake702 is offline Junior Member
    She's a great fighter! Finished her last 2 fights in 30 seconds, and won with great boxing before that with a liver punch. She was an Olympian for a reason.
    She's not a one trick pony, no more than saying anderson silva is because he ko's people (even though he's a bjj blackbelt). Being able to through the top girls in the world to the ground, control them, and submit them shows her dominance! I'd like to see her fight cyborg!

Thread Information