jesse4466 is offline Member

Pacquaio fight tonight!

Hopefully this fight, with a Pacquiao win,may finally line up a fight with Floyd May weather on May 5,2015.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    mayweather will never in my mind be one of the greats....

.....greats don't selectively choose their opponents based on whether or not they think they will win.

he's been ducking Pacquaio for over ten years. Why didn't he fight Pacquaio in his prime?

Agree 100%... To put it nicely, Mayweather appears to be a businessman first , boxer 2nd.

Def not like they used to be in the 70's-90's eras. It's also a way to turn everyone away from boxing, not giving fans what they want. It's a selfish move by him cherry picking everyone..

De la Hoya for example fought everyone who posed the biggest threat to him, that's usually what champions do. Mayweather does the opposite and very very carefully, calculates who his next opponent should be over a period of months, ignoring the demand of fans most of the time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    mayweather will never in my mind be one of the greats....

.....greats don't selectively choose their opponents based on whether or not they think they will win.

he's been ducking Pacquaio for over ten years. Why didn't he fight Pacquaio in his prime?
    I don't understand why some people have this point of view? Selectively choosing who you wanna fight among several elite professional boxers means you can't be great? Since when does choosing your opponent win you the fight? He's fought several good fighters, and beat them all. He hasn't lost a fight, and he's had a long career. He could have stopped at 20, 30, or 40 and stopped pressing his luck, but he continued until now and is still fighting and WINNING at his age.

Just watching him in the ring should be enough proof to people that this guy is special. I don't really see how you could discredit him.... He's fought plenty of good boxers...

And Manny can't pass a drug test, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100
    I don't understand why some people have this point of view? Selectively choosing who you wanna fight among several elite professional boxers means you can't be great? Since when does choosing your opponent win you the fight? He's fought several good fighters, and beat them all. He hasn't lost a fight, and he's had a long career. He could have stopped at 20, 30, or 40 and stopped pressing his luck, but he continued until now and is still fighting and WINNING at his age. Just watching him in the ring should be enough proof to people that this guy is special. I don't really see how you could discredit him.... He's fought plenty of good boxers... And Manny can't pass a drug test, that's why.
    I appreciated each point you made except the drug test part,, that's speculation and anyone could do that to anyone.. In fact one could speculate mayweather is on them as well...cause it's only speculation , who knows.. Anyway., I do respect him more And more as he wins each time.. But give the fans what they want.... So We shall see..

Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    I don't understand why some people have this point of view? Selectively choosing who you wanna fight among several elite professional boxers means you can't be great? Since when does choosing your opponent win you the fight? He's fought several good fighters, and beat them all. He hasn't lost a fight, and he's had a long career. He could have stopped at 20, 30, or 40 and stopped pressing his luck, but he continued until now and is still fighting and WINNING at his age.

Just watching him in the ring should be enough proof to people that this guy is special. I don't really see how you could discredit him.... He's fought plenty of good boxers...

And Manny can't pass a drug test, that's why.
    put a few more decades on you and understand how over time the greats take on all, and not duck. you bought into Mayweather's BS spin/hype.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse4466 View Post
    I appreciated each point you made except the drug test part,, that's speculation and anyone could do that to anyone.. In fact one could speculate mayweather is on them as well...cause it's only speculation , who knows.. Anyway., I do respect him more And more as he wins each time.. But give the fans what they want.... So We shall see..
    time cannot be ignored. if you wait 20 years before fighting me when I'm old and gray, and you win, what does that prove?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    time cannot be ignored. if you wait 20 years before fighting me when I'm old and gray, and you win, what does that prove?
    Yeah but think about it this way, if he loses he looks even worse??

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think Pacquiao will win

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Pac-Man won't agree to Olympic drug testing both fighter's would have to complete.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Pac-Man won't agree to Olympic drug testing both fighter's would have to complete.
    but that's not the norm, is it? periodic pre fight testing, and again right before the fight?

I think Manny addressed the question, but now I'm forgetting what his response was. wasn't it something like if he were to agree to this, then what next would Mayweather insist on?

Thread Information