Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    The decision would have been pretty controversial had they given the win to Nate. I wAnted Nate to Win but those knock downs he suffered sealed the deal. The fight was close and it will be a great third fight at 155

Blog Entries
    nates face said it all...that boy got beat down he was the more damaged fighter imho as close as it all was...great fight...

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Trippin someone and takin them down at the end of a round doesn't constitute winning a Rd or fight for that matter...the only time connote was in "trouble" was nate little flurry in Rd 3..bit if u noticed not much landed..alot was shoulder rolled by Conor..I gave conor 1..2...4..along with 5....
    To gave a much smaller guy drop and bigger guy 4x says a lot and defend alot of the takedown says alot too imho

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't see that Diaz did enough to win the fight. Nonetheless, like I mentioned in another thread, it's easy to see how he might count it as a moral victory, and why McGregor should mark it as a lower-case 'w', because Diaz was still standing after five rounds.

I don't think there'll be a tie-breaker. The UFC doesn't want Aldo to have any more bargaining power against them, but that's what he gets the longer McGregor stays out of the weight class. Nor do do they want Diaz getting any more bargaining power. They already paid him about as much (if not more) for the rematch against McGregor as they did for the previous 29 fights combined. They liked him better when they were only paying him $30,000 a fight, but he won't settle for that when he can argue, "I'm worth more than that because I'm 2-and-1 against your featherweight champ."

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    From TMZ:

It's as shocking as Saturday night's fight was awesome ... there will be no Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz trilogy ... according to the man who makes the decision.

Dana White tells TMZ Sports he wants Conor to defend his title against interim champ Jose Aldo. Dana says, "The war was fun and super successful but I'm movin' on." Here's the rub -- Conor beefed up for his fight against the much larger Diaz. Conor normally fights at 145 and swelled to 168 to fight Diaz.

Dana says Conor has two options -- either fight Aldo or surrender his title to him -- or cut weight to 155 and fight Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight title.

Dana says under any scenario, he's closing the books on McGregor vs. Diaz.

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    From TMZ:
    Would love to see him drop wright and fight Alvarez

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    The decision would have been pretty controversial had they given the win to Nate. I wAnted Nate to Win but those knock downs he suffered sealed the deal. The fight was close and it will be a great third fight at 155

I feel he lost the fight myself. I also feel like NATE stalled when he really had CONNOR a few times. He didn't look sharp to me at all.
    I cant help but think that him and MCGREGOR were already setting up a money fight for a Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    I feel he lost the fight myself. I also feel like NATE stalled when he really had CONNOR a few times. He didn't look sharp to me at all.
    I cant help but think that him and MCGREGOR were already setting up a money fight for a Trilogy.
    Right, money's the name of the game. $300K to prepare for Diaz? They're gonna cash out on their 3rd fight.

Thread Information