Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rugbyking is offline Associate Member

Angry Rugby is a sport you know

****ers, no love for rugby i see. I wouldnt mind some tips if anyone has any. Do you even know what rugby is? Ill give you a hint. It isnt the sport with the sticks(la cross).

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    just think that if u win u get to bang your avatar

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    rugby is the ****, one of the manliest sports around

qccat is offline Associate Member
    got nothing but respect for rugby all the way, wish i knew some tips for ya!

adamw1 is offline Associate Member
    I got a tip for you when you get the ball run like the wind because your going down otherwise!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by adamw1
    I got a tip for you when you get the ball run like the wind because your going down otherwise!
    I was watching a game the other night on TV - lots of face bashing with elbows and knocking each other out. In American Football you just tackle - everyone gets hit... but in Rugby, it's basically smeer the queer - if you have the ball, prepare to get hammered. I have been invited to go play with some Aussies - but haven't... yet... but they want my size on the field...

Latimus is offline Banned
    lol...people who didnt make the football team...played rugby..

actually its the other way round,rugby is like a religion where i live.Football is something you play to wind down.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Soccer is a gentlemans game played by hooligans, and Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen!.

Warrior, if you've never played before, DON'T. The Aussies will seriously murder you, I'm serious man.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Soccer is a gentlemans game played by hooligans, and Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen!.

Warrior, if you've never played before, DON'T. The Aussies will seriously murder you, I'm serious man.
    You realize that is just encouraging me right?

Quake is offline Member
    I started back playing for my local team last season after 9 years of being out of it. I was so unfit you wouldn't believe. Now I'm back in the gym, my fitness levels are up, and my size is coming back, the next season is going to be a stormer! If I come up with any tips I'll be sure to post them!

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    i've seen a couple of games live, my brother in law was the captain of the us naval acadamy team and his senior year i believe they took 3rd or 4th in the nation. i had never seen it b4 that but man do i have some respect for those mother phuckers.......they are hardasses. Makes football look like a pussy sport.

Romulus is offline New Member
    Coming from South Africa, have watched a game or two!! Here is a guideline or two to the various rugby playing nations:

New Zealand : Will win the tri-nations this year
    Australia : Very good until South Sea Islanders are banned from playing
    for them
    South Africa : Ah I'm sure we will win something soon (not)
    Canada : Always win the fights
    Wales : Got clubbed by SA, so not much more to say

Yep, rugby is a pretty rough game played by some big buggers who are pretty hard ! I tell you what though, I was watching some football on cable the other night... your American Football players are UNBELIEVEABLE athletes, even though I did not really understand the game altogether.

BTW If you want to see how the game is played, watch the up and coming tri-nations series between NZ, Aus and South Africa.... will be a great tournament !!

Peace !!

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    There are a couple of pro rugby players on here who I know use the board and its information.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    warrior - be sure to tape your ears bacck if you r getting in the scrum

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    No leave your ears out LOL, the ladies love my cauliflower ears!

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Rugby is insanely intense and I commend anyone who can hang in a rugby game.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I played football in HS, and never really got a chance to play Rugby til now (in college)…

I have the utmost respect for the game, and anyone who plays it…

Right up there beside Hockey and Football in my book

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    2004 World Cup Winners - ENGLAND!!!!!!!

Juice a go-go is offline Junior Member
    Rugby would have to be the toughest game mentally and physically i was brought up on it (that and League) no better place to play than in AUSTRALIA

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    i love rugby

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrit55
    Live it up mate it wont ever happen again. BTW how many of the last few tests have england won??????................O

ronin_ts is offline New Member
    rugby is truly one of the greatest sports created , union or league

theres a diff between two

league has a tackle count and the scrum in league is pointless and well theres more but so many cant tell all

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrit55
    The welsh are coming for you!!!!!!!!!!

Juice a go-go is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin_ts
    rugby is truly one of the greatest sports created , union or league

theres a diff between two

league has a tackle count and the scrum in league is pointless and well theres more but so many cant tell all
    League is a quiker game to much stopping and starting in union is you get a penalty happy REF

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    Live it up mate it wont ever happen again. BTW how many of the last few tests have england won??????................O
    Ah, at last a comment from a man from a REAL rugby nation, hats off to the Kiwis who have always been awesome.............enjoy the tri-nations, but don't be surprised if the Springboks finally manage to give you guys some gas !! (by the way.... when is Carlos Spencer going to retire....but wait, I think he might have a South African Grandmother

Peace !!

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus
    Ah, at last a comment from a man from a REAL rugby nation, hats off to the Kiwis who have always been awesome.............enjoy the tri-nations, but don't be surprised if the Springboks finally manage to give you guys some gas !! (by the way.... when is Carlos Spencer going to retire....but wait, I think he might have a South African Grandmother

Peace !!

Now this is an intelligent man LOL. Tell ya what i rate the boks up there B4 the aussies, i think aus has had its day and need the old timers to bugger off and let the newbies run with the ball. Did you see the pacific islanders play the aussies the other night, **** the kafers beat them black n blue it was awesome. I really didnt think this lot would understand the game but it seems like theres a following eh.

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    Now this is an intelligent man LOL. Tell ya what i rate the boks up there B4 the aussies, i think aus has had its day and need the old timers to bugger off and let the newbies run with the ball. Did you see the pacific islanders play the aussies the other night, **** the kafers beat them black n blue it was awesome. I really didnt think this lot would understand the game but it seems like theres a following eh.
    Boks before the aussies? you been smokin too much my sheep rooting friend, I want to see NZ play Australia this year though, I think both teams are fairly evenly matched, but I think NZ are the better team this year in the tri nations, but we'll see. I liked watching the pacific islanders game, watch out they're playing NZ this week, hope your boys don't get hurt too badly.

LOL i was waiting for you to see that comment soul. Im sure we play you lot not the jo jos this week? i could be wrong though. What about state of origin theres a bit of biffo the other night, **** it was good.

Sh*t man, those islanders look like they were genetically engineered as tackling machines, nothing like being hit by a guy that weighs 105 KG's & does the hundred in 10.3 sec !!

We are also set to play them soon, so I feel sure that the local casualty room will do a roaring trade.....

Enjoy the tri-nations, hopefully I will not have to come back to the board at the end of July to be ripped off about coming third (again)

New Springbok coach seems to have made a huge difference to the confidence of the side, but only time will tell. We have some awesome loose forwards coming over to visit you, but the backline is still up to maggots!! Haven't had a world class flyhalf since Noah left the ark....

rugger2 is offline New Member
    im a rugger in LA not saying where but playing for a college team im a hooker at about 195 i f***ing love it i just finished my 1 season last semester, im fast enough to move somewhere else but im not sure what position anyone got tips?

Quote Originally Posted by rugger2
    im a rugger in LA not saying where but playing for a college team im a hooker at about 195 i f***ing love it i just finished my 1 season last semester, im fast enough to move somewhere else but im not sure what position anyone got tips?

At 195 I am guessing that you are probably a lot more mobile than your mates in the front row, which is great. In world rugby it is no longer sufficient to just be big, you need to move around the park as well !!

I would suggest you try out as a flanker, but be prepared to run around the park like a madman, as you are expected to be at point of breakdown first.
    Probably a lot more fun than playing hooker anyway........

Enjoy the game (the best), maybe even see a side from the US in the world cup soon??

Peace !!

rugger2 is offline New Member
    hope so man

Anyone see the bledisloe cup last night? we killed the aussies. Good punch up 15 mins into it, after that mortlock prick rucked a kiwi players back with the ball no where in site, then carlos and a few others had the aussie pinned and belted the shyt outta him. Next week i think we play the boks, should be a hard game.

Justoid is offline Associate Member
    Im a pro player (union) who plys his trade in the uk- if anyone has any questions or wants advice feel free to get in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Justoid
    Im a pro player (union) who plys his trade in the uk- if anyone has any questions or wants advice feel free to get in touch.

Im guessing your a lock? and i will go out on a limb and say you and import player by the way you said "plying your trade in the uk". I was playing centre for 1st grade premiers over here in NZ but family commitments got in the way, now i can only but watch

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by adamw1
    The welsh are coming for you!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol, you got more chance of beating us at football! I used to live with a welsh rugby player. Watching teh six nations with him was fun.

Bouncer1982 is offline Associate Member
    Rugby Union is ****, Know Rugby League that's a GAME of men!

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer1982
    Rugby Union is ****, Know Rugby League that's a GAME of men!
    Phuck off!!! If it was "the game of men" like you say, then why are there 6 units of play where the whole game stops untill the tackled man plays the ball between his legs? with union its pretty much a running game with stops for pretty much only penalties and lineouts, oh and scrums. Speaking of scrums what is the point of haveing one in league? i mean how many times do you get a tight head scrum in league and the opposition gets the ball? id say 1 outta 100, so you might as well just give the team the ball instead of going through the formality of having a scrum.

WAKEY WAKEY S.A the tri nations is on and you baskets just scored, 30 SECONDS INTO IT? WTF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information