2davidbostonjr1 is offline Junior Member

GRASS vs FIELD TURF ??

has any one every played on field turf i was just wondering going to a school that as it just got it and never steped foot on it before just wonder how diffrent it is then grass if its faster or slower and if u like it better then grass...

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2davidbostonjr1
    has any one every played on field turf i was just wondering going to a school that as it just got it and never steped foot on it before just wonder how diffrent it is then grass if its faster or slower and if u like it better then grass...
    I played on a few different turf fields. There are a wide range of qualities (how forgiving they are, how much of your skin gets left behind when you slide on them, etc.)

They are all faster than grass. I hated all of them, but the receivers loved them. I thought it was like playing in a parking lot.

decadbal is offline Banned
    turf hurts, bottom line is burns and hard impact.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    the old turf sucks yes. . but i have played on field turf a bunch of times and i love it. . fast and forgiving IMO

qccat is offline Associate Member
    old turf is trash, this new "astro play" and others like it are not bad at all

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    They have super turrf now, i think it is 70% grass anyways. The best turf in the land is boise state smurf turf.

eacman65 is offline Member
    turf hurts your feet will be killing you after a game

yea thats we have ... astro turf ,smart turf whatever u wana call it looks a lot better then normal turf .. thank god they got rid of the old stuff i would hate to play in the cold on it , but then again never really even played in the cold before soo thats another whole new thing i have to get used to.

did any of u guys take **** when up played in college or if u did or if u are now ??haha i know where im going they dont test till play offs soo im pretty starit over the offseason just hope they dont mix **** up on me when i get there or im gonna have to pull something from strait out of the "program " or is there easier ways to beat the system ???

Needles33 is offline Junior Member
    I've been around a lot of stadiums with field turf. The best I've seen is Nebraska's and Humboldt State (CA D2). UW's is awsome too.

SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    I am in highschool and played in another town with turf, it has like longer turf blades with little rubber pellets in it so it is soft and fast I liked it alot

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    For running the turf is the best, I love it but when you fall, **** it you can feel it.
    There a new turf that was made recently that has everything like grass but at around 5million for a field. ouch

I prefer grass, i like the smell too

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    I will always prefer to play on grass any day of the week, twice on sundays, having said that though the new turf they are coming out with isnt all that bad....looks like grass, isnt as soft as grass, but the ground up rubber in it helps cushion the blow....

d-lineman is offline New Member
    The newer field turf is some really nice stuff. The highschool I went to is building a new stadium right now and they are putting field turf in it. It looks really nice. Unlike the old astro turf this new stuff is actually soft and it gives like natural grass.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d-lineman
    The newer field turf is some really nice stuff. The highschool I went to is building a new stadium right now and they are putting field turf in it. It looks really nice. Unlike the old astro turf this new stuff is actually soft and it gives like natural grass.
    def man i love the stuff. the only prob is you get all those little rubber pellets all up in your asss crack!!

boistheman is offline Associate Member
    yea that is the only prob and it sticks everywhere when ur wet.

Thread Information