3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Canadian Football

Our balls are bigger

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    Hells ya!!!

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    And we only need 3 downs to get shyt done too bro

IrISShEagles is offline Junior Member
    Oh please dont even get started with Canadian football. Your best player. Flutie..enough said

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally, I think that the rules of the Canadian game make for a more entertaining sport. However, there's no sense in arguing that it's better than the NFL since the American game obviously has vastly superior talent.

Canadian Football is softcore XFL

qccat is offline Associate Member
    we have some guys from Canada on our team, and the rules do sound interesting but they say its nothing compared to US as far as overall talent goes.

Quote Originally Posted by IrISShEagles
    Oh please dont even get started with Canadian football. Your best player. Flutie..enough said
    He's not the best player....one of many though...
    Just b/c he decided to go to the US market does not mean he is the best....

I agree with bad_man though...much more overall talent in the NFL...

This is based upon many factors such as....
    Population, funding for sports during High School....and lack of interest....etc...

Quote Originally Posted by IrISShEagles
    Canadian Football is softcore XFL
    You obviously know nothing about it.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    When I was in high school (ohio) we would play a team (different team all 4 years) from canada every year.... It was not even a contest.

Tell me this wouldn't make the NFL game more exciting:

-3 downs instead of 4
    -field is 20 yards wider
    -field is 10 yards longer
    -endzone is 20 yards deep instead of 10
    -no fair catches (pussy Americans)

What all this leads to is a LOT more passing, which is the most exciting part of football. Would you rather watch Clinton Portis run 3 or 4 yards at a time, or Dante Culpepper sprint out on a naked bootleg and then chuck it 30 yards across the field to Randy Moss?

Like I said, the NFL is vastly superior in talent, but the Canadian rules lead to a more exciting game.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    When I was in high school (ohio) we would play a team (different team all 4 years) from canada every year.... It was not even a contest.
    We're not debating the skill level of the players. We're debating different rules of the game.

Can you give me a list of ALL the difference in rules?

If you dont mind that is, I dont know much about Canadian football, when we played them they always played by our rules.

hmmm, let's see....

The ball is bigger.
    A touchback results in 1 point for the kicking team.
    A missed field goal has to be run out of the end zone by the receiving team, otherwise it's a touchback (1 point)
    12 players instead of 11 (almost forgot that)

Defense lines up 1 yard off the ball (instead of ON the ball like in the American game)

Goal posts are on the goal line (back of the end zone in American game)

That's what comes to mind so far.

Interesting.... I dont like the extra player at all.

I do like the idea that you have to run back a field goal or its 1 point for the other team. In America, you have the option to run a field goal back (which I dont understand why more teams dont take advantage of)... but you dont get any points for a miss.

Thanks for the info.

qccat is offline Associate Member
    It's interesting but different, just different. I dont think changing the American game would make it any more exciting except for the addition of a true no fair catch rule. And as far as more passing goes, thats exciting but I find a running back making that 4 or 5 yard gaining into a 40 yard TD run because he broke two guys ankles and ran through a safety every bit as exciting as a roll out pass. Everyone loves the game for different reasons...but we can all agree...whatever the rules..its a great game!

mistasmif is offline Junior Member
    Eastcoaster, you should do some more work on your calves before trying to "show them off". My lil sister has more defined calves. LOL!

show me a picture of your sisters calves i want to see if id rock her

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I played both, and I must say I hate the Canadian way, not because I hate the rules and all, but ITS TIRING LIKE HELL, always on the field.

But the best football is like the one play here in Qc and accross canada (amateur until college, where both football are combine.

Canadian field
    canadian rules for special teams, catch etc..
    4 down football
    no yard between the lines.
    12 players

really fun, the americans when they come here love it when they try it

But the US version is conservative compared to the Canadian.

As for talent, well it all depends, if you play a NFL game, the nfl would win, if you play cfl , the cfl would win against the nfl. They are not the same thing, but we still have bigger balls

Also with my experience, CFL players are more gentlemen and love more the game compared to NFL players why? When you are paid 20 000cdn a year to play football in Saskatchewan you must love the game EH
    Last edited by 3Vandoo; 06-27-2004 at 11:03 PM.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    As for talent, well it all depends, if you play a NFL game, the nfl would win, if you play cfl , the cfl would win against the nfl. They are not the same thing, but we still have bigger balls

Also with my experience, CFL players are more gentlemen and love more the game compared to NFL players why? When you are paid 20 000cdn a year to play football in Saskatchewan you must love the game EH
    I think it is assanine to think that CFL players would win against an NFL team even using CFL rules. Those rules are far from impactful enough to make up for the vast talent difference. Keep in mind as someone brought up earlier, Flutie one of the CFL's finest players struggled to even make a roster in the NFL let alone dominate the game like he did in the CFL. There is a reason that the undrafted players go on to play in NFL Europe and the CFL, the talent is far less.

I would most certainly agree with you about the gentlemen aspect of the NFL game compared to the CFL though. Anyone who renegotiates a couple million dollar contract to a multi million dollar contract is pathetic but unfortunately american sports are over run by these over paid over endorsed althetes.

Quote Originally Posted by mistasmif
    Eastcoaster, you should do some more work on your calves before trying to "show them off". My lil sister has more defined calves. LOL!

humm... show me a pic of yours. Dont sing it, bring it.

I'm not saying I have the biggest legs in the land, but I squat and deadlift over 550. And I didnt have to pay for college with football scholarships... maybe your sister and I could hang out sometime.

Why would you ever flame me anyway? You're a newbie with no pic of yourself who's probably on some wack ass d-bol cycle.

Pretty bold statement saying the NFL talent is VASTLY superior to the NFL.....only thing that is VASTLY superior is the phat contracts in the NFL.

Bottom line, American football is great, but so is Canadian football...give credit where credit is due, the CFL is not some amatuer punk league by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    I think it is assanine to think that CFL players would win against an NFL team even using CFL rules. Those rules are far from impactful enough to make up for the vast talent difference. Keep in mind as someone brought up earlier, Flutie one of the CFL's finest players struggled to even make a roster in the NFL let alone dominate the game like he did in the CFL. There is a reason that the undrafted players go on to play in NFL Europe and the CFL, the talent is far less.

I would most certainly agree with you about the gentlemen aspect of the NFL game compared to the CFL though. Anyone who renegotiates a couple million dollar contract to a multi million dollar contract is pathetic but unfortunately american sports are over run by these over paid over endorsed althetes.
    Let me make a comment about Flutie. Saying that he was the CFL's best player and he failed to make it in the NFL due to his talent is grossly understating the facts of the argument. This is where the rules of the game play a SIGNIFICANT part in the argument.

I've always said that if you could mold yourself a player that would be perfect for the CFL, you would have Doug Flutie. He is an incredibly intelligent, very mobile quarterback. I don't mean a QB that can simply run like Dante, Donovan, or Vick. I mean a QB that can scramble around for 10 seconds and stay behind the line of scrimmage (remember, the field is much larger so you have more room to scramble) so that a receiver can finally get open. He can then throw the ball in full stride and hit the receiver on the move. He was absulutely AWESOME to watch. Poetry in motion.

And for all you dudes that may live in and around Ottawa - NORTH SIDE SUCKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    I've always said that if you could mold yourself a player that would be perfect for the CFL, you would have Doug Flutie. He is an incredibly intelligent, very mobile quarterback. I don't mean a QB that can simply run like Dante, Donovan, or Vick. I mean a QB that can scramble around for 10 seconds and stay behind the line of scrimmage (remember, the field is much larger so you have more room to scramble) so that a receiver can finally get open. He can then throw the ball in full stride and hit the receiver on the move. He was absulutely AWESOME to watch. Poetry in motion.
    First of all if any quarterback can excell at the size of a small woman he obviously is playing against lesser talent. I think Doug myay be the size of my penis. There is not a chance in hell he could see over a line of Johnathon Ogden, Orlando Pace, Steve Hutchinson, Willie Anderson, etc. These guys are nearly a foot taller than Flutie Flakes. I dont care how mobile or imobile you are if you cant see you cant play period!
    And to make the assertation that Doug throws with better accuracy on the run than McNabb, Vick, or Culpepper is out right assanine. If passing is such a large part of the CFL game then why wouldn't quaterbacks with the style of Peyton Manning be the stars of the CFL and not midget's on the run like Flutie? If these players are so gifted why wouldnt they come south and play for 100 times the amount of money? Trust me the weather isnt they staying issue on remaining in Canada thats for sure.

Assanine, huh? Well, I'm not sure what argument you thought I was making, but whatever it was, it sure got you worked up. First, nowhere in this thread have I ever stated that the CFL contained better or even equal talent to the NFL. I was, however, explaining how Flutie's skills and style lend themselves so well to the CFL game. How you took that as me trying to say that he is better than any NFL player is beyond me. Maybe it has something to do with your obsession about your Flutie-sized penis.

Why wouldn't a Peyton Manning type player excel in the CFL? They would!! How many of them do you have lying around? Not many, right?

But as someone who has seen all four of them play in person, I'll still hold my statement that Flutie (in his prime) could throw on the run better than the other three. In the NFL, Flutie would still be my last pick of that group, but that wasn't the argument I was making - again that was another point missed by you.

So, if you'd like to re-read my statement and challenge it based on what I was actually presenting, feel free to try again.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    We don't spend every waking breath playing it like in the US. Wanna try us at hockey? We would beat you like a red headed step child. Either one of our countries could go to England and get toasted in soccer. It all depends where the focus is right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fullback57
    Pretty bold statement saying the NFL talent is VASTLY superior to the NFL.....only thing that is VASTLY superior is the phat contracts in the NFL.

Bottom line, American football is great, but so is Canadian football...give credit where credit is due, the CFL is not some amatuer punk league by any stretch of the imagination.
    I like the CFL...but it is inferior compared to the NFL. Look at Ricky Ray...lit up the CFL last year...this year he's 3rd string in the NFL.

It's not a knock on the CFL...but the best play in the NFL.

It's a pointless argument here...CFL versus NFL. They are 2 different games. Look at the NHL and Olympic hockey...both are hockey...but 2 entirely different games. Same goes for the CFL and NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I like the CFL...but it is inferior compared to the NFL. Look at Ricky Ray...lit up the CFL last year...this year he's 3rd string in the NFL.

It's not a knock on the CFL...but the best play in the NFL.
    i have to disagree....alot of what happens depends on what kind of a situation you walk into.....look at Jeff Garcia, he rode the bench until Steve Young had to hang them up and is now one of the NFL's elite QB's.....although i'm not his biggest fan, Ricky Ray could do the same if all the chips fall into place like they did for Jeff Garcia.....hell, even look at Marc Boerigter for the Chiefs, exact same thing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fullback57
    i have to disagree....alot of what happens depends on what kind of a situation you walk into.....look at Jeff Garcia, he rode the bench until Steve Young had to hang them up and is now one of the NFL's elite QB's.....although i'm not his biggest fan, Ricky Ray could do the same if all the chips fall into place like they did for Jeff Garcia.....hell, even look at Marc Boerigter for the Chiefs, exact same thing.....
    I hear ya bro...but in the big picture (not a few athletes) the NFL is superior. Just imagine what a Preist Holmes could do to a CFL defense. Bro I love watching the CFL as much as the next guy...but the talent does lie south of the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I hear ya bro...but in the big picture (not a few athletes) the NFL is superior. Just imagine what a Preist Holmes could do to a CFL defense. Bro I love watching the CFL as much as the next guy...but the talent does lie south of the border.
    I'm glad to see that a canadian bro who actively watches both games can vouch for the talent difference between the two leagues. I knew there was some small reason why I kinda liked you but that wont save you from getting your ass kicked come Sept 9th.
    Last edited by TheChosenOne; 06-28-2004 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    I'm glad to see that a canadian bro who actively watches both games can vouch for the talent difference between the two leagues. I knew there was some small reason why I kinda liked you but that wont save you from getting your ass kicked come Sept 9th.
    The gloves will come off this year...and the Black Fury Whip will bitch slap all of you!!!

bitch please

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    And for all you dudes that may live in and around Ottawa - NORTH SIDE SUCKS!!!
    I JUST read this....nice bad_man...

american football is the best, hands down

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    I'm too lazy and tired to read all the posts in this thread so I'm just gonna say Go Riders!

TxJuiceFreak is offline Junior Member
    all i gotta say is who is makin more money? who has more fame? AND, who won the CFL championship last year??? Cause I have no idea. American Pride Mo Fo's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information