Thread: RECruitmeNT

SickNasty is offline Associate Member

RECruitmeNT

Ok so there is this dilemma going into senior year of high school, would you go to a D-1 school and sit the bench for 3 years or go to a NAIA or D-2 school and possibly start?

qccat is offline Associate Member
    that is a tough decision. there are some questions you have to ask yourself like....do you ever see yourself playing at the higher level? if you went to the d-2 school and were a star would you be disappointed you hadnt tried at the higher level? will you be able to sit behind others and be patient at a bigger school? Its a tough choice but you have to look at it as far as what your opportunities will be at each program

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree with everything QC said. if you dont have any aspirations of going to the next level and you just wanna kick ass then go d-2. But to be honest there is nothing wrong with sitting for that long b/c it is helpful. You just gotta think about it and how it will effect you.

IMO though, if you get a schlorship, take it!!

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, If you are around better players, you will get better faster. Provided of course that competition is something that fires you up!
    If you don't try for the big time, than how many times in your future will you say "Should've, Would've, Could've" but YOU didn't! Bummer!

Go for it brutha! Nothing to lose, everything to gain!

MJ

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Go for the D1 bro.

I had numerous offers from D2's and a couple from D1's but elected to go to the college I wanted to as a walk on.

Long story short.....I got a full ride the next year. Played for three years on a team that was ranked in the top ten. Played in two Cotton Bowls and then went on the play for the Orlando Thunder for a couple years.

If you sit back and take the easy way out in life, you will never truely know what you are capable of.

D

I dont think going d02 is really an "easy way out" its just a different route. If your goals are to just play play ball as much as possible then go play d-2. If then wanna give you schlorships to play d-1 then i dont think you can really pass that up IMO

eacman65 is offline Member
    go D1 man dont sell yourself short

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It all depends.

I have friends that we all thought they would bench in Div1A and they started as frenchmen!
    Ex: a former teamate of mine, Richard Mercier started as a Guard as a true freshman for Miami. we all thought he would bench 4 years but no.

I have multiple example.

Move and work your ass !

Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    It all depends.

I have friends that we all thought they would bench in Div1A and they started as frenchmen!
    !
    I didnt know frenchmen played football lol
    seriously though, do yourself a favor and go to a D-1 school. even if you never make it to the League, you can get yourself a degree from a top notch school. and once employers learned you played football, you will have NO problem getting a good job.. employers love hiring alma matter, especially football players!!

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    sometimes there r big time players in the NFL that went to small schools too, but ya i say D1 too

thanks guys I will probably go D-1 even if I have to walk on becuase I know I can play even if I have to move to a different position. I just had one of the biggest things affecting my decision walk out on me so I am not going to any **** school.

d-lineman is offline New Member
    All of these guys have already made very good points. Just go with your heart and do what ever is best for you.

By the way im pretty sure I can figure out what that biggest thing that was affecting your decision was. I could be wrong but if it is a female then dont let it hold you down bro. Been there done that.

PIMPOLOGY101 is offline Junior Member
    I dont care what anyone says if you have enough talent you can make it to the NFL wherever you go to college. The NFL will find you no matter what if you can actually play. Also, it doesnt matter where you get a degree from these days, but as long as you get one from a 4 year school. Also, if your thinking about not going to school for a female dont do it. THat is the worst thing you can do, plus there is so much pussy on college campuses its not even funny.

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d-lineman
    All of these guys have already made very good points. Just go with your heart and do what ever is best for you.

By the way im pretty sure I can figure out what that biggest thing that was affecting your decision was. I could be wrong but if it is a female then dont let it hold you down bro. Been there done that.

good point!!!
    don't let some hoe bring u down; your dream is far more important

P.S. i am not agaisnt women at all and i have respect for them but they can bring u down a lot of the time

2davidbostonjr1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frank_frank
    good point!!!
    don't let some hoe bring u down; your dream is far more important

P.S. i am not agaisnt women at all and i have respect for them but they can bring u down a lot of the time

yea def dont let her hold u agaist your dream went threw all that **** already its better to go with ur heart and not hers .... hoes are a dime a dozen there will be plenty more at school

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Never let pussies interfere with your football period!

Im still single !!!

LOL

IrISShEagles is offline Junior Member
    Yea man if you want to play, play....screw sitting for 3 years.. Thats not how I would want to go down.

Yah I got a new girl now hottest women in the world, so screw the old chick i just makes me realize what kinda ass is out there. I am getting lots of personal letters now and phone calls it is really exciting, I cant wait for my senior year!

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty
    Yah I got a new girl now hottest women in the world, so screw the old chick i just makes me realize what kinda ass is out there. I am getting lots of personal letters now and phone calls it is really exciting, I cant wait for my senior year!
    wait till your goin on a recruitment weekand 4 times a month. . GET CRUNKED!!!

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty
    Ok so there is this dilemma going into senior year of high school, would you go to a D-1 school and sit the bench for 3 years or go to a NAIA or D-2 school and possibly start?

Dont worry about any of that. Just go out and enjoy your senior year. After football is over you will have plenty of time to travel schools and decide whats best for you.

bigordie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    Bro, If you are around better players, you will get better faster. Provided of course that competition is something that fires you up!
    If you don't try for the big time, than how many times in your future will you say "Should've, Would've, Could've" but YOU didn't! Bummer!

Go for it brutha! Nothing to lose, everything to gain!

MJ

i think joe hit the nail on the head with this one.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally Id rather get on a D-1 school and just be special teams or sit bench. I got 3 more years left at Auburn University. Next season im walking on, i have the connection to get the go ahead for that. Whether they keep me for scout team or not is their choice. I was supposed to do it this fall, but my shoulders arent working so hot.

Bobcat50 is offline New Member
    you also need to consider money; you dont want to have to deal with paying off loans because you walked on d1 vs getting money at d2. i went through a similar situation as you, except it was d2 vs d3. i chose to go higher and worked my ass off to be better than everyone else. the choice was made alot easier, seeing as how the d3 is by far the worst team in d-lineman's conference.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eacman65
    go D1 man dont sell yourself short
    I dont agree with that, maybe he isn't good enough for D1. You need to love the game and the program to spend that much time bro. Been there done that. Do you really want to waste time on that bro. Cause it will take all your time. The rings are worth it, and the girls. D3 fu.ck that. no money. If you go NAIA, make sure it is good. If you go D1 make sure it is big time!!

ok the NAIA team is carrol college the national champs 2 years counting,

builtthekid is offline Banned

college

If i were u than i would definetly think about going to a smaller school
    u would start the first year. Depending upon how good you actually are
    but u would get more experience faster by actually being out there.
    And u could possibly transfer into a bigger school and start but thats
    all on you bro.

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    man i got a ton of offers for d2 schools and d3 and d1aa i choose a d1aa school, i was not going to be able to get a scholarship, but i would after my first year, i was basically a guarntee walk on. Well the day of two a days after doing summer wokouts with the team all summer the told me i was inelagable for the year, at that point the team and coachs said Sh1t on me cause i wasn't going to help them succed so they went on with what they had not helping me get elagable or anything. Needless to sya if i would have gone to a d2 school they would have treated me more like a person and less like a person to help make money. d1 football is a busniess not a sport.

Bobcat50 is offline New Member
    all of college football is a business. its sad but youre a piece of meat once you sign that NLI

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Ironically, I was just talking to an old friend who went the d2 route several years ago, ended up invited to 49ers camp. He said that if he had it to do over, he would go to a d1 school, just to experience the atmoshere of playing in front of 70,000 screaming fans.

Thanks for all of the advice!

Bob Balco is offline Banned
    hey man Div 2 and NAIA are not bad. If you can play you can play. Scouts and coaches at the next level are all paid big $ to find guys that can play. I dont think going to a div 1 is going to act as a smokescreen as far as judging your talent in footbal. Go look at some of the colleges NFL players attended. Lots of div2 and NAIA on rosters. Personally I would much rather sign with a school where I was going to get a solid chance to play. You can get screwed over numerous ways as far as playing time and broken promises at bigger D1 schools.

Yah I am defianantly leaning towards Carrol College NAIA champs, Just the campus is small and I really want to experience college life with lots of people. either that or some crappier schools in South dakota to be a badass there and play all 4 years

Bob Balco is offline Banned
    Ya dude small town campuses can be either real good or real bad. I think it depends on the type of person and the background they are coming from. Not all college students can adjust to small towns and everything that comes with it. The positive about being stuck on a small campus is no distractions while hitting the books and weght room to better yourself. One thing is for **** sure bro!!....DO NOT talk to people on a small town campus about steroids until you are 100% sure they are cool. Good luck with everything man.

well I come from a very small town, so it is normal for me I just want to experience lots of people. I don't need juice as of yet, and i dont think i would ask some random person for a source.

Casanova33 is offline Associate Member
    f*uck carrol college. go northwest oklahoma. they atleast send guys to the pro's (3). even if they lost the national title. im just jokin with ya.

i could of walked on to a lot of d1 schools. i could of gone to any d2 school in my area. i screwed up and took a FB and Track scholarship to an out of state college which was a really hard engineering school. i hated it and transferred to a d1 school close to where my parents live now and do track. im thinking of going out for the fb team if the coach asks me too. if i could do it again i would stay in oklahoma and walk on to OU, OSU, or Tulsa. live the dream go for d1.

Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Take the school that gives you the best offer. If you get an offer from a d1 a school take it. I passed up a scholarship offer to a d1 a school my senior year to go to a d1aa school because i thought i wouldnt get any time at the bigger school. My frosh year they dropped the football program at the end of the season. And i had to transfer to d3. if i could change things i would.

But dont get me wrong. d3 rocks!!

2004 Conference Champs. I GARAUNTEE it !!!!

Thread Information