Thread: Pool Workouts

thepremier is offline Junior Member

Pool Workouts

Has anybody done speed workouts in the pool? I hear all the time that it really makes you exposive/quick. Also if the answer is yes, what are some exercises that I would do in a pool workout?

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thepremier
    Has anybody done speed workouts in the pool? I hear all the time that it really makes you exposive/quick. Also if the answer is yes, what are some exercises that I would do in a pool workout?

Get a noodle or some kind of floatation device that you can stick between your legs to keep you afloat. Go to the deepest section in your pool, a place where you are at least a foot from touching. Start to jog slowly, eventually progressing the speed till you are running at a nice pace for about 30 minutes. Very good workout, by the time you get out of the pool your legs will be like rubber...... plus without all the wear and tear on the joints.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    or you can use weights to hold you down in neck deep water and do sprints just like you would on dry land... but do 1/3 the distance instead. Typical 6 lane pools are 45 feet across.. or 15 yards.

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Pool training is great for speed triaining. Muhammed Ali improved his hand/punching speed by pool training. Same theory applies with foot speed.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    i've done it before...i'm an assistant diving instructor part time, so i use my scuba gear. i go about 20feet down to do it, but you gotta be real careful, and know what you doing, as if you dont keep your breathing regulated, you could panic...

another bonus is i can re-forumlate the air i use to mostly oxygen,,, meaning i will work with 15x the intensity for 3xlonger durations with barely any cardiac strain!!! not good for cardio but lemme tell you, sprint for half an hour under water, then do it on land and you feel like a dodge viper!

Thread Information