scrapakilla is offline Associate Member

cycle during season

I have a question about possibly doing a cycle during the season. I was wondering if i would lose the effects of the roids from the excessive cardio. Keep in mind that i will be weight training about 2 hours before football practice intensely, and then iw ould have to go to football practice. I was jsut wondering about the dangers of this practice, and also if it would be entirely beneficial. I want to get really strong so if any of you guys think it may be a good way to hinder gains then please speak up thanks. ALso im thinking about running low dose test, or eq alone, or possibly both.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    It sounds like you are in high school because you are not worried about NCAA drug testing. In that case, you should not be thinking about or even considering steroids . You're already pumping out test by the gallon.

If you're in college, you'd be an idiot to risk failing a drug test.

qccat is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    If you're in college, you'd be an idiot to risk failing a drug test.
    then there are a TON of idiots playin college football

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    I have a question about possibly doing a cycle during the season. I was wondering if i would lose the effects of the roids from the excessive cardio. Keep in mind that i will be weight training about 2 hours before football practice intensely, and then iw ould have to go to football practice. I was jsut wondering about the dangers of this practice, and also if it would be entirely beneficial. I want to get really strong so if any of you guys think it may be a good way to hinder gains then please speak up thanks. ALso im thinking about running low dose test, or eq alone, or possibly both.
    dont bother bro. if you cants get in good mutrition in meals after lifting when you need it they dont bother. besides, i dont think ne of the bros in here do or did and all out training routine in the middle of the season. you housl only be hitting the weight 3 days MAX durring the season. you wont get the full effect so def save it

Quote Originally Posted by qccat
    I'm an idiot!

this is for dalcowbag, i am defintily gona be able to lift at elast 5 times a week because i was able to last year and my nutrition is good over 300 g of protein, do you stil think i should hold off.

naw man save it. the season is a time to focus on football, not lifting, save your strength for the feild. and for health concerns, it raises your blood pressure and a number of other things. so def save it. .DONT YOU GO DIEING ON ME NOW

bigordie is offline Member
    there is no reason why you should be training any more than 3/week during the season listen to dalcowbag. If football is whats important to you then focus your strength and energy into the sport. I take it you are in high school as well since you are not worried about NCAA testing so if you have convinced yourself that you are gonna run a cycle save it for the offseason so you can lift 5/week and get the proper nutrition. good luck this season bro.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    It sounds like you are in high school because you are not worried about NCAA drug testing. In that case, you should not be thinking about or even considering steroids.
    also a very solid point

thanks guys, so you are saying that it is not wise to lift more then 3 times a week during season

Quote Originally Posted by qccat

What I mean is... You'd be an idiot to cycle during season. Most of the guys I played with in college just ran PROP cycles during the winter so they were clear for Spring ball and august camp.

yeah season is strictly maintenance....thats all you want in the season or you could risk injury. Ecoast....i see what ya mean man

thanks guys, so you are saying that it is not wise to lift more then 3 times a week during season
    3 is still a lot but you should be fine. my team and i know alot of other ncaa teams will only lift twice the week of a game

my team goes 3/week and i think thats pushing it, how hard is it to practice after a leg session????

Quote Originally Posted by bigordie
    my team goes 3/week and i think thats pushing it, how hard is it to practice after a leg session????
    oh dear god dont make me think about that now. squats, then an hour or 2 later conditioning and being down in your stance.

I would rather be beaten with a stick

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    I ran a ph cycle, which hardly compares to tha real shznit, but i did it stricly for its anti-catabolic effects. Instead of going through that expected stage of muscle and strength loss, i actually got bigger and stronger and maintained everything.

eacman65 is offline Member
    save it, there are way to many health risks involved i had a friend who was doing it during season and he had to quit because he was cramping real ba and had a hard time running

so since i can only work out 3 times a week max, and am gonna be doing excessive cardio do you think i should lift as if i was in a cutting faze. For example light weight high reps but intense. Would this have any benefit do getting more ripped. Cause i am bulking right now and once season starts it wil be ahrd to maintain my current bulk build but i would love to ge more ripped, do any of you see this as a good idea if i keep the diet good

I think you should lift for speed and power. . .a westside method

what excercises compliment speed and power, like cleans and benching

what excercises compliment speed and power, like cleans and benching
    power cleans, speed bench, speed squat, box squat, things of that nature. i have a 4 day program i can you post if ne of you guys want it, and you can fidle with it to make it work for 3 or 2 days if ya want

I would not mind looking at it.

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    power cleans, speed bench, speed squat, box squat, things of that nature. i have a 4 day program i can you post if ne of you guys want it, and you can fidle with it to make it work for 3 or 2 days if ya want
    Hook us up Dalcow

Phatmax53 is offline Junior Member
    ill be coming off cycle and in PCT during camp... i thought about doin a small cycle of something towards the middle of the season to keep my strenth...

i just got worried that i would loose strength during the season...im sure im not the only one thats had that worry b4....

so i guess all of u are against cycleing during season...
    so what do u use to keep the strenght up and goin up?

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmax53
    ill be coming off cycle and in PCT during camp... i thought about doin a small cycle of something towards the middle of the season to keep my strenth...

i just got worried that i would loose strength during the season...im sure im not the only one thats had that worry b4....

so i guess all of u are against cycleing during season...
    so what do u use to keep the strenght up and goin up?
    my strength has never and will never go up during a season. I'm happy if I only lose 20 or so pounds per lift, to me that is pretty good maintenance considering the punishment our bodies are going through. During football strength is important therefore you just want to maintain, because your body cannot take intense weight workouts. You may be ok for awhile but eventually you'll get injured. I do some supplemental work almost everyday after practice because we can only lift a couple times a week due to hour restrictions.

eacman65 is offline Member
    true true its hard to maintain during season

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    SUSPENSION IS THE KEY!!!!!!!!!!!
    yoohoooooooooo

Badgerman is offline Banned
    How about a low dose of oxandrolone for maintenance and recovery?

Kingnut is offline Junior Member
    I am going to disagree with alot of people on this thread... take a look at his goals- he wants strength not size. This can be accomplished during the season. Perhaps he wont make jaw dropping gains but he'll at very least hold on to everything he has now. On top of that he'll be recovering faster than the competition, his agression will stay elevated, and his speed and sport specific explosiveness will improve hands down! Also look at what he is planning on taking- a small dosage test or EQ. This isnt gonna give him rediculous pumps or crush his cardio. Furthermore, there are many ways to beat NCAA testing, and I can speak from personal experience when I say that small dosage cycles during season are beneficial.

My Routine

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrit55
    Hook us up Dalcow
    I do this mon, tues, thurs, fri. in the summer getting ready for the season and do agilities on "off" days, but right after the season when i go for pure strength i go one day on one day off.

Day 1
    Speed Bench 8x3
    skull crushers 5x5
    shoulder Press 4x15
    curls 3x8
    DB rows 4X15

Day 2
    Box Squat, 3x3
    Hypers 4x20
    calfs 4x20
    Staight Legged Deadlift 3x10
    abs

Day 3
    HEavy Bench 3x3
    close grip 5x5
    shoulder press 3x8
    lat pull downs 4x8-10
    hammer curls 3x8

Day 4
    speed squat 10x2
    Hypers 4x10
    Good Morning 3x10
    calfs 4x10
    Power Cleans 3X5
    abs

DCB

builtthekid is offline Banned

Thats way to much

Yeah man thats way to much lifting for during the
    season bro your gonna wear yourself out. During the
    season i lift 3 days a week and get pretty good results.
    And yeah there are alot of players on in college.
    There are ways to pass a steroid test man but they
    hurt like hell.

boistheman is offline Associate Member
    yo dalcow I see in ur workouts that u have no olympic style lifts u do have powercleans up there but u only do that once a week. at my school we do the everytime were in the weightroom either snatches, power cleans, clean and jerk, reg. cleans, hang cleans stuff like that. Not trying to say those r the only lifts that help I just kno my school and alot of other ones stick w/ olympic lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by boistheman
    yo dalcow I see in ur workouts that u have no olympic style lifts u do have powercleans up there but u only do that once a week. at my school we do the everytime were in the weightroom either snatches, power cleans, clean and jerk, reg. cleans, hang cleans stuff like that. Not trying to say those r the only lifts that help I just kno my school and alot of other ones stick w/ olympic lifts.
    we do similar as you, but as with dcb, we only clean heavy once per week. We stay used to the movement w/ hang cleans and snatches as you've mentioned first thing upon entering the weight room no matter what we are training that day.

Thread Information