Quake is offline Member

The season starts in a month or two

I play rugby each year, and this season I am thinking of doing a cycle during the season, I have never done this before and am hoping to increase my fitness as well as my strength. I will be lifting at the same time. My question is what cycle would you suggest to get good gains in fitness?

age - 27
    height - 6ft 4in
    weight - 260 lbs
    bf% - high, but coming down well
    diet - is good egg whites, chicken, steak, rice, turkey, pasta etc. With one cheat day a week.
    supps - all the good things vit c, B 12, protein powders (whey), etc.
    cycle experience - this will be my 6th cycle, but my 2nd in about 5 years.

need any more info just ask.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    hey Quake, for fitness, hmm thats a hard one, maybe just prop (less water retention) good for sport id imagine

and itd help with strength

although, deca cant be too bad for athletes, isn t that what all these athletes are always caught using?

Quake is offline Member
    True, Greg Rusedski was accused of Nandrolne wasn't he?

Just remembered.

By prop you mean Test propionate ? Isn't that one of the ED/EOD steroids ?
    If so, I'd better start saving!

Quake is offline Member
    Bump

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quake
    Bump
    dunno about u mate, but I play basketball and am intending to run anavar alone for the duration of the season. I would imagine it would also be good for rugger cos of increased strength...

Quake is offline Member
    For my next cycle I'm thinking of following a theory by Paul Borreson regarding doing several AS at a moderate amount. The reason for this is explained in the link below -

http://www.fizogen.com/questions.php

At the moment I think I'm going to do D-Bol, Deca , Sust, Cyp, and Prop (Prop as suggested above in a post by Map, I was going to do Enanth but like the idea of less water retention) all at moderate doses. Obviously running prop EOD anyway means I don't have to do sust EOD, so my cycle will look something like this -

Deca - 200 mg EW
    Sust - 250 mg EW
    Cyp - 200 mg EW
    Prop - 50 mg EOD
    D-Bol - 25/30 mg ED

At the moment I'm thinking of running a short cycle somewhere between 4 - 8 weeks just to see the effects on my fitness. If I experience any problems I will cut the cycle short.

Proper pct will obviously follow.

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    that is during the season??

Quake is offline Member
    Yes, do you think it's too much, as I've never done juice for fitness before

rugger2 is offline New Member
    Quake you play college ball?

Quake is offline Member
    No, club rugby. What about you? How long you been playing?

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm assuming your a prop

don't take any steroid which might cut water-retention, i'd suggest you throw deca in
    for sure

with your size, i'd say deca, and a whole lot of cardio and you'd be unstoppable

do you play the whole game/half or quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by Quake
    No, club rugby. What about you? How long you been playing?
    I Play college ball In LA i just finshed my first season last semester
    Last edited by rugger2; 07-17-2004 at 10:34 AM.

Quake is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    i'm assuming your a prop

don't take any steroid which might cut water-retention, i'd suggest you throw deca in
    for sure

with your size, i'd say deca, and a whole lot of cardio and you'd be unstoppable

do you play the whole game/half or quarter?
    nope, I'm second row. Already including Deca. And I'm already doing my fair share of cardio, to do anymore would possibly be over-training as I'm also lifting too obviously.

Why should I not be interested in less water retention?

I play the full game usually, occasionaly half a game, (like maybe 2 or 3 times last season I played half a game).

Quake is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rugger2
    I Play college ball In LA i just finshed my first season last semester
    did you enjoy your first season? Do you like the sport?

What position do you play?

love the sport. i'm a hooker. nothing beats front row.

im thinking for running this cycle any suggestions?

test-e 1000mg wk1-3 500mg wk 4-12
    deca 400mg/w 1-10
    wiht proviron (if needed)

PCT
    proviron (if needed)
    Clomid 300mg day 1 100mg day 2-6 50mg day 7-11

Quake is offline Member
    I don't envy you being in the front row, it's a lot more comfortable in the second row, and less stressful on the back!

How many cycles have you done? How long have you been training for? How old are you?

You'll definitely need nolvadex with that amount of test. 20 - 40 mg ED. Maybe 40 when at 1000mg of test, then drop it down to 20 when on 500mg of test.

I forgot to mention that I'll be taking it ED in my cycle post above.

I don't know much about steroids , but I know test enanth comes highly recommended.

done one cycle 2 years ago of only deca im 19 i've been traing 5 years, played high school football, wrestled and so on

Quake is offline Member
    The recommended thing to do at your age is to see your natural boosts out first, as you are still growing you are still getting plenty of natural test and GH and anything and everything else that your body uses to grow. Maybe you should look at natural testo boosters if you really want to do something, these are likely to be less/not harmful to you for the time when your natural levels come to rest. Go for supplements that will make your body more efficient without stopping any of your natural processes. I've recently started supplementing myself with regular doses of all the elctrolytes and am feeling full of energy. Whereas I was having at least 8 hours of sleep a night, since I've started the electrolytes I'm having about 4 to 6 hours a night and feeling chirpy all day, not at all tired. I also started Iron, Vit C, and B12, all these contribute to oxygen efficiency in your blood and so, for the port we do, are what you might consider to be essential supplements for optimum performance.

Buy yourself a book on Vitamins, minerals and supplements and read up, or do a search on the web and see what info you can find, there is a supplements forum here on AR with good info. You won't regret doing it!

Thanks

Justoid is offline Associate Member
    I play pro rugby in the uk and am currently doing pre season training, started on test e 2 weeks ago for a 10 week course at 500 a week. Rugby training 4 times a week- all cardio, endurance, sprint resistance- weights 3 times a week. Am noticing my fitness levels are good but with the extra weight and water i am carrying my sprint times are a bit low.
    Height- 6'6
    weight 118kgs
    Age 22
    No.8

Quake is offline Member
    Justoid - sorry it's taken me so long to reply haven't been surfing the forum a great deal, and when I have it's only been for short periods of time. My first game is on Saturday, and I am looking forward to it! I am not on cycle, and have thought about going on cycle and decided that I might leave it after all for this season and stick with natural supplements. Since we started pre-season training my fitness has improved but I am still nowhere near what I would like to be. Fitness exercise on the field is a lot harder than in the gym! In the gym I can go for an hour almost non stop, only stopping to change exercise, i.e. 20 minutes on the bikes at varying levels of resistance, 20 mins on the rowing machine at highest level of resistance and 20 mins on the cross country machine at medium to high level of resistance, but on the field I'm shattered in about 10 - 20 mins. I need to do more work on the field!

Hope your cycle has gone well so far! and good luck for the season!

rugbyking is offline Associate Member
    sup fellow ruggers!!! i just finished up my season last week for my 3rd year. I play flanker, 8man, and lock. I am currently running a cycle and have all through my season of prop/fina and let me tell you it was ridiculous. My strength was unbeliveable. I would run through ppl like there was no opposition. I felt like i could do the 2nd row by myself. You wont gain a ton of water weight with this cycle but you will get solid,lean, keepable gains. I would recomend ED injections though. I have 6 weeks left and im up 15 lbs so ill see what happens. btw im 6'0" 220.

Try Masteron and test Prop.
    (I played D1 in New Zealand, if anyone's interested)

hawkeye1877 is offline Associate Member
    i always do a Test E, and EQ late fall then again after the season. I would recomend staying off it during the season if you plan on drinking. At least in all the team's i've been associated with drinking is a big part, its real tough on your liver to drink while your juicing. But it does make a world of diffrence in your play when you got that extra power behind ya.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye1877
    i always do a Test E, and EQ late fall then again after the season. I would recomend staying off it during the season if you plan on drinking. At least in all the team's i've been associated with drinking is a big part, its real tough on your liver to drink while your juicing. But it does make a world of diffrence in your play when you got that extra power behind ya.

This is true, We had keg parties after every game, as I am sure most teams do. If you really wanted to do a cycle during hte season, I would just keep it simple, like test and some deca , you could do test cyp or enth, and deca nad wouldnt have to inject that frequently. Just an idea

I also played 2nd row
    Alex

Thread Information