Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I-WISH-A-MF-WOULD is offline Associate Member

What's the fastest 40 you've ever seen

4.12 some freshman at Florida university.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I used to run a 4.4/4.5, but a 4.12 is OFF THE CHAIN FAST!!!!!!

~SC~

colossus1 is offline Member
    whats the record?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    you mean personally seen or just heard about? the fastest I've actually witnessed is 4.3 by a running back in high school.

skribbble is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I used to run a 4.4/4.5, but a 4.12 is OFF THE CHAIN FAST!!!!!!

~SC~
    Swole what position did you play?

back on topic - fastest time ive seen was a 4.38 by myself

Nope seen it live to bad the kid blew his knee out it practice and never made a impact on the team. That time was in the late 90's I figured a freak like Randy Moss may have come around and ran like a 4.05 in pads. But 4.3 is still in a elite league.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    randy moss isnt capable of 4.05..not one man in the NFL is capable of that lol..that may have been a 4.12 hand timed, most definitely not electronic. elite sprinters w/ the best starts can MAYBE run a 4.0-4.1 NFL 40 electronic. ive run 4.1h and 4.32e. u cant put alot of stock into 40s alot of times...its alot of hearsay unless its electronic indoors or electronic with a wind gauge outdoors.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    fastest 40 i've seen is 4.29 hand time by one of my buddies..myself i ran a 4.42 last year.

I know he's not that fast the point is that he's gifted and still pretty darn fast.

i saw a hs kid run a 4.2...handtimed on a track...

40 times are the most overrated way on earth to tell someone's speed. Everyone on earth can run a legit 4.4..When you see someone run a 4.2 in an nfl combine let me know....

here ya go, all of you read this.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...1s18forty.html

StayJuicen34 is offline Associate Member
    I esonally run a 4.3 and know that it's not all about 40 time. If you think you can run a fast 40 try this and see how fast you really are. Run 16 40's in 4 sets or 4 30 seconds in between reps and 2 mins inbetween sets take al the time and get the average speed and that is what really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by TestTubeBaby
    I read the same article last week...Very good read,and very very true.

IF you wanna see the difference in what a 40 time on the field does and what actually matters...Watch Ted Ginn run..

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I had no idea that it was timed so vaguely and I had never thought to compare the 40 time to a sprinters time...those 40 numbers are way off...technically you could run the 40 every week for 2 months and you would see results all over the place with that type of timing method...

BISON68 is offline Junior Member
    Deion Sanders has the combine record of 4.17, may have been broken sometime....but i know that stood for a whileif it still does i dont know? THATS FLYIN'.....

ben could have run a 3.9-4.0 NFL style 40...nasty

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by StayJuicen34
    I esonally run a 4.3 and know that it's not all about 40 time. If you think you can run a fast 40 try this and see how fast you really are. Run 16 40's in 4 sets or 4 30 seconds in between reps and 2 mins inbetween sets take al the time and get the average speed and that is what really matters.

NO! thats just DUMB! ...man that's dumb LOL..but in retrospect..the whole post might have been facetious! so carry on!

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Joey Galloway ran a 4.21 in the combines when he entered the NFL... at the time, he was the fastest player in the NFL.

He can still fly.

I've ran a 4.42. Fastest I ever seen is a guy I played with at college. He ran consistantly low 4.3... very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    IF you wanna see the difference in what a 40 time on the field does and what actually matters...Watch Ted Ginn run..
    he runs a high 4.4 low 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by BISON68
    Deion Sanders has the combine record of 4.17, may have been broken sometime....but i know that stood for a whileif it still does i dont know? THATS FLYIN'.....
    didnt donte hall run a 4.16 ? and tim dwight a 4.18 ? correct me if im wrong

Quote Originally Posted by skribbble

My exact point....And when he gets across field people look like they are standing still...There's a huge difference between a 40 time and the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    My exact point....And when he gets across field people look like they are standing still...There's a huge difference between a 40 time and the actual game.
    Everyone gets to their top speed and then decelerates. The reason ginn is so fast is because he decelerates the slowest. He can hold top speed, or close to his top speed longer then anyone ive ever seen run. Sure it takes him longer to get to 40 yards, but when he gets to his top speed he stays there. Over the summer Ginn was doing a speed session with a few pro athletes like Nate Clements who i believes runs a 4.3 something nfl combine style 40 (and ginn runs a high 4.4). Anyways Ginn was getting beat in the 40s they ran, the 100s they ran. But when it came to the 200, ginn was winning every 200 by 50 yards. Yes 50 yards... They were also running with Tony Fisher and a few other pro athletes. I guess he has good endurance but if he had good endurance wouldnt that mean he has more slow twitch muscles?

Quote Originally Posted by StayJuicen34
    ya maybe that matters if your a marathon runner and what a endurance, but if your a sprinter that is retarded.

StayJuicen34 is offline Associate Member
    No I'm a sprinter and that shows not just how fast you can run consistentally but how long you can stay at that speed for, cuz anyone with talent can run a 4.2-4.3 but what couchs look are are how consistintally they can keep that speed.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skribbble

where did you get that?

He was in the semis of the olympic trials. He's super fast... faster than that.

JayP40 is offline Junior Member
    i ran a 4.4/4.5 a few years back. I heard that kevin levrone ran under a 4.3. I grew up about 15 miles from randy moss. seen him run 4.2/4.3 in high school. that cat could straight fly

i would just hate to see someone as big as levrone running at you under 4.3 seconds

LOL, levrone was talking SO MUCH SH!T! levrone could prob barely break 5 sec over 40 yd! he said he could beat any of the fastest sprinters in the world. they had him race dwain chambers in his offseason over 60m...kevin got RAPED..and dwain is a big dude..6ft 215lbs..he could prob run a 4.1 NFL style 40. and the reason tedd ginn doesnt run a fast 40 is because he wasnt a 100m flat guy EVER! he was 110 hurdles guy with some running skills (200, 400). he has the speed, it just takes him awhile to get there. long jumpers and 110 hurdles guys usually cant cook a 100, let alone a 40, but can BURN a 200. has to do something with the rhythm/coordination it takes to hurdle/run-jump and running a turn etc...

PS: goodtobeapimp is right in the fact that if u wanna watch a fball player run, a good guy to watch is ted ginn...his form is pretty sound.
    Last edited by TestTubeBaby; 04-26-2005 at 08:02 PM.

my sister was a sprinter and she says the same thing testtubebaby. she says it is the style of running people adapt to as far as the difference between the 100 and 200. With the 200 you have a curve that you can actually build speed in. with the 100 its just a straight shot.

I was just wondering about the big hype with levrone. kinda thought it might be bs

the curve actually slows one down, some are better (their running style is better suited to running a curve) which gives them the ability to fight the curve less than others, which leaves them reserve to finish the race a lil better

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    where did you get that?

He was in the semis of the olympic trials. He's super fast... faster than that.
    We get trained by the same person

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    the curve does slow people down, but people know how to use it as a sling shot to give you some momentum going onto the straight... the fastest 40 ive seen was a 4.34, my best was a 4.43, but i was also running 10.7s in the 100m at the time.

i always thought that was cute..sling shot effect.. ur body fights the curve whether u like it or not..the fastest way to get somewhere is in a straight line, point A to point B and when ur running full speed and ur body must compensate, changing directions (slightly)etc.u slow down a bit..as ur coming off the curve onto the straight,theres reacceleration bc u slowed down a bit, if timed right, makes it look like a sling shot effect..sling shot effect is a myth/illusion.

Kind of off topic.... did you all hear that clarett ran a 4.9 at the combines!

LOL no, but thats hilarious...i wonder why he'd go into a combine knowing GOOD AND WELL he aint in shape! 4.9 is totally ridiculous..i know uncoordinated geeks who could dip under 5!

Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    Kind of off topic.... did you all hear that clarett ran a 4.9 at the combines!
    No, he ran a high 4.6. The day of the combine he claimed to be over trained and ran a 4.7 and 4.8. They let him run again a few weeks later and he puleld a high 4.6. I believe he wasnt out of shape just overtrained. LAst year he was 18% body fat and he ran what a low 4.60? This year he was 12% bodyfat and much stronger so i believe he really did overtrain.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    saw this black guy being chased by a cop if it was broken down into a 40 i bet he was doing like a 3.8

Quote Originally Posted by diezell
    saw this black guy being chased by a cop if it was broken down into a 40 i bet he was doing like a 3.8
    hahahhhahahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information