Galoot67 is offline Junior Member

what was your bball injuries?

I was playing in this game in high school i was comming down the court 2 on 1 fast break. The ball was dished to me i went up to dunk but this fat fukc just stood there and undercut me. I went over him like a windmill. Keep in mind im 6'7. I windmilled over him going straight down to the floor head first. Yes folks the flash of light was bright. I was out cold. My teamates said that you could hear a pin drop in the crowd of a 1000. Everyone thought that my neck was broken. It wasnt though. Well the good thing is i made the basket. lol
    Another quick story, ever been kicked in the shin? Hurts right? I was in a soccer game and was kicked and it broke in half. Worst pain i ever felt in my life.
    Just wondering what some of your most interesting basketball injuries or any sports related for that matter.

Bob Balco is offline Banned
    I had a injury playing pick up ball that was like being struck my lightening twice. I was going up to contest a shot and came down on my ancle and fell to the floor. As I was falling to the floor in pain i landed on my hand. I had a severe ancle sprain and a broken hand! Man that just friggin KILLED my training. The only positive thing was that I wasnt on a cycle at the time. That would be the worst to have that happen mid way through a cycle.

cb25 is offline Banned
    I don't have anything too exciting...but here's what i've done.

I was playing pickup ball one Saturday. I was cutting through the lane and I planted and went to cut the other direction. However, the guy guarding me had stepped on my foot. I changed directions, my lower leg did not...result: torn ACL, torn meniscus, torn vastus medialis (the teardrop muscle of your quads).

My only other one, I went up to block a shot, sent it about 10 feet into the fence. When I came down, I landed directly on this kid's foot...my ankle (which i've never injured before and has always been strong) rolled and popped immediately. Within a minute it was the size of a softball and growing. Diagnosis was a severe high ankle sprain - basically i tore all the ligaments on the lateral side of my right ankle and the syndesmosis that connects the two bones of the lower leg started to tear upwards. They talked about putting a screw in my ankle, but apparently the bones held together well enough that it wasn't necessary.

Both of those, and I've never had surgery...the knee is fully recovered and the ankle is still a work in progress (i tore it last Xmas eve).

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    We play here at work and last fall I went strong to the hoop to NOT dunk the ball it was basically I jumped under the net for a reverse layup and came down half on the curb...well, it still F*N hurts! I have to wrap it when I play hockey.

The worst would be when I was in the military we had teams and this one guy would get on his hands and knees me and my bro would jump and dunk. WEll, being that we were in guam with 200% humidity, and I would do the "Barkley" hang on the rim after I dunked. Well I slipped after I had swung then pulled my self up, head above the rim and my legs went under and I slipped and landed head 1st....well, when I came out of the fog 1 hour later lets just say I had a head ache!

SID

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    groin pull is one of those horrible nagging injuries.. happened to me a long time ago

clampitt is offline Junior Member
    my worst injury was when i was a member of church league basketball down at the CYO. I went up for a shot against this 7'0 kid and his dick smacked me in my face, and left this hellaciously bruise. For the next 2 weeks, everyone called me "dick bruise face".

Homer 8 is offline Associate Member
    mainly ankle injurys but my knee is totall f/cked cant jump at all aint no more dunking but the worst ive seen is my friend has got some serious hops and on a fast break in a game he went to put the ball through his legs and dunk it except this lil sh*t of a gaurd who we hate came up and pushed him my friend split his head off the backboard and came dowm and broke his wrist, this only caused a full scale riot which was the best craic i ever had

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

well here we go..

highschool basketball: dislocated knee cap, 15 broken fingers(really) thumb is the bitch, sprained ankles, sprained wrists, broken nose in a game fight,concussion, pulled groin, and the mother of all.....the fracture of the L-4!!yeah nice.

college basketball: two broken ankles(same left one), stitches in temple after coming off a screen. two concussions.four fake teeth after two incidents with cheap shot screens and my idiot teammate letting me get blindsided(new ones are nice a shiny though!!)

i'm 29 now and i swear to god my body feels like i'm 78 some days. i ache all winter from all of this ****. best days of my life , but i'm gonna pay for all this **** even more as i get older.

Harvey Balboner is offline Retired Moderator
    too many to list, but the worst was....

in a scrimage summer before my junior year. a guy starts to drive, I let him go around me on purpose because I know he releases his layup funny, so I'm going to swat it.

he goes up, I jump to block it, and pin the shot against the backboard, palm it and pull it down, in a split second i see this little kid that was on the jv right under me, so i try to twist in air to keep from landing on him, i come down hard on his foot, twist my ankle & leg and hear a pop.

it hurts big time, so i take a seat. i think at this point i just sprained my ankle, so a few minutes later i take my shoe off, and with in seconds my ankle swells up to about 18 inches in diamater, and i can't even walk. now the pain is getting unreal. so a couple of guys carry me out of the gym, and take me home, and my parents end up carrying me to the ER. well come to find out, in one swipe, i ripped all the muscle away from the bone in my ankle, hairline fracture, and tore my acl.

I was done for the season, maybe for good according to the doc. anyway this was my team, i was supposed to be the man, so i worked and worked, came back at the end of the season, but wasn't the same. looking back, i wish i had just sat that year out, and healed properly. never got the same speed and hops back after that.

spoonta66 is offline Associate Member
    Going up for a tip in dunk in an A Grade domestic comp. match and landed with both feet together on the top of someones foot. Rolled both ankles outwards breaking them both and all ligiments were damaged or torn from the bone. 2.5 years no b-ball and no dunking abalities anymore. they still get sore walking sometimes. i miss the hops sooooo bad!
    Last edited by spoonta66; 09-20-2004 at 01:23 AM.

Rod Farva is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Galoot67
    I was playing in this game in high school i was comming down the court 2 on 1 fast break. The ball was dished to me i went up to dunk but this fat fukc just stood there and undercut me.
    How did he undercut you if he stood there and you jumped on top of him?

DJFactor is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Farva
    How did he undercut you if he stood there and you jumped on top of him?
    i'm gonna go out on a limb and say--being 6'7" and jumping up to dunk, the fat dude was probably alot shorter, therefore his legs got caught on the fat dude and he flipped head over heels. never been undercut? its the WORST. we snuff people that play that ish in my hood. hah!

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    i got jumpers knee sucked bc my vertical was getting to 37 inches and could almost put my head on the rim, i could hit it on the backboard

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    I had a ligament torn in my left ankle, spent 2 months rehabbing, come back, that same day right one gets torn,,, bad luck more than anything

STAYHUNGRY is offline Associate Member
    I have a 40 inch vertical and when I go up to dunk I'm pretty high in the air. Unfortunately, when you play certain pickup games there's always some dumb **** that undercuts you. For those that don't know what that means, it means that while you are in the air, some idiot runs underneath you and you fall hard. I broke my wrist one time flying over some dude and trying to brace my fall. Another time some jerk ran under me and I landed on his foot, severely spraining my ankle. The dude's in my gym always ask why I won't dunk in games anymore because I used to do it all the time. I want to, but I tell them it's just too dangerous as some fool, non-athletic dude always comes under and tries to hurt you. For me I just lay it up now and watch myself. I can't deal with the training layoffs from injuries anymore.

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    i hate injuries

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    driving in the lane, went up for a layup, my knee almost snapped in half, felt like i broke my entire leg, but i wasnt lucky, i tore my ACL and had cartiliage damage, been almost two years since surgey, rehabing for second time, feels OK FINALLY, only time will tell when i try to play again, woudlnt wish this on my worst enemy, no joke went through a slight depression i think

keithquig is offline Associate Member
    i quit playing ball bc of all the Mfers that do stupid sh*t like undercut....ive had my whole knee blown out my lower leg was just hanging there the doc said he could have rotated my lower leg 360 degrees and that was when i was 15 played till i was 20 countless injuries mostly with ankles...so i changed my game to bodybuilding now i stand at 6'6 280lbs i figure id rather injure myself rather than some dumbsh*t doing it to me.

Thread Information