nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member

Strength Coaches

Anyone have a certain strength coach you like? I have read articles about charles poliquin and paul chek. they both have good info. In my school they just started an athletic training major, and to intern with charles poliquin you have to pay $3,500.00 for one week!!!!!!!

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I tend to buy most of the stuff from the guys in the sports specific Q&A at elitefts.com, but it aso depends on what sport you're training for to some extent, the framework will be pretty similar regardless.

yea i think you recommended me to that site before, im going to check it out after work

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    yea i think you recommended me to that site before, im going to check it out after work
    Ya, I've recommended it quite a few times. Part of the reason is because there's so much info on there, once you get past that hurdle of finding the treasure, its alot easier. Its just really hard to find good info, and many strength training coaches are very reluctant to give up any of their stuff.

rarely any of them... are there any special places on that site to find the info or you just have to go through it all

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    rarely any of them... are there any special places on that site to find the info or you just have to go through it all
    If you're not familiar with WSB, then I would start with this article

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....le=body_133per

The rest of the articles are mainly more specific to the system. If you're looking for sports specific training info, then you have to read the sports specific q&a and the training journals. There's quite a bit of info in the q&a, and you can get a taste of what they do from that, but you kinda have to buy the books/videos to really get a clear view, so the q&a is kinda like a teaser in some ways which is helpful but also a lil bit frustrating, the videos and books are very helpful i just wish they didn't charge an arm and a leg, but at least its good info.

everything that has to go with our sport is always an arm and a leg

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I would not enter such an industry without a degree (preferably a MS or even PhD as its industry norm) and I would definitely shell out the money to intern with someone like Poilquin. But when you intern with someone of that calibre you need to have an extensive background to really get your moneys worth. Like rolling with a Royce Gracie when your a white belt, it would be a neat experiece to tell people about but you would retain sweet FA from the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    I would not enter such an industry without a degree (preferably a MS or even PhD as its industry norm) and I would definitely shell out the money to intern with someone like Poilquin.
    Unfortunately, this is probably very true, but no more valid than a PT who says he knows what he's doing because he has his certificate. Tough industry because a lot of times it comes down to who you know, there's no other reason that can explain why there are HIT S&C coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    But when you intern with someone of that calibre you need to have an extensive background to really get your moneys worth. Like rolling with a Royce Gracie when your a white belt, it would be a neat experiece to tell people about but you would retain sweet FA from the experience.
    Definitely agree, if you get the experience to do so. I would have every PLing system you can find under your belt as most sport specific training has a PLing system at the core.

he is pretty huge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strength Coaches-coach-charles-poliquin.gif  

dans is offline Junior Member
    It is all about knowledge, not size of the strength coach.

Thread Information