No Brit's in any sprint final!!

What the deal? nobody from united kingdom in the 100m 200m or 400m finals for men??? that sucks! i knew they were bad this year.
    Big up to the USA, and for my West Indies Representin as well!

Christian Malcolm and Darren Campbell both went out of the men's 200m semi-finals in disappointing fashion.

Malcolm came home seventh in his semi in 20.77 seconds, way outside his best, while Campbell trailed in eighth and last in the first semi.

Shawn Crawford and 100m champion Justin Gatlin went through easily while Francis Obikwelu of Portugal also looked in excellent shape.

Frankie Fredericks made the final in what is his last international meet.

Malcolm, who was hospitalised with kidney problems a fortnight ago, was less than happy with his run.

"I've been feeling run down but I can't make excuses - I didn't make it and that's it," he said.

"I was lucky to be here. Two weeks ago they didn't think I'd run again this season.

"Anyone who knows me knows that wasn't me out there."

Campbell, Olympic silver medallist four years ago, was bitterly disappointed bot to make the final.

He said: "Before I flew from Cyprus, in my last run in my last training session, I tore my hamstring.

"The bottom line is I'm hurt. There's a fine line between success and failure, and maybe I pushed it too far.

"I've always known it would be difficult, but I don't know how to give up, and there was no way I was going to be stretchered off the track.

"I've had 12 hours of treatment every day. Lane one didn't help. I just couldn't get any luck.

"I wanted to retire and win gold here, but I'll have to keep going for four more years now."

Britain's other hope, Chris Lambert, pulled out of his first round heat with injury.

excuses excuses excuses! we dont wanna hear that crap!!

Thread Information