Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 65
  1. #1
    BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    79

    What do you think, post your stats

    Hey everyone. I'm gonna be playing for a semi-pro team next spring. My position will be some kind of runningback, hopefully a fullback. Anyway, right now I am cutting at 218lbs. I am going to get down to around 197. I want to do one more bulking cycle and get up to around 235. I want to stay that way for about 6 weeks to work on speed and agility, then cut to about 220, so my body will be used to carrying all that weight, and essentially I will be faster at 220. Anyway, I was thinking about taking some d-bol for 6 weeks and clomid from weeks 6-9. I might add in some stanozol. I only want to take orals, because honestly, Im scared of needles.Well, what do you guys think?

    Also, I've never played a runningback position before. Last year, one of my freinds who plays at a 1-AA school said I should walk on, and would be a "natural" runningback, after he saw me playing rugby with one of the top schools in the nation. I did play football in highschool, but at an "obese" 285.
    So, that is why I want to play for this semi-pro team to get some experience under my bealt. I will also be training with a highschool All-American from 3 years ago. Also please post your stats, so I can see where I compare. The person who I am training with said that stats dont matter, what matters is your ability to play. Here are my stats:
    BENCH PRESS:320, 225x15
    SQUAT:435, 315x23
    POWER CLEAN:255
    LEG PRESS:1120
    40:low 4.8 (last time was in the spring)

  2. #2
    Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Land of the Ice and Snow
    Posts
    88
    OK fella. First of all your "friend" probably doesnt know much about playing college football, and he must not be very smart. I cannot find it very wise to say someone would be a "natural" running back going into a d 1 aa school. I can say that I played rugby for 6 years, along side with football, and i currently play football in college, along with a year of college rugby, at a highly ranked institution. Rugby is a totally different animal from football, you are not hit as hard, you are not hit the same way, and the guys you are being hit by are not as big.
    Also considering you have never played running back before, I would find it impossible to say you could succeed in college, not to mention a 1 aa school. It just doenst add up. You may be a talented athlete, but rugby, or glorified soccer as i call it can never be compared to football.

    Also, Once you play football at the semi pro level, you are no longer an amateur and cannot play for the ncaa. So scratch that plan bucko.

    Good Luck

  3. #3
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    197lb FullBack. i think this whole thread is a joke

    dcb

  4. #4
    SickNasty's Avatar
    SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    167
    fullbacks are very large im gonna go with at least 235 to 240, guess again

  5. #5
    qccat's Avatar
    qccat is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    342
    right on dudex. all sounds weird to me. If you want to play and think youll be a natural, go walk on somewhere. The way this thread started out saying that you are "going to be playing semi-pro" totally threw this off in the wrong direction. Youve never played, never cycled roids and basically dont have much of a clue but that is ok. You need to learn about roids if you want to take them and most importantly, do not assume semi-pro ball is something that will be given to you! those guys are just a hair under guys in the NFL so if you have never played ball dont assume to ball out in semi pros. Get your training in gear, follow your goals and come up with a better plan to get back into the game if you so desire.

  6. #6
    BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    79
    first of all, you still have eligibility.I am paying to play, not being payed to play
    Second of all, Im getting down to 197 to be extremely lean,then adding quality mass. I live in a big ten town, all of the fullbacks that go to the school are between 215 and 240. Look at every major school or even bad schools, yes some fullbacks are 240-280, but not the average fullback. And I know how to hit, in highschool, as a matter of fact, I sacked James Banks(former all-american highschool QB, now WR and backup QB for tennessee) twice, and Clayton Richards(second string QB for Michigan now, and former highschool all-american) 1.5 times. So I do have athleticisim, and football experience, just not at runningback. And Im just not blessed with genes that everyone else is, I do cardio 6 times per week, speed drills 2 times per week, and lift/plyo 4 times per week so I do bust my arse. I just need a better physique, and no matter the diet, results suck. And my friend who was a student sports all-american in highschool did not advise me to do roids, hes just helping me learn the runningback position. Im doin em on my own. I thought this was a support forum. I just wantd support and advice, not criticism. Im gonna already have enough goin against me, so if you wanna comment and help a brother out, I would appreciate it, but if your're gonna be negative, dont reply. Ive had enough people who didnt know what they were talking about tell me I acoulnt do this, but Ive had enough experienced people tell me I could. So once again, what do you think about an all oral stack?

  7. #7
    BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    79
    Here's some college fullbacks:
    Here's some NFL fullbacks: Rock Cartright 223, Larry Centers 225 (pro bowl...hmm?), any way, thats all I can think of off the top of my head. But Im sure there are many more.

    In the right program, I'll get bigger, stronger, and faster. I never said I was going to be an all-american right off the bat, or even at all. But what's wrong with following my first love anyway.

  8. #8
    BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    79
    forgot to post college fullbacks............will do later...............have econ class in 20 min.

  9. #9
    SickNasty's Avatar
    SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    167
    Rock Cartright 223, Larry Centers 225 these guys are tougher than nails second worst posistion next to middle linebacker for pain... so much different than playing d-line as I assume you had played in HS. I just moved this year from d-end to MLB and saturday mornings are hell, because you give a hit every single play and the body barely is ready by the next week to play again. I am even having doubts about playing college football. It will probably be the same blocking from fullback.

    I really have no idea about that level but i guess your going to have to take on 220 to 240 lb linebackers that i am sure run 4.6 40's and bench at least 400 lbs. You will probably be able to get there strength and speed wise but that is just a pre-requesite you still need the skills- anyways good luck in your endeavor stay healthy!

  10. #10
    Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Land of the Ice and Snow
    Posts
    88
    Please remember this, Size is not always an indicator. there are plenty of undersized players in college and in the league. Look at Dan Klecko he is a 5 foot 10 280 lb d lineman for the patriots. if you can ball, you can ball.

    But it is extremely difficult to go into college and trying to learn the running back position, especially if you played some type of defensive line in high school.
    College aint high school, in high school if you are good enough against a mixed array of guys ( some being amazing players, some being mediocre, and some being awful because thats how high school ranges) it does not mean you will blow people away in college, where everyone was the best on their team, everyone was all conference, or all state or all american, its a different game.

    Work hard dude, but stuff dont come easy, and dont rest your laurels on the great things you did in hs, becayse that dont mean ****. I dont care if you played against Eli Manning in HS and sacked him 60 times!!!! thats dont mean nothin. high school is over.

    Im just sayin work hard, do your thing, and succeed, just dont expect things to work out perfectly, you only get as much as you put in.
    So put in a LOT!!!

    and please never reference rugby again on this board. Glorified soccer has no place being spoken about along side God's Game

    Dude

  11. #11
    BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedudex2000
    Please remember this, Size is not always an indicator. there are plenty of undersized players in college and in the league. Look at Dan Klecko he is a 5 foot 10 280 lb d lineman for the patriots. if you can ball, you can ball.

    But it is extremely difficult to go into college and trying to learn the running back position, especially if you played some type of defensive line in high school.
    College aint high school, in high school if you are good enough against a mixed array of guys ( some being amazing players, some being mediocre, and some being awful because thats how high school ranges) it does not mean you will blow people away in college, where everyone was the best on their team, everyone was all conference, or all state or all american, its a different game.

    Work hard dude, but stuff dont come easy, and dont rest your laurels on the great things you did in hs, becayse that dont mean ****. I dont care if you played against Eli Manning in HS and sacked him 60 times!!!! thats dont mean nothin. high school is over.

    Im just sayin work hard, do your thing, and succeed, just dont expect things to work out perfectly, you only get as much as you put in.
    So put in a LOT!!!

    and please never reference rugby again on this board. Glorified soccer has no place being spoken about along side God's Game

    Dude
    I realize that highschool is not college. I was just saying that I could handle the pounding of it. Im going into this upcoming spring season like its my senior in highschool. Then Im going to walk on for th '05 season with freshmen eligibility. My boy is going to do his best in teaching me reads and help me with situational decisions, you know just increase my knowledge. Wehave been working on catching, cone drills, blocking techinque, and things like that. These coaches on this semi pro team will help me, and he will help me, when he is not working out with his team or in class.So I'll go into the '05 season with enough knowledge as a freshmen needs. They will take it from there. Any "expert", whether its a former NFL player, analyst, from ESPN, Mel Kiper Jr., or whoever from wherever, all say that running back is the easiest position to learn, and is the easiest to make a transition to, out of any position. Now I'm not saying that they are necessarily correct, however it does not hurt my chances, and it helps my confidence. I agreethat Rugby is not like fvootball, it is physical, however not as physical as football. I mentioned that because anyone who has played, knows that conditioning is tough. Not always as tough as football (especially because the conditioning isnt in the summer!, at least for us, we always condition in an indoor stadium.) I didnt want you guys to think that I was just some stiff who just recently picked up a football and wanted to play. So thanks for your support.

  12. #12
    BiteTheDust is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    83
    I play rugby not football.. although I wish I could play football.

    Age: 18 (in a week)
    Weight: 325 pounds
    Height: 6'2
    BENCH PRESS:375 pounds
    SQUAT:425 pounds
    LEG PRESS: 900 Pounds

  13. #13
    Jantzen4k's Avatar
    Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    $ Make The World Go Round
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by BP85
    Hey everyone. I'm gonna be playing for a semi-pro team next spring. My position will be some kind of runningback, hopefully a fullback. Anyway, right now I am cutting at 218lbs. I am going to get down to around 197. I want to do one more bulking cycle and get up to around 235. I want to stay that way for about 6 weeks to work on speed and agility, then cut to about 220, so my body will be used to carrying all that weight, and essentially I will be faster at 220. Anyway, I was thinking about taking some d-bol for 6 weeks and clomid from weeks 6-9. I might add in some stanozol. I only want to take orals, because honestly, Im scared of needles.Well, what do you guys think?

    Also, I've never played a runningback position before. Last year, one of my freinds who plays at a 1-AA school said I should walk on, and would be a "natural" runningback, after he saw me playing rugby with one of the top schools in the nation. I did play football in highschool, but at an "obese" 285.
    So, that is why I want to play for this semi-pro team to get some experience under my bealt. I will also be training with a highschool All-American from 3 years ago. Also please post your stats, so I can see where I compare. The person who I am training with said that stats dont matter, what matters is your ability to play. Here are my stats:
    BENCH PRESS:320, 225x15
    SQUAT:435, 315x23
    POWER CLEAN:255
    LEG PRESS:1120
    40:low 4.8 (last time was in the spring)
    i walked on to a Big10 team, i dunno what school your trying out for, but if its a good one you wont make it, espically with that 40 time if you want to be a tailback. football players arent made, there are earned

  14. #14
    Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Land of the Ice and Snow
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    i walked on to a Big10 team, i dunno what school your trying out for, but if its a good one you wont make it, espically with that 40 time if you want to be a tailback. football players arent made, there are earned

    Exactly, football is a hard game played by hard people. In many ways football is a sport you have to be naturally talented in to play. I know guys who could hit the weight room and lift phenominal weights, and had prototypical bodies for playing on the field. But when they stepped on the field they were the biggest pussies I had ever seen. In a lot of ways dont put too much stress on your lifting, believe me, it is important, and you always have to be getting stronger, but You HAVE to be able to ball.

    I dont know what bull **** you are hearing about Running back being the easisest position to make a transition to, but that is amazingly awful to hear. Running backs have to do everything on the field, they run with the ball, they have to block rushing linebackers, d lineman at times, and they have to catch. That is a foolish assumption to say it will come to you like cake. I just hope you know what you are getting into, because it seems like you really dont know anything. You are just spitting out things that you are being told by un reliable sources.
    Often if you keep telling yourself lies, you begin to believe them. Why didnt you play in college to begin with, were you recruited and chose not play?

    Walkign on is the hardest thing to do, jesus when i went in as a feshman recruit it was hard, but i couldnt imagine the life of a walk on, you are behind in many ways if you walk on, especially as a running back. Those running backs they recruit have an edge on you, yeah, they are better than you, so u have some **** to swim through to do what you think u can do

  15. #15
    SickNasty's Avatar
    SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    167
    I would recomend going to a small school with a really bad record. There are alot of schools that take almost everyone. I know some extreme puds that were allowed to walk on at some smaller colleges. develop your skills then go try out for the semi-pro team. It would be much better this way, much safer as you will be sure to get some action


    but now you have to wait another year which shouldnt be bad becuase you can develop your body to be more adequate

  16. #16
    latino_athlete's Avatar
    latino_athlete is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In The Heart of Mexico
    Posts
    275
    yea i know linemen that run a faster 40 than 4.8

  17. #17
    latino_athlete's Avatar
    latino_athlete is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In The Heart of Mexico
    Posts
    275
    im not tryin to trash you dude but how tall are you? you better be able to bench more than that and squat more than that. d-backs that are 5'8 175 can bench of 350 and squat over 500. maybe you should stick to flag football and get a reality check. and no you cant play semi-pro football and then play college football. and theres an age limit on ncaa sports. you cant try to play when your 30.

  18. #18
    Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Land of the Ice and Snow
    Posts
    88
    Yeah, stick to something more realistic for you little man. Flag football may be the best option. Or poweder puff football.

  19. #19
    datdude04 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10
    no matter what anyone says, speed and quickness are key- people and coaches will tell you how 40 times aren't important, and that its all about "hitting the holes," or "running great routes"- THATS ALL BS! Take it from an all-state player who was promised a starting job at a very respectable school, then got red-shirted. No frowning on red-shirts, but I honestly am the best at my position, Z receiver, but i ran a 4.66, and a couple sophomores ran 4.5's, i get red-shirted, they play, its bs but its true. SPEED IS THE KEY IN FOOTBALL.

    Work on your 40 time, any runningback at any level should be sub-4.7, peroid.

    Power Cleans are the best overall-football lift, so 255 is kinda weak, no offense, but your cleans should be a lot closer to your benches.

    The tailback at my high school last year:
    7 games: 1203 yards on 156 carries,
    and he's 5'7" .......................... but cleans like a champ, and runs a 4.48.

  20. #20
    Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Land of the Ice and Snow
    Posts
    88
    Squats are also very important, so dont forget about the, power clean and squats, do it up

    Dude

  21. #21
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Well dude!

    Im a former Lineman in both the 1-A and the CIAU...

    My last year of football was in 2000 at 23yo

    during that year(2000) my stats were:

    Pos: OT

    H: 6'2" 3/4
    W: 315lbs

    Bench Press: Maxed out at 550lbs (2000)
    Squat: 800lbs
    40: 5.0 flat, best time was a 4.8(ever)

    Let's look at the facts

    Your 40 yards is not very good, im 100lbs more than you and we run at about the same pace.

    One of my buddy is a former TB at Saint-Fx and McMaster and he ran a 4.24 @ 227lbs, he was eligible to play pro but wasnt drafted

    Then your bench press is below average: for the max rep you can add some pounds and be in the OK, but for your position you need atleast 25reps on the 225.


    Stats does matter man, it can make the difference between the ldepth lineups!

    cheers

  22. #22
    Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Land of the Ice and Snow
    Posts
    88
    Exactly buddy, be realistic

  23. #23
    Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Land of the Ice and Snow
    Posts
    88
    and dont kid yourself

    natural running back my @$$

  24. #24
    BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    79
    I know I need improvements in certain ****. Well, all **** actually. Thats what the fu%^ training is for. Yea there are a lot of you guys that can run a faster 40 than me. But I guarentee a lot of you guys that can run 4.5's, do not possess my quickness. There are a lot of back that dont have super speed, but are super quick.By the way, my hard work is paying off. Saturday stats: 40-4.74&4.76, Bench Press-340/225x18, Squat-445x4, verticle-34 in.. And my powerclean was 305x3 (its all about technique). I havent even began my test cyp./ dbol cycle yet. I live in a BIG TEN town, and hang with BIG TEN athletes. I also went to a highschool that sends football players to schools that neither you or I could dream about even sitting on the bench for. They all tell me different. Either you guys are wrong or they are hmmmm....... Anyway I do understand that numbers can help you out in the depth shart. But my numbers are coming along fine. And maybe you guys arent understanding that I am WALKING ON. The coaches and program will help me in a bigger way than I am helping myself anyway.......Aot of you guys are trying to compare me to players that play at like Tennessee, but remember, Im gonna move and walk on at a 1aa school. I know its gonna be tough. You guys can keep being a$$holes, but I dont care , because I got a goal, and you guys are not gonna stop me. Im focused. ......................Im gonna make another point. It seems like everyone who is trippin on me are probably the people who worked the hardest on their teams in highschool, but had no potential, and are now 3rd string players on D3 teams, and are so mad that no one will ever want to come and watch them except their families.............THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS ME (whether you have commented positively or not).............FU*& THE HATERS!!!

  25. #25
    BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    79
    One of my buddy is a former TB at Saint-Fx and McMaster and he ran a 4.24 @ 227lbs, he was eligible to play pro but wasnt drafted



    Please dont take this the wrong way, I am in no way calling you a liar. Either your buddy didnt run a 4.24, or the NFL is stupid. Even if he sucked at RB, he could have been a return, or contributed somewhere on Special Teams. Speed like that shouldnt be overlooked, especially @227. He needs to be working out everyday, and he needs to make contact with some teams. Even if he really sucked, they would send him to NFLE. Good luck to your buddy
    Last edited by BP85; 09-14-2004 at 07:01 PM. Reason: need to put the quout in Italics

  26. #26
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by BP85
    One of my buddy is a former TB at Saint-Fx and McMaster and he ran a 4.24 @ 227lbs, he was eligible to play pro but wasnt drafted



    Please dont take this the wrong way, I am in no way calling you a liar. Either your buddy didnt run a 4.24, or the NFL is stupid. Even if he sucked at RB, he could have been a return, or contributed somewhere on Special Teams. Speed like that shouldnt be overlooked, especially @227. He needs to be working out everyday, and he needs to make contact with some teams. Even if he really sucked, they would send him to NFLE. Good luck to your buddy

    He did! He's a former national track athlete, and he has the speed, but he's a tail back who has problems, so much problems running with the ball he was forced to play FB, so a runner without the balls of a real running back, speed thats all!

    As for him in the NFL, nnnnnaaaaaaah, The CFL didnt even recruited him and NFL are racist when it comes to canadian players. Former teamate at Concordia did the fastest time at a NFL camp in 99 and he was cut, we are alway cut, all my former teamates and buddies that did NFL were cut
    Deatan Dubuc (cut)
    Randy Chevrier(cut by the Jets)
    Richard Mercier(cut!)

    and a few other ****ers that I hate with arabic names

  27. #27
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by BP85
    I know I need improvements in certain ****. Well, all **** actually. Thats what the fu%^ training is for. Yea there are a lot of you guys that can run a faster 40 than me. But I guarentee a lot of you guys that can run 4.5's, do not possess my quickness. There are a lot of back that dont have super speed, but are super quick.By the way, my hard work is paying off. Saturday stats: 40-4.74&4.76, Bench Press-340/225x18, Squat-445x4, verticle-34 in.. And my powerclean was 305x3 (its all about technique). I havent even began my test cyp./ dbol cycle yet. I live in a BIG TEN town, and hang with BIG TEN athletes. I also went to a highschool that sends football players to schools that neither you or I could dream about even sitting on the bench for. They all tell me different. Either you guys are wrong or they are hmmmm....... Anyway I do understand that numbers can help you out in the depth shart. But my numbers are coming along fine. And maybe you guys arent understanding that I am WALKING ON. The coaches and program will help me in a bigger way than I am helping myself anyway.......Aot of you guys are trying to compare me to players that play at like Tennessee, but remember, Im gonna move and walk on at a 1aa school. I know its gonna be tough. You guys can keep being a$$holes, but I dont care , because I got a goal, and you guys are not gonna stop me. Im focused. ......................Im gonna make another point. It seems like everyone who is trippin on me are probably the people who worked the hardest on their teams in highschool, but had no potential, and are now 3rd string players on D3 teams, and are so mad that no one will ever want to come and watch them except their families.............THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS ME (whether you have commented positively or not).............FU*& THE HATERS!!!


    First of all with your attitude, you better go shoot yourself or a LB will kill you!

    Now let's see, I didnt read you said FB, then as a FB you have some potential average numbers.

    But you have a year to improve them so **** it and improve them, no one tried to take you down, but we were realistic in our comments so dont take them the wrong way. If you think we were harsh here, wait to see your fellow comrades, they will be worst than us.

    You showing improvement, and in a year you will be able to have a good potential, but for RB I dont know, and FB now you'll get to learn the blocking techniques. What position were ya in HS? How old are ya ?

    As for natural RB, do you know what makes a natural RB?

    FEAR! the best RB are affraid to get hit, nots that they have techniques to run the ball, yes they work on it, but they have fear, fear to get hit and hurt. A RB is an affraid dude too dumb to realize he has to run with the ball, also at 90% of the time its the OL that do its job!(no one thanx the OL EH, ****ers!)


    Anyway, you have a year, and a season to play, so let's go improve your stats and show us wrong . You might even earn a scholarship at the end if you do a proper tape of your games.

    322 a guy that played in a team that sent players to Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Miami, UCLA, Arizona, Kent State, Colorado, Syracuse, Rutgers, UCF, Texas, Nebraska, Kentucky, Pitt, Penn State, West Virginia, Stanford, BC, and way more where everyone were starters
    GO VANIER CHEETAHS


    hehehe

    Good luck with your endevours!

  28. #28
    BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    79
    3Vandoo:

    Sorry to here about how you and your boys have been treated unfairly. With that speed though man, he should try baseball. Some team will sign him to a minor league deal and even if he cant play, he can be a pinch runner. That is definitley world-class speed that very few people have.Thats probably a far fetched idea, for the money, its wort a shot anyway..........I do want to thank you for your support. I played DT and sometimes Mike in highschool, and when we ran a 4-6 I was an end who played the 3 technique, but I had the freedom to move outside if I wanted to. Anyways, quickness is my biggest attribute. I am extremely quick because I was quick at 285, and now Im about 70lbs. lower. So my explosion has gotten better. I'm working out with a former All-American Fullback who is teaching me basics. Im also working out wit a D1 safety right now, when we both have the same time off. Actually a lot of my boys who are playing in college are helping me, and if they are not in town, they were helping me in the summer. I get to see many points of views on the field, which can only help me get better. I have a hardnosed mentality and am only going to get tougher. I can only grow as a player........................Vandoo I also wanted to thank you because you are the only one who has supported me in this post. When I wrote it, I expected tips and motivation. My only motivation now is to prove these haters wrong.

    Thanks bro!
    BP85

  29. #29
    SMYL_GR8's Avatar
    SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,546
    First off, I wish you all the luck in the world in your pursuit. I respect anyone who chases a goal.

    Second, I trained FOR A YEAR to walk on to a National Campionship Div I School. I was told the day I walked on with only two other guys of the 150 that tried out "YOU WILL NEVER PLAY". They wanted us on the team because of our athletic skills, but they recognized that we could not contribute to a real game with our lack of experience. I ran a 4.37 34" vert at 195 llbs. Defensive Back.

    Third, Brock Lessner. I know he was going pro, but same concept. Your goal seems more of an Everest than a 5K, but good luck, bro.

    Last edited by SMYL_GR8; 09-18-2004 at 07:29 AM.

  30. #30
    Savage1 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    He did! He's a former national track athlete, and he has the speed, but he's a tail back who has problems, so much problems running with the ball he was forced to play FB, so a runner without the balls of a real running back, speed thats all!

    As for him in the NFL, nnnnnaaaaaaah, The CFL didnt even recruited him and NFL are racist when it comes to canadian players. Former teamate at Concordia did the fastest time at a NFL camp in 99 and he was cut, we are alway cut, all my former teamates and buddies that did NFL were cut
    Deatan Dubuc (cut)
    Randy Chevrier(cut by the Jets)
    Richard Mercier(cut!)

    and a few other ****ers that I hate with arabic names
    That is the truth. Only recently (last 3yrs) has the American recruiters for the NCAA and NFL really started to take a real look at Canadian Players. Usually from the City leagues...and from Can-Am games. I've experienced their Canadian racism first-hand. If Canadians wanted to try to go down south they would have to do all their own self-promotion and hope that one of the 300 tapes they send out gets a response. I've played down in Steeleton and Eerie Pennsylvania on exchange games over a four year period..and it is funny. At the high schools I played at everyone had a scholarship (even the 4th stringers), and as a starter with good ability in Canada you had to go up against these guys for a chance. SO most of the guys stayed in Canada and went to the CIAU (Ottawa Gee Gee's for me).
    We played against the State Champions every other year (Strong Vincent Colonels and Eerie ______Panthers), we lost each time, but our starters were stronger, better hitters and bigger. They were faster as a team, and had already been playing together since they were in grade school...you can't beat that kind of team unity, plus all their receivers/ DB's were State track stars runnig sub 4.4...for us we only had three guys running sub 4.5 (myself (WR), a TB and PR), and we did not have the opportunity of attending School Run football camp for a month in the summer. Little things separate the players and the two different games.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    706
    1.Good Luck. 2.You need to improve on everything. 3. You need to rethink your cycle needs. If your a nice 197 pounds,which by the way is too small to be a fullback,and plan on gaining up to a possible 40 pounds. All that work your doing right now is going to be in slow motion the second time around.

    Trust me I know. That's a fact most people never consider. Coordination,speed,agility all that sh*t changes with additional weight. People are so busy screaming "STEROIDS " when it comes to football,most dont understand the concept of competing for a job with a 40 time you can't run anymore,because you've added weight. It's a catch 22. That's why you dont see the lineman that can run sub 4's playing fullback. If size was everything that mattered they would. Sometimes there are some elite athletes that honestly could play about any position and do well.

    3vandoo made a lot of points that are very true. 40 time is something that varys though from the person stopping the watch. You can never put much stock in people's guessestimates and such.

    To give you a good idea of a big ten caliber fullback.. Look at Brandon Joe. Ohio states fullback. http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/s...ght=mike+kudla
    Thats a 505 flat bench and hes not even getting the ball because of a pec injury(imagine that)...Big ten is seroius football. Squat=
    http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/s...ght=mike+kudla
    Jamar Martin is a fullback. That's 660 and a real squat not a knee bender. I know this is just one example of big ten football. As I said ...Good Luck.

  32. #32
    SickNasty's Avatar
    SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    167
    see clarett's squat 710 that is amazing sure he is 6 foot tall but **** talk about leg drive

  33. #33
    BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    79
    Looky here: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/position/FB.html

    Iam stronger and/or faster than some of these guys.I know they didnt get drafted,but the fact is,they were D1 fullbacks

  34. #34
    IrISShEagles is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Albany area
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    197lb FullBack. i think this whole thread is a joke

    dcb
    dont respond then

  35. #35
    FlyNlo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by latino_athlete
    im not tryin to trash you dude but how tall are you? you better be able to bench more than that and squat more than that. d-backs that are 5'8 175 can bench of 350 and squat over 500. maybe you should stick to flag football and get a reality check. and no you cant play semi-pro football and then play college football. and theres an age limit on ncaa sports. you cant try to play when your 30.

    south carolina just accepted a 29 year old walk on... there is no age limit... call it the chris weinke rule

  36. #36
    FlyNlo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by latino_athlete
    im not tryin to trash you dude but how tall are you? you better be able to bench more than that and squat more than that. d-backs that are 5'8 175 can bench of 350 and squat over 500. maybe you should stick to flag football and get a reality check. and no you cant play semi-pro football and then play college football. and theres an age limit on ncaa sports. you cant try to play when your 30.

    south carolina just accepted a 29 year old walk on... there is no age limit... call it the chris weinke rule

  37. #37
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1
    That is the truth. Only recently (last 3yrs) has the American recruiters for the NCAA and NFL really started to take a real look at Canadian Players. Usually from the City leagues...and from Can-Am games. I've experienced their Canadian racism first-hand. If Canadians wanted to try to go down south they would have to do all their own self-promotion and hope that one of the 300 tapes they send out gets a response. I've played down in Steeleton and Eerie Pennsylvania on exchange games over a four year period..and it is funny. At the high schools I played at everyone had a scholarship (even the 4th stringers), and as a starter with good ability in Canada you had to go up against these guys for a chance. SO most of the guys stayed in Canada and went to the CIAU (Ottawa Gee Gee's for me).
    We played against the State Champions every other year (Strong Vincent Colonels and Eerie ______Panthers), we lost each time, but our starters were stronger, better hitters and bigger. They were faster as a team, and had already been playing together since they were in grade school...you can't beat that kind of team unity, plus all their receivers/ DB's were State track stars runnig sub 4.4...for us we only had three guys running sub 4.5 (myself (WR), a TB and PR), and we did not have the opportunity of attending School Run football camp for a month in the summer. Little things separate the players and the two different games.

    Things are a bit different in Quebec, most of our guys that go play NCAA are from the CEGEP AAA league. I played at Vanier College, a big football powerhouse in Quebec, we have many NFlers and way too much 1-A players, but even the superstars in the NCAA got crap as treatments. I remember when I chatted with Thimanga Biakabutuka(sp), he told me of racist and bad remarks at Michigan. Another friend (Deatan Dubuc) who played at Michigan and now in the NFL (played with him civil league and he's lives from me at 2min away) him he got all the pussies because he was french! ****er!

    But anyway, I never got that treatment personally when I went in the NCAA(which I stayed 6 months lol ) but I know many players that happened to them.

    322 a former Concordia Stingers!!!!!

    PS: im drunk!


  38. #38
    BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyNlo
    south carolina just accepted a 29 year old walk on... there is no age limit... call it the chris weinke rule


    He is actually 39, he was in the military for 20 yrs. I remember in the special on ESPN, they said he was almost 40. Anyway, more power to him, right?!

  39. #39
    BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by latino_athlete
    im not tryin to trash you dude but how tall are you? you better be able to bench more than that and squat more than that. d-backs that are 5'8 175 can bench of 350 and squat over 500. maybe you should stick to flag football and get a reality check. and no you cant play semi-pro football and then play college football. and theres an age limit on ncaa sports. you cant try to play when your 30.

    First of all, you are an idiot. You probably do not know many football players. There are exceptions, but even Charles Woodson can only bench 365. Look at Draft stats, then come talk to me. Yes, there are a lot of people that have exceptional speed and strength, but probably not even 75% of players. If you were paying attention to my post, you would know that I am gonna try to walk-on to a 1aa team, not come in a nd play and be All-American right away. Thos are goals of mine down the road, however. I may sound too hopeful to some of you, and I'll tell you why. I am NEVER satisfied. Why sell myself short, when I, nor does anyone, know what I am capable of. How many of you know what you are capable of? If you can answer that with anything other than an "I dont Know", than you are satisfied. That is the difference between me and most of you doubters. You are satisfied, I am not.


    By the way, to keep you up to date, I am not gonna cut, just bulk clean. I am up to 221 and getting stronger , leaner,and faster everyday. I have been talking to the coaches for the semi-pro team I will be playing for next spring. They agreed that If my progress as a player matches my progress of becoming a better athlete, I should go to a JUCO next year. I could maybe get recruitde by a bigger school than one of the two 1aa schools I was considering.

    I am looking at this as a new start and a blessing from God.

  40. #40
    BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    First off, I wish you all the luck in the world in your pursuit. I respect anyone who chases a goal.

    Second, I trained FOR A YEAR to walk on to a National Campionship Div I School. I was told the day I walked on with only two other guys of the 150 that tried out "YOU WILL NEVER PLAY". They wanted us on the team because of our athletic skills, but they recognized that we could not contribute to a real game with our lack of experience. I ran a 4.37 34" vert at 195 llbs. Defensive Back.

    Third, Brock Lessner. I know he was going pro, but same concept. Your goal seems more of an Everest than a 5K, but good luck, bro.

    The only reason you didnt play was because you let the coaches tell you that. I will play, because I wont let that happen to me. What do you do on Friday and Saturday nights? I watch football and go to the gym. Screw fun. Fun will be in 18months when I can come back herre and show you that I proved you wrong. I will never reveal my name or location though. Im too motivated now, no one can stop me. Everybody can keep talikn sh***, and then in 30 years you will be so pissed off that you didnt churn out that extra rep, run that extra sprint, or have the balls to push yourself to limits that you thought were impossible. I stated in an earlier post that I am never satisfied. In 30 years when I know I have accomplished my goal, my dream, my passion for living, then and only then will I maybe be satisfied. You can look back and wish that you had half the drive that I did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •