Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    Fullback57's Avatar
    Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    349

    Favorite Pre-Game Meal?

    Whats your favorite Pre-Game meal??

    mine was always 4hrs before kickoff and consisted of: Chicken breast, some kind of pasta w/light tomato sauce or a baked potato and usually some cantalope and a small banana........

  2. #2
    chevy44's Avatar
    chevy44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    723
    mine was always some pasta w/ 1200mgs of ibuprofen and 1 stacker 2... and some water

  3. #3
    SickNasty's Avatar
    SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    167
    pb and j sandwiches, 40 oz of gatorade

  4. #4
    Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Land of the Ice and Snow
    Posts
    88
    6 egg whites, some whole wehat toast, and OJ, nuttin beats that

  5. #5
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    10 pitchers!

  6. #6
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    egg whites and oatmeal 5 hours before kickoff and them some whey and PB a couple hours b4

    dcb

  7. #7
    juicelee is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    301
    My favorite pre game meal was always some spaghetti (sometimes with light tomato sauce sometimes plain noodles)with egg whites and a creatine/glutamine/potassium shake containing about 10grams of creatine,10 grams glutamine and alot of potassium and I always took some more creatine for half time nutrition
    Last edited by juicelee; 09-14-2004 at 09:48 AM.

  8. #8
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by juicelee
    My favorite pre game meal was always some spaghetti (sometimes with light tomato sauce sometimes plain noodles)with egg whites and a creatine/glutamine/potassium shake containing about 10grams of creatine,10 grams glutamine and alot of potassium and I always took some more creatine for half time nutrition
    what the hell is creatine gonna do for you pregame? except dehydrate the hell out of you

    dcb

  9. #9
    datdude04 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10
    pasta- no more than 4 hours pre-game- the carbs break down after that and dont help- water and gatorade- banana within hour of kickoff- and a grip of ibuprofen!!!!

    BREAKFAST IS KEY THO!!!

  10. #10
    ChiTownTommy's Avatar
    ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    depends
    Posts
    1,121
    i would always eat a big brakfast and hardly eat before a game i would just drink alot of gaterade and stuff like that butterflies and adrenaline was to much for me too keep down food, if anything it was a protien bar of some sort but only a few bite to have a little somthign in the gut

  11. #11
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by datdude04
    pasta- no more than 4 hours pre-game- the carbs break down after that and dont help- water and gatorade- banana within hour of kickoff- and a grip of ibuprofen!!!!

    BREAKFAST IS KEY THO!!!
    careful witht he banana though, might want to pick another fruit b/c the banana has a good amount of triptafan in it.

    dcb

  12. #12
    Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Land of the Ice and Snow
    Posts
    88
    Mad Banana Face

  13. #13
    juicelee is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    what the hell is creatine gonna do for you pregame? except dehydrate the hell out of you

    dcb
    I dont argue with results bro...

  14. #14
    Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Land of the Ice and Snow
    Posts
    88
    Mad results....face

  15. #15
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by juicelee
    I dont argue with results bro...
    it makes no sence. creatine doesnt give you energy, it impossible. your a moron and you must have some hell of a team. . . BWAHAHAHAHAHA


    dcb. . .face

  16. #16
    Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Land of the Ice and Snow
    Posts
    88
    Yeah, i have to agree with DCB, what benefits do you THINK you are getting from taking creatine before a game. It doesnt give you energy, it really doesnt do anything. Your thinking is foolish. You are doing nothing but hurting yourself, and you will find that out when you are laying on the sideline with a cramp so bad you cant walk. Untill then, Good luck


    FACE

  17. #17
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    pasta, heavy meat sauce and some potatoes..non deep fried

  18. #18
    chevy44's Avatar
    chevy44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    723
    hay now boys and girls lets not get fistey (sp?) ... i used to take this drink that contained a grip of ephedrine and a hell of alot of caffeine.. talk about dehydration.. but that **** would drop my 40 time to 4.5..

  19. #19
    Jantzen4k's Avatar
    Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    $ Make The World Go Round
    Posts
    3,388
    3 hrs before, eggwhites with tuna, wheat bread and pasta

    1hr before: nutragrain bar and protein shake

  20. #20
    SickNasty's Avatar
    SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    167
    haha creatine within season, thats asking for muscle pulls I speak from experience

  21. #21
    juicelee is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    it makes no sence. creatine doesnt give you energy, it impossible. your a moron and you must have some hell of a team. . . BWAHAHAHAHAHA


    dcb. . .face
    actually we won states but, sorry if you think im a moron but it worked for me bro no need to show disrespect. I felt like i had more energy, I thought creatine did have suttin to do with the energy. I thought that atp is the chemical energy molecule that is needed by all cells of the body and, when the terminal phosphate group is split from atp, energy is released and atp becomes adp (adenosine triphosphate) and, atp provided the cells with the chemical energy necessary for cell functions and, creatine is needed to kickstart the fire for all of this to happen. So basically I thought that by supplementing creatine sometime b4 gametime it would store itself and be ready for atp pc energy use by the time I hit the field. I also was cautious about the dehydration also which is why i used gatorade to mix the three together and, I took magnesium pills and drank plenty of water pregame. If I am wrong I am sorry for ruining this thread but it was titled favorite pregame meal so i just thought id share.
    Last edited by juicelee; 09-14-2004 at 09:47 AM.

  22. #22
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by juicelee
    actually we won states but, sorry if you think im a moron but it worked for me bro no need to show disrespect. I felt like i had more energy, I thought creatine did have suttin to do with the energy. I thought that atp is the chemical energy molecule that is needed by all cells of the body and, when the terminal phosphate group is split from atp, energy is released and atp becomes adp (adenosine triphosphate) and, atp provided the cells with the chemical energy necessary for cell functions and, creatine is needed to kickstart the fire for all of this to happen. So basically I thought that by supplementing creatine sometime b4 gametime it would store itself and be ready for atp pc energy use by the time I hit the field. I also was cautious about the dehydration also which is why i used gatorade to mix the three together and, I took magnesium pills and drank plenty of water pregame. If I am wrong I am sorry for ruining this thread but it was titled favorite pregame meal so i just thought id share.
    HIGH SCHOOL! your right then, one hell of a team

  23. #23
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    For the record, creatine before a game has no impact whatsoever on performance.

    Not the least bit.

    If it helps you mentally, great, but that's about all it's going to do.


    ~SC~

  24. #24
    SickNasty's Avatar
    SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    167
    thanks for clearing that up... hes right about ATP but creatine only works when it is already stored in your muscles

  25. #25
    IronReload04's Avatar
    IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    5,640
    i was always too excited, angry, mad, insane, nervous, anxious, psycho, and unstable to eat much. a beef sandwich plus pasta and lots of gateraid.

  26. #26
    houseofpain's Avatar
    houseofpain is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,847
    gatorade and pasta!

  27. #27
    Rhino58's Avatar
    Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,454
    Double Double from In-And-Out Burger.

  28. #28
    AustrianOAK14's Avatar
    AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    san diego, ca
    Posts
    1,502
    italian chicken with pasta

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •