Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heavylifter99
    hockey is back for those who care.... draft lotery will be held on friday/ july 22, on espn news. Get ready nhl is BACK!!
    with some of the proposed rule changes they might as welll stay away. changing our game to make it fan friendly. makes me sick.

Grant is offline Member
    What have they proposed for the new season?

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    What have they proposed for the new season?
    smaller goalie pads...ok. tag up offsides...ok. no redline...stupid. shootout...insane. some other minor ones. already t.v. timeouts changed the game. 3 t.v. timeouts a period means no reason to juggle lines. 4th line not even needed anymore. all your top players are rested. shootout is the worst. i remember goin into edmonton, back in the day, and breakin my balls to shut down gretzky and messier and anderson and kurri. hoping to god we got out with a close victory or a tie. now to think about spendin 60 minutes playing tight hockey to see it all thrown away in a shootout really burns my ass. takes the game from being a team sport to an individual sport in the last few minutes. fan freindly, maybe. from a players standpoint, horrible.

DerDon is offline Junior Member
    I like the no 2 line pass rule. Really opens up the ice, downside is im sure there will be a hell of alot more cherry picking going on. Boys hanging out down there wanting a breakaway. I agree with you on the shootout deal 1819. I was initially thinking that it was a cool idea. Adds excitement to it. Always felt i didnt get my dineros worth when it ended in a tie, not to mention forkin out overprice ranger tickets just to cover their ridicolous salary. But like you said, it takes alot away from the team turning it into a individualized match in the end. Guess we'll see how it goes this season.

BUT SMILE, THE NHL IS BACK!!! Woo hoo

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmmtheIceman
    Hockey is awesome. Too bad alot of people dont like it
    Forget about those people. They don't count. In Canada, you dis hockey, you might get into a bit of trouble, especially if you are at a bar.
    HOCKEY RULES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spoc
    people that dont like hockey dont appreciate the sport cause they have never played it or they are really **** at it...its the hardest sport to get good at or go pro because a) you gotta be able to skate and im not talking about pleasure skating like elvis stojko,anaerobic exercise is the key b)you gotta have skills! stickhandling while flying at 30mp/h and taking the snapshot coming down on your off-wing takes some practice...c)you gotta be smart, no matter what position your at...im sorry to say but hockey is the best sport and ive played other sports as well i hate people that rip hockey...football, if your big and stupid,stand on the line Cletus and make sure the other big stupid jackass doesnt get by you...basketball,dont forget your nailpolish at home cause any physical contact results in about 1000 whistles blown during the game...baseball,who doesnt love watching grass grow?...NASCAR...if you find watching cars go in a circle for hours instead of a hockey game, may god have mercy on your soul....americans will watch ANYTHING, except hockey for some reason...if any of you are willing enough for a challenging sport, i suggest you go and pick up a hockey stick....
    Dude, you gotta be a Canadian...
    Hockey is the greatest sport ever. I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    smaller goalie pads...ok. tag up offsides...ok. no redline...stupid. shootout...insane. some other minor ones. already t.v. timeouts changed the game. 3 t.v. timeouts a period means no reason to juggle lines. 4th line not even needed anymore. all your top players are rested. shootout is the worst. i remember goin into edmonton, back in the day, and breakin my balls to shut down gretzky and messier and anderson and kurri. hoping to god we got out with a close victory or a tie. now to think about spendin 60 minutes playing tight hockey to see it all thrown away in a shootout really burns my ass. takes the game from being a team sport to an individual sport in the last few minutes. fan freindly, maybe. from a players standpoint, horrible.
    I agree with you too. If you Put in the shoot out, you'll be removing the team effort.
    Nuff said.

And, oh yeah.
    Calgary Flames.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information