Thread: Pool Workouts

thepremier is offline Junior Member

Pool Workouts

Has anybody done speed workouts in the pool? I hear all the time that it really makes you exposive/quick. Also if the answer is yes, what are some exercises that I would do in a pool workout?

SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    do your plyos bud, high knees butt kickers and the like. stay in the shallows so you dont sacrifice form or it will make you slower. keep everything in a straight line

eacman65 is offline Member
    yeah i would like to see some stuff on pool workouts

2davidbostonjr1 is offline Junior Member
    yea i started doing pool work outs last year they def help a lot ... for are warm up we do like 8 laps ... then high knees ... butt kicks ..... then frankenstine walk(were you walk and try to kick you foot up soo it comes out of the water and try to touch your toe with your arms strait out) run sucides ..... and then just run go as fast as you can getting your knees up as high as you can ... also get one of those floaty thingys lay on it and just go down and back the lenth of the pool just useing your legs to swim .... you can do frog jumps then you get a few guys and u start to run in a circle then after you go around like 3 times you turn around and run the other way ... im pretty sure thats all we did but it def helps a lot with speed and flexibilty ...if theres other things i think of ill post em.

thepremier is offline Junior Member
    Thanx for the great info bro.

2davidbostonjr1 is offline Junior Member
    no problem if i think of any other stuff ill let you know , but that should do u good ,,, go after that and run some sprints ull be feeling it the next day

eacman65 is offline Member
    thanks for the info man that will def help

skribbble is offline Member
    I know your supposed to rest inbetween days you run, so in my day of rest would it be bad if i did activity in the pool like swimming a lap or 2 and then doing pro agililties like high knees and stuff. Let me know if that would be too much on my legs

Thread Information