New Gear Head is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Forearm strength important.

It may seem dumb but think about the amount of time spent just holding on to the ball(after grabbing a board, getting a loose ball). You need to build up forearm strength to keep someone from stripping the ball from you. Two handed passes involve alot of wrist snapping at the point of delivery to keep passes crisp. Keep up on the wrist curls or don't use straps to help your grip on heavier movements like shrugs or pull downs.

Homer 8 is offline Associate Member
    maybe so but how do u stop a clean strip if u come up against a good gaurd u need the skill plus good reflexs the main thing is to work on ur handles rather speed than strenth. like every good coach says the game is played 10% physical 90% mental

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithhoman
    maybe so but how do u stop a clean strip if u come up against a good gaurd u need the skill plus good reflexs the main thing is to work on ur handles rather speed than strenth. like every good coach says the game is played 10% physical 90% mental
    maybe so.. but when you go to the gym, it may be a good idea to have a focus on the aforementioned. and at practice, work on your handles. dribble a golf ball on cement.. put on a blindfold and dribble (in a safe place lol) and most importantly.. play with people that are better than you. eventually you will stop getting jacked and will tear up some ankles.

Homer 8 is offline Associate Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by c_ville
    maybe so.. but when you go to the gym, it may be a good idea to have a focus on the aforementioned. and at practice, work on your handles. dribble a golf ball on cement.. put on a blindfold and dribble (in a safe place lol) and most importantly.. play with people that are better than you. eventually you will stop getting jacked and will tear up some ankles.
    yeah but does strenth really matter i know the best of gaurds who the is not a hope of stripping the ball from and thrust me they arent strong at all. but yes i suppose it is wise to strenh up everything.
    maybe all the guys in this forum get together and just rip it up

clampitt is offline Junior Member
    YES, STRENGTH DOES MATTER.

at 5'11 i play guard... and i been training in the weight room for like a year and half now. And it is has finally been paying off .

i barely have to try to get position when posting up against guys way bigger than me now, and so on.

but i never lose a battle for a wrestle with the ball. All in the 4-arms and Bi's.

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clampitt
    YES, STRENGTH DOES MATTER.

at 5'11 i play guard... and i been training in the weight room for like a year and half now. And it is has finally been paying off .

i barely have to try to get position when posting up against guys way bigger than me now, and so on.

but i never lose a battle for a wrestle with the ball. All in the 4-arms and Bi's.
    you'd lose against me

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    try sitting at the end of a bench and squeezsing out 15-20 reps of forearm curls

Thread Information