JAYROD is offline Senior Member

which QB would you choose?

if you could build a team who would you take, payton manning the stat king or tom brady the guy who just wins.

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    if you could build a team who would you take, payton manning the stat king or tom brady the guy who just wins.
    MCNABB....

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Brady.

i agree spinter. gotta go with a winner.

motorman is offline New Member
    I've gotta go with Michael Vick. Inconsistant I know, but when he has a good game he's dynamite.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motorman
    I've gotta go with Michael Vick. Inconsistant I know, but when he has a good game he's dynamite.
    2, 3 years from now he may be my pick, but he still doesn't have the accuracy and the decision making of a guy like Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by motorman
    vick is fun to watch but i'm thinking in terms of a qb leading a team to a super bowl.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Come on, I think you have to say Brady. I mean the Pats are better than the Colts as a team but the guy just wins, that's all he does. Think Marino would trade his records in for 3 SB rings?

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Come on, I think you have to say Brady. I mean the Pats are better than the Colts as a team but the guy just wins, that's all he does. Think Marino would trade his records in for 3 SB rings?
    you know he would give up those records for a ring. greatest ever that didn't win a lombardi trophy.

rsmihula is offline Associate Member
    In reality Brady with his championships, but for a fantasy point league Manning
    Last edited by rsmihula; 08-09-2005 at 11:09 PM.

thestudent is offline Associate Member
    Manning is the best QB, Brady is the best leader. Vick is just all around the best athlete.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    hard to choose. every scheme and system is different. cant say brady just knows how to win. look at the team he has. dont you think manning would do equally well on that team. look at what dallas did for aikman. he was just an average qb at best. he'll be in the hall because of that team. imagine if marino or elway played on those dallas teams? they'd still be winning. plus a super bowl does not define a career. would jim kelly be any better if norwood was a foot to the left? no. would brady be any worse if that fumble against the raiders went the other way? or if vinatieri misses one of those kicks in the big game? no. dont get me wrong, like you guys said, im sure anyone would trade all the stats for a ring anyday but it doesnt work that way and it doesnt make one "better" than the other. find a qb that fits the team ala trent dilfer (baltimore) and you'll find sucess. it is the team, not the quarterback.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    gus ferrote

Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    hard to choose. every scheme and system is different. cant say brady just knows how to win. look at the team he has. dont you think manning would do equally well on that team. look at what dallas did for aikman. he was just an average qb at best. he'll be in the hall because of that team. imagine if marino or elway played on those dallas teams? they'd still be winning. plus a super bowl does not define a career. would jim kelly be any better if norwood was a foot to the left? no. would brady be any worse if that fumble against the raiders went the other way? or if vinatieri misses one of those kicks in the big game? no. dont get me wrong, like you guys said, im sure anyone would trade all the stats for a ring anyday but it doesnt work that way and it doesnt make one "better" than the other. find a qb that fits the team ala trent dilfer (baltimore) and you'll find sucess. it is the team, not the quarterback.
    WOW!!!!! aikman an average qb, you kiddin. i agree with alot you said there but troy aikman an average qb is crazy.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    i second that aikman thing... the team carried him, anywayz... go gus and go eli!!!!!!!

Can we add Phil Simms to this list?????

o simms was just average too. lol. just kiddin giantz.

i would take simms over aikman anyday. but didnt n y win a super bowl with that same team and hostetler at qb? i really dont remember how many games he played that year. if he started most then that would help my arguement but if simms got them there and then just missed the bowl then i guess ya gotta give phil his props.

Simms got taken out in like Week 12, so you'd have an argument there, but Hostetler was by far and away an above average Qb. H ealso could run, which aside from Randall Cunningham people didn't see too much. On the plus side Simms has the all time highest Completion % in a Super Bowl 80%. Down right nasty.

Simms got taken out in like Week 12, so you'd have an argument there, but Hostetler was by far and away an above average Qb. H ealso could run, which aside from Randall Cunningham people didn't see too much. On the plus side Simms has the all time highest Completion % in a Super Bowl 80%. Down right nasty.
    yea i kinda remember now. still would take simms ovr aikman. lookin at that dallas team, any halfway decent qb would have had same success. i always take a guy like that and put him on another team, of the time, and think if they would make a huge impact. aikman on say, the browns of the same era, would they have won with him? no.

Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    yea i kinda remember now. still would take simms ovr aikman. lookin at that dallas team, any halfway decent qb would have had same success. i always take a guy like that and put him on another team, of the time, and think if they would make a huge impact. aikman on say, the browns of the same era, would they have won with him? no.
    sure, ask micheal irvin if he would have taken any average qb instead of troy. how can you call a guy who will be in the hall of fame an average qb? dallas haters everywhere. lol.

skribbble is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    MCNABB....

Why mcnabb? WHen has he not choked. Not to be racist but has a black qb ever won a superbowl? I dont think so

BoL0 is offline Junior Member
    Not to change the subject but if it wasn't a racist comment why was it made.....

Second do a search on a person named Doug Williams and you will have your black QB

with a superbowl ring........ '

Third i would have to go with Manning.......hes just awsome......and if he had a team like the Pats.......or the Cowboys in the 90's it would just make him that much better.....

Quote Originally Posted by skribbble
    Why mcnabb? WHen has he not choked. Not to be racist but has a black qb ever won a superbowl? I dont think so
    wtf does race have to do with anything? and again, winning a super bowl does not make you a great qb. trent dilfer is a perfect example.

really sucks this turned into a black and white thing. i was just wondering who ya'll would rather have as the field general of your fave team, one who is not flashy but seems to make the right choices when it matters and wins or one you brag about his stats but doesn't win that last game on that final sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    really sucks this turned into a black and white thing. i was just wondering who ya'll would rather have as the field general of your fave team, one who is not flashy but seems to make the right choices when it matters and wins or one you brag about his stats but doesn't win that last game on that final sunday.
    werd

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    manning ..... NUFF SAID!!

Thread Information