se11 is offline Associate Member

Need to gain weight, muscle, and speed

I have till next season to gain weight, muscle/strength, and speed. I'm 145 and 5-8. I was a potental WR/DB. But wasn't fast enough. I would also like to build up my legs, arms, and chest. Anyone have any ideas what I can do?

skribbble is offline Member
    From what i read, before you start taking anything serious your going to need to build yourself a firm base. Start taking creatine and protein to gain some solid weight.

Stay flexible, its the only way you can gain weight and increase speed at the same time. stretch 2-3 times a day

Do speed ladder workouts to get quickness, 20's 30's and 40's for sprints. Use parachutes, and sleds with weights.

BP85 is offline Junior Member
    BAM! Skribble has got it!...........................East pb&j with a glass of milk 10 minutes before bed too

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    add a scoop of protein as well bro

should i switch my workout plan to something more suitable for football. right now i have a decent plan that covers every body part. should i switch it and add it more sleds, cardio, and sprints and take out things like traps and forearms?

ProPayne7 is offline New Member
    no, you need a forearm workout for ball control and breaking takcles...ask your coach and see what he recomends because one of my coaches made sure he improvised on the smaller, less used muscles (which help really well on the field), then another coach tried to make me only do weight workouts similar to my position, which is defensive lineman. I personally would add more workouts that go with your position such as sleds, but do not take out anything. make sure you drink protein/muscle milk ane eat plenty of meat. Also, peanutbutter is a gift from god.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    jesus guys, stop messin him up. .a scoop and whey and some PB&J b4 bed aint gonna do sheit. SE11 i think it best serves you to do a clean bulker. . come to th3 diet forum my son. if you got a good diet with position specific training, then you are golden

DCB

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by se11
    I have till next season to gain weight, muscle/strength, and speed. I'm 145 and 5-8. I was a potental WR/DB. But wasn't fast enough. I would also like to build up my legs, arms, and chest. Anyone have any ideas what I can do?
    How about hitting the weights,

ProPayne7 is offline New Member
    Yeah, but if you are gonna get advice from anyone, Dalcowbag is your best bet. Make sure you run while you lift weights, otherwise your speed will drop like a 12 year old's balls.

haha yeah putting on weight is good but if your running the 40 like my grandma you migh twant to rethink

well since that post im up to about 149, added 10 pounds to bench/leg press. you think i should start throwing in some treadmill and sled work?

i love sled work good for perepheral quickness

crazymass is offline New Member
    run up hill, do push ups, sit ups and chin ups and keep your protein intake about 1g per pound and get alot of calories

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    dude how old are you?
    your profile says you were born in 1957?
    doesnt that make you 43? who are you gonna be playing for?

irongryph is offline New Member
    Most football weight training programs concentrate on compound movements (squats, leg press, deadlifts, bench, military press, cleans, etc.). When doing a rep, it's recommended to focus on the negative part. Be explosive on the positive part, pause and contract on the top part, and slow on the negative part. Everybody asks "how much can you lift", but nobody asks "how much can you lower." The lowering part of the rep is where you gain your strength and endurance.

As for gaining weight, just increase your calorie intake. This doesn't mean hog out on junk food. Focus on proteins (muscles building), carbohydrates (energy), and good fats.

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    get explosive by doing power lifts like cleans and snatch's. As well as abs, squats, and of course your running workout. I would suggest a speed ladder.

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by irongryph
    Everybody asks "how much can you lift", but nobody asks "how much can you lower." .
    i can lower over 2000 pounds on bench and 3000 pounds on squat.

skribbble is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by se11
    well since that post im up to about 149, added 10 pounds to bench/leg press. you think i should start throwing in some treadmill and sled work?
    leg press? We dont play football sitting down do we?

Thread Information