illuzions is offline Associate Member

Running the mile time?

I was just curious being that I have been timing myself running the mile. I have to build up my endurance so i will be ready for the police academy in the upcoming months. I wanted to know what an average time would be for the mile and also what would be a great time to aim for in the mile...

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    man I have no idea about average. My best mile time was in highschool at 5:02 flat. And that wasnt good enough to get out of district. I would presume that average mile time is around 5.5-6 minutes. I could be off though, in fact, it probably changes with age. Didnt the police academy give you the requirements to get admitted?

they didnt give any requirements, however on the website when we actually go to the academy we have to be able to run the 1.5 mile in under 13 minutes...i just started running at the track and my mile is a 7:50:44 so i guess thats a start...

GETSOME is offline Junior Member
    hey bro 1.5 miles in under 13 min is to easy. i run 2 miles in under 13 min. what works for me is running further than my normally run for endurance so when it comes down to running for your test you will be able to excel because your breathing will be down and your mind will be set that the 1.5 mile aint shi*.

ur right...i have to stop running only what i will be tested on, instead im going to run further and build my endurance...thanx for the advice, it will be well recieved

Thread Information