Trainhard is offline Junior Member

Cycles during season

What kinds of cycles have been ran during season by some of you guys out there? still early as **** in the season and looking to hit a cycle here soon. I usually stay clean through the season.

just thinkin about gaining a little more strength! haha yeah thats what i ahve been saying for years.. lol, will always want a little more...

But any hockey players on this board? If so at what calibre?

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    id go with winstrol and deca thats not a bad combo imo during the season

Mr.Frost is offline New Member
    I gave my buddy a cycle of tren and it worked well, yes theats right tren only 1 ml a day for 6 weeks b4 camp

Carguy is offline Junior Member
    Fina is key during the season.

No bloat, you still stay agile enough not to FCUK your stride up when you skate.

I played 2 seasons of D3 and one season of D1 in college.

I play just competitive mens leagues now.

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    you haven't found fina hurts anaerobic capacity?

hockeyman20 is offline Junior Member
    I have buddies who love fina during the season. It helps them actually continue to get stronger during the season wich is tough to do with all the games and road trips. It also keeps the unnecesary awkward bulk off that goes hand in hand with other steroids . I have only done winny during the season in only 2-3 week cycles, then id take about month off depending on our schedule.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    4 yrs in the pros. never did a cycle while playing. did live on ephedrine though.

to try to answer your question, how about:

tren enanthate
    EQ
    test enanthate

these are long esters so 2x week should be fine.

you could try some dbol to get started and could consider winny if it's not hard on your joints.

ImACrazyJewDaddy is offline Associate Member
    Hey, im a newbie, and i was just wondering...i usually get tired quite quickly during a game due to my sever asthma, i was wondering if I should get some Clen . to help me out because i heard it is used as a bronchiodiolator and works well. Also, Im 17, and im trying to gain a little more LEAN wieght and look good still. If i take it, will it F#&* up my test. and system ****, cuz i dotn want to do anything that will harm my body like an anabolic will. If its a stupid idea, i wont do it. O yea, im 5'7, 152 lbs..BF less than 8%

1819 is offline Senior Member
    get some vasopro. its a bronchile dialator. you'll feel like you can breathe under water.

if you search on clen , it's believed to kill heart cells, not something a 17 year old hockey player would want. Can't your doctor prescribe something for the asthma? Albuterol is used for asthma (and also will cut you but it doesn't sound like cutting is what you need).

Everyone will tell you - stay away from AS until you're older. Sounds like you figured that out already.

OK. Thanks, i had no idea that it actually killed heart cells, not a good thing for me since i was just told that i was born with a heart murmur, or whatever the hell that thing is. But theres nothing wrong with my heart now. But here's the thing. My doctor did proscribe me an inhaler, and it did help alot compared to me skating with out it during conditioning. But is it true that corticosteroids effect a person's protien synthesis. Enabling the body to repair muscle tissue, or adding new tissue. Could this be the reason why its hard for me to put extra muscle on my body. it just seems i can''t gain lean mass any further. I think i have platued or something already? I really need some help.

On the clenbuterol , search under "clenbuterol" and "heart" and you'll see a big discussion. It seems pretty clear that it's not too good for the heart.

Corticosteroids do have a muscle wasting effect but I'm not sure that inhaling them in an asthma spray is going to make much of a difference (check with your doctor or post this question in the main forum). More of an issue if you're on prednisone or something like that.

As for gaining weight, I suspect it has to do with your age, activity level and diet, rather than any asthma spray. If you're skating 5x per week, you probably need an extra 1,300-1,500 calories per day to gain weight. There are calculators on the internet that will give you a better estimate of your required caloric intake but a guess would be 4,000 calories per day. Get some NLarge, which packs 600 calories per serving, and put down 2-3 per day. Just keep on adding calories until you start to gain weight: if you're lifting and skating, a lot of the calories will turn into muscle.

You should be aware that skating itself is going to tend to break down your muscles. This is why the serious bb'ers don't do any cardio when they're bulking. But do you want to be a slow hulk on the ice or a lean, mean hockey player? If you look at the large NHL players, they are lean but muscular, but none of them looks like a bodybuilder.

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    I always run Test, Deca ... usually keep out the dbol intil my summer cycle ... however im a hard gainer and i tend to loose about 10-15 pounds throughout the season if i dont run a cycle during the season ... Dbol i find makes me way too hot and just feeling sluggish during the season, but is a great way to kick start a summer cycle ... decas great for my joints, especially my knees so i always run deca in my cycle ... id stay away from tren since it can effect your cardio on the ice ...

I guess what cycle you run depends on what you are trying to accomplish .. everyone has different goals and everyone is trying to achieve different results ...so guys gain 10 pounds throughout the season while others loose 10 pounds.. if i was one who was cutting id probably run an eca stack during the season .. just sucks sometimes trying to sleep after the game on the plane or bus when taking the stack before games ...

I also love B12 shots ... i find they help me recover faster and will boost my immune system when im not feeling good ... i tend to run 1000mcg at least 1X a week and 3X a week if im not feeling well or feel sluggish ...

Hope this helps

Alright. thanks alot for the help. Just one more thing. Its off season now, and im trying to train and eat EVERYTHING i possibly can to turn calories into muscle. Bad thing is, i kinda slipped into the use of some prohormones last summer. You may have heard of them, Primotest and Nandrotest by LMR Sports. I did about 1 1/2 bottles at 120 cc's each. I did this to turn that excess BF i had eversince i quit hockey in the 5th grade and started up again 2 years ago. I was at about 24% bf, at 159 lbs back then. After doing the prohormones, i drop my BF to about 10 %, and my total weight was about 150 lbs' And it really helped me gain a little more muscle at the time. One question is, since i made that huge mistake, will it affect how my body builds on MUSCLE mass. Right now i can say my test levels have never been this high before. Could be the reason y its hard for me to gain. Or is it just my genetics? Could the diet of my father in his past effect me? i know that before i was born he was inot some hardcore drugs like Coke, and X. Could this play a major role in me as well. Note: Reminder that im drug/alcohol free..only drugs i take during seasin is that inhaler i was perscribed, and the prohormes i took during a summer when i wsa 16...thats it( I KNOW I F****D UP) everything is back to normal with my body functions

Wow, that's a lot to answer and I'm not sure I'm qualified. First, I doubt the pro hormones did much to you for the long-term. They are nothing compared to AS. Second, if you're concerned about your test levels, go get a blood test from your doctor. I think you can even get it at a Quest lab without a prescription (although possibly not at your age). Third, while what your dad did could have an effect on his sperm, that's all that he transmitted to you (unlike your mom where you were in her womb for a while). So the only way it could make a difference is if your dad transferred a defective gene to you. But look, if you're playing hockey and otherwise healthy, I wouldn't obsess about it. Finally, I think you're worrying way too much. You're 17 years old, your body is going through a lot of changes, your metabolism is really high. Just keep doing the weightlifting 2-3x per week (without any drugs) and keep eating as much as you can (Nlarge shakes give you a lot of calories) and check in with your doctor on your test.

Then enjoy your youth -- it doesn't last forever -- leave the worrying to us old farts.

Thanks for helping me out guys. I really appreciated it.

Thread Information