skribbble is offline Member

So, does yoga make you slower?

I realize yoga is technically cardio, but it doesnt seem much of cardio. I have the video yoga for athletes with rodney yee and it seems nothing more then just stretching. I heard cardio makes your fast twitch muscles not as fast and i usually do yoga almost everyday. I do it for about 15 minutes before i go run and after yoga i am doing plyos and dynamic flexing type stuff that makes me explod. Let me knwo waht you guys think

kinetic12 is offline New Member
    If stretching helps with your speed why would it make you slower

exactly what i thought but i heard that aerobics takes away from your explosiveness

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    i can only see it helping you bro. flexibilty means longer strides, longer strides means speed, and we all know in this game SPEED KILLS. Infact i wa TV a bit ago and saw a couple NFL teams doing yoga durring pre season camp

DCB

Wow thanks for the replies. I know it helped me get even faster in summer i cant believe i let someone tell me it was gonna get me slow since its aerobic. Thanks dcb you really know your ****.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skribbble
    exactly what i thought but i heard that aerobics takes away from your explosiveness
    yeah aerobics do take away from your explosiveness, but yoga isn't the same kind of aerobic workout as step classes or cardio kick boxing. Yoga is done by many athletes in the NFL so I don't think it would be a bad idea. If it was they probably wouldn't do it. Yoga primarily focuses on flexibility

Thread Information