Thread: eligibility????

JJEB2 is offline Member

eligibility????

i played d3 football for a year and then was in trouble with the school so the following year i was living off campus and unable to play ball. took a year off. then came to my current school and its a d1aa. i was a soph this year eligibilty and school. i am currently having problems with the school and money and just got my ass in trouble again. so i probably am gonna have to leave. if i was to take the semester off and then transfer for ball next year to another d1 or d1aa school would i have to take the year off? idk know the rules. little help here. thanks

boistheman is offline Associate Member
    did u play at the D1aa school?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    yea d1aa. was a soph school and football wise. so if i take the year off required by the d1 schools will i be a jr or senior when i return?

Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    i believe when you tarnsfer within the division, you are allowed to practice, but cannot play in games, and you lose a year of eligibility.

dont quote me on that, but i believe thats how it works for d1, d1aa, d2, all except d3

Dude

football65 is offline New Member
    yea if you transfer from d1-aa to d1-aa youl have to sit out a year..not sure if u go from 1-aa to 1-a...but thats why a lot of guys from 1-a transfer to 1-aa because they dont gotta sit out a year

boistheman is offline Associate Member
    if you transfer up a division then you will have to sit out a year and they take away a year of eligibility so the answer is yea you will be a senior I believe.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedudex2000
    i believe when you tarnsfer within the division, you are allowed to practice, but cannot play in games, and you lose a year of eligibility.

dont quote me on that, but i believe thats how it works for d1, d1aa, d2, all except d3

Dude

i believe your right

JJEB2 is offline Member
    well i know if i go to d2 or d3 i am eligible. but since i haven't used my red shirt is there anything i could work out or since i took my year off that took my red shirt away?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    also if you look at the case of randy moss. he was kicked out of two division 1 schools and then ended up at Marshall so they had to have worked something out.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, u will lose a year, unless u go d2 or 3

dcn

jb1005 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by football65
    yea if you transfer from d1-aa to d1-aa youl have to sit out a year..not sure if u go from 1-aa to 1-a...but thats why a lot of guys from 1-a transfer to 1-aa because they dont gotta sit out a year
    IF you transfer up or in the same division you loose a year. if you go down you dont though.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Did they changed the rules? Because in my days LOL (feel old) they were no "Sanctions" it was a big fuzz in the NCAA between football and basketball anyway.

You can transfer to play ball in canada, and only lose 3 games of eligibilty.

Thread Information