jsimon is offline Associate Member

Good Wooden Bat?

Im 180 LBS 6'1 What do you suggest for bat size... 32 33 34? For wooden that is? Also What brand
    Last edited by jsimon; 01-28-2005 at 10:37 PM.

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    well i have always swung a 34in wood bat, i'm 6'1" 195, and as far as the name brand i like Rock Maple, X bats, but my favorite has to be Sam bat....maple is the only ones that i even think about using

Big Slick is offline Associate Member
    I use a brett. They last forever! Lots of pop too. 33 I'd reccommend for you. I Played college ball with 6'1" and taller people and noone ever used bigger than 33.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    for right now try out a C271, 34" / 31 oz with a cup.

later on if you want you can experiment with others. M110's, I19's, C243, etc...

weight and height really have nothing to do with what size bat you swing. i've seen small guys use big bats and bigger guys use smaller bats. it's all about what's comfortable - try to find something that you swing, not something that swings you.

if u are looking for a bat that'll last a long time and b hard to break or what not then maple is the only way to go, but if u r looking for a decent wood bat just for like bp and cages then like KeyMastur says, the C271 model is a very popular bat, but it is white ash and will warp and break easier but it will also b more friendly to your wallet

hobbitlifter is offline Junior Member
    33.Sam. Always use maple. great pop.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah it's def all about feel and whether u feel comfortable or not. I'm only 6'0 and the only bat that I can swing and feel comfortable with is a 34. And for wood, def go with maple, u can't go wrong there. Either an X-Bat or Sambat.

yayo is offline New Member
    Def maple is the best wood for a bat. bery strong... as for what size.. its all up to you bro.. I know people who use 32in. And you should get one with a cup... remember: less weight = faster bat speed = harder hit balls.

big swoll is offline Member
    Keymastur is right on....it doesn't matter how big you are....its all about what is comfortable.....like myself, im 5'10" but i swing a 34 and might switch to a 34.5.....currently i am swinging a c271...i like it alot....i like the big barrel of a m110 and c243, but i like the thiner handle of a c271....just experiment with some different bats and see what you like...ITS ALL ABOUT BEING COMFORTABLE

LD 18......why do you say that the c271 is only white ash....that is just the shape of the bat....it can be either ash or maple....i swing a c271 maple bat

as far as choosing ash or maple....i like maple just because of the durability...you dont even have to hit the ball with the logo up.....just grab it and swing....they are definately more expensive though if you dont have a good hook up....ash bats are less expensive, but they are also less durable....i think right now for you it would be good to buy ash and maybe try out a few different models

yea a lighter bat does equal bat speed but a heavier bat also creates more leverage through the ball also. so if u wanna get a faster bat with a metal then get a heavier wood.

goldglove is offline New Member
    r u ****tin me.... u shouldn't be playin baseball if u dont what size bat to
    use. have u ever played baseball. u must not be from the south
    its understandable.....u northern boys don't know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by goldglove
    r u ****tin me.... u shouldn't be playin baseball if u dont what size bat to
    use. have u ever played baseball. u must not be from the south
    its understandable.....u northern boys don't know any better.
    , u said exactly what i was thinkin, but i didn't wanna b too mean

hotcheese23 is offline New Member
    [COLOR=Blue]hey meat im a college level pitcher that was just drafted last year how the hell do you not know what size bat to use here's a tip the heavier you use the slower the swing the faster i look i suggest you get a clue or hung up the spikes

Cmore is offline Associate Member
    In case you still have not found a good wooden bat that you like, I would like to suggest a less expensive alternative. My friend and I make wooden bats in his shop. He is an engineer, so he purchased a lot of equipment and researched all the stuff. He created his own personal kiln even. Anyways, we use our bats in a baseball league we play in and they last and perform as well as any other wooden bat I have ever used. We sell them for $60 and can make them whatever length, knob-type, or whatever you want. Just a good less expensive alternative if I don't say so myself.
    Last edited by Cmore; 06-10-2005 at 01:24 PM.

Cmore is offline Associate Member
    O, yeah. We use only good quality maple.

hrodss7 is offline Junior Member
    x bat model 73 and louisville mg is the best.. i get those shitload of em from my boy play for double A.. i love model 73 with big ass knob

willpiazza31 is offline New Member
    I got a hold of a couple of Louisville Slugger 33 inch M9 C243's. Awesome bat. Wouldn't want to use anything else.

chest6 is offline Banned
    yup 33 maple is the way to go...mine is the sh**

johnny5 is offline New Member

Wood Bats

Check these guys, they got some sweet sticks. I don't know how they get so many pro models.

http://www.MLBdirect.com
    Last edited by johnny5; 07-19-2005 at 07:30 PM.

baseballJ121 is offline Junior Member
    I would swing what you feel is right. Cause i dont know how much you play or how your swing is but i would start with a 33' then move up to a 34'. Also maybe start out with a pro lite bat for a 34'. And skip the 33'. I like Glomar 271. Out of fullerton. That is what i am using. I swing 33' D-bats and Glomars cause that is what given to me.

chest6 is offline Banned
    i dunno about 34

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    i dunno about 34
    he should b fine swingin a 34 at his height and weight IMO. i've swung a 34 since i was 13 and ever had a prob with it.

Thread Information