Thread: HS film??

clampitt is offline Junior Member

HS film??

when sending film to a college ..what should you do??.

have your best game...?? have your top 3 games??, the whole season??...or a highlight reel?/.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    send film from different games but the camera focused on u....for example like a whole game just focused on u only

clampitt is offline Junior Member
    i dont have any film with just myself focused on..but i do have film sorta like that. Like on defense, it just shows the front 7-8, and no db's or safetys. And i play middle linebacker so that benefits me.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    u dont want film just focused on yourself. you want game film, coaches want to see how you play under all circumstances, not just when your playing well.

boistheman is offline Associate Member
    whatever you do don't send just a highlight tape, Im not saying don't send one at all but send other complete game tapes along with your highlight tape.

flyguy7 is offline Associate Member
    I say just send in film of one whole game, or just your best half. I made a video of highlight plays, but it was just for me

Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah just sending a higlight tape isnt always wise, you can make a mediocre player look pretty **** good by just showing a clip show of his best plays, but sending a whole game, or even half a game you are showing how you play at all times, at many different stages in the game. I had no highlight tape, i just sent out my 2 best games, and it worked **** well for me

Dude

SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    ok if your sending film of your junior season send highlights, w

then you are a senior send your best two games, and tack on the end of those games highlights like kickblocks, fumble recoveries for td, huge hits, you flipping out really intense, getting the team together to get a goalline stand and breaking them out and slapping their butts and getting them pumped and then getting a goalline stand (shows leadership ability) this would sell anyone considering your are of considerable size strength and speed

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boistheman
    whatever you do don't send just a highlight tape, Im not saying don't send one at all but send other complete game tapes along with your highlight tape.
    couldn't agree more, the coaches want to see you play a whole game, they want to see your highlights but the also need to see you mistakes as well, thus determining your potential.

nathanw21 is offline Member
    when i made mine with my coaches help. we put together a short highlight tape and ended it with 2 half's of two different games( your best games) so that they can see how you play in a the game. not just your best moments.

SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    you need a highlight, (this isnt just making tackles, this is making a tackle causing the fumble, picking up the fumble and taking to the house) big lead blocking off an interception or blocking field goal with your 40 inch vertical stuff like that, show them you can actually use your tools to embarass some one and that you go above and beyond your duty.

like i said take my advice, junior season needs the highlights this is first impression, senior needs games they want a hustler someone who goes balls out the entire game. Let them see your leadership get some one to continue taping after the play so they can see you congratulating your team mates when they do well. They defeniantly want team players.

also cause your a mike never go around a block, make sure you work on your forearm shiver once you get it right youll love it. It usually rapes lead blockers. coaches want to see some technique.

good luck

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My tape was 11 min long, composed of plays and a quarter of a game.

Half of my tape was showing how I was handling triple blocking, "Hey I spent my life with 3 guys blocking me".

It was funny to see the reactions of some university to my tape.

UNLV, UCF, RICE, NC were all over me, and some Universities such as New Mexico and West Virginia said I wasnt their type of lineman (PC way to say not interested)

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Oh yeah, do about half of you with closeup and the other half a more general aspects.

How many times I saw players sending films of themselve, with closeup, showing them as BIG DUDE when it fact they were midget

like: HAGE @ UTEP!

Thread Information