Thread: Ab Work

clampitt is offline Junior Member

Ab Work

I do ab's 4-5 days a week. Usually 200 crunches a day..and i rotate side bends and other variations every other day. Should i be doing more if i want a strong core for football? Or should i just keep it the same?

.....How much abs do you guys do a week?

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    abs are like any other body part, doing 200 reps is unnecessary. if you want them to get strong do sets of about 10 reps with heavy weight. i do abs twice a week and do 3x10 decline situps with a 35lb. plate.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i do abs four times a week. one day its just leg lifts 3x12 which i think using the arm stabiliziers amd a pull up bar is the best for core developement. then i do med ball. side to side with a partner. count up to two side to side, pass, count two four side to side, pass...ect ect. then i do decline sit ups with a 25 pound weight 5x10 hold at a point which you feel it the best for a 5 sec count. these kick the **** out of my abs. lb55blitz is right abs are like any other muscle. i am just followin a routine so it calls for me to do this.

SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    medicine ball can be one of your greatest assets, I prefer doing these things where you sit on the ground and put your legs up, then you hold the ball in your hands and touch it to the ground switching sides. Also the standing torso twists are great like holding a 45plate out you rotate from side to side

Squatting with bands is great it allows you to develop core stability because the bands try to swing you around.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    yea u explained it better sicknasty thats what iw as tryin to explain hahha.

Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    when i do abs, i do it for time not reps, beginning of the program we do 45 seconds of crunches, 30 seconds of bicycle, 40 seconds each of cross body crunches, 30 seconds of flutter kicks, 30 seconds of legs lifts. thats just the beginning of the program, as the weeks progress we double the times

Dude

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    my coach/trainer has us do something like this(each goes for about 15 seconds, 5 second rest in between):
    crunches
    crossover
    reverse crossover
    reach ups
    rowing situps
    bicycle
    crunch where we put our legs to the right or left for obliques, name??

its pretty intense actually, ive had some good results from it.

Thread Information