Thread: Help with speed

skribbble is offline Member

Help with speed

IM anal as hell about speed so i was wondering if any of these things could possibly Hurt me in any way shape or form.

1. Swimming, i usually swim 2 laps after i do a power lifting workout. Is this hurting my lifting or anything in anyway? Also would it be better to do swimming after lifting or my running days?

2. After swimming i have my pwo shake. Is this ok?

3. After my pwo shake, i wait abuot 5 minutes then i go into the pool for 3 minutes and jsut stand there, then the hottub for 3 minutes and just sit there. I do this contrast for 3 minutes each place and about 3 times each. Is this effecting me in any bad way?

Im sure someone is going to think my questions are retarded, but i just have to know. I dont want to be doing something wrong and then find out. Gotta be perfect to get down to a 4.2 so everything matters.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i wouldn't say its hurting you that much. but just as doin cardio after lifting there is a chance you will lose the muscle you just gained. i would say it would be best to incorporate the swimming on ur running days. i would say if you changed the swimming to the day u run then 3 is out the window. it is imperative to get the proper carbs/protein after a workout to provide glycogen to the muscles. soaking in the pool and tub can be beneficial after a workout but just make sure within 20 mins of lifting you consume a shake. i would go in the cold whirlpool after lifting to take the aches and pains out of my muscles. the next day i felt so good. so i say swim on running days and soak after lifting. these are just my opinions bc idk if there are any definite answers bc its ur body and u know it better than any of us but i will retirate that you need proper carbs and protein pwo. and too much after a heavy lifting day will then deminish the muscle you just created.

skribbble is offline Member
    ****, thanks so much just the information i needed. JEEB you always come through on my questions. YOu play ball anywhere?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i did at a d1aa school in the NEC but some **** went down. i am tryin to get it all straightened out. i was a **** up in high school and didn't put myself out there for schools so i screwd myself. but its not where u start its where u end up

Thread Information