beaver is offline New Member

Steroids in minor league baseball

I have just sat through the minor baseball steroid meeting and it seem's very strict this year, Frist time you get caught you will get 15 game no pay suspenion, does anyone know anyway around this testing so i will not get cought.

thanks

PS: you can get tested up to 4 times a year.
    Last edited by beaver; 03-17-2005 at 07:28 PM.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    What kind of test are they going to do? Urine, Blood work, Voice Stress??

By the way, as a pro ball player, do you think that it has anything to do with enhancing your ability to hit the ball? Not so much for more power, but actual ball hitting skills?

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    no AAS do not help you hitting in terms of eye hand coordination, that is all a God given ablity and devlopment over time and hard work. BUT the extra muscle gains will help balls that u don't square up completely have enough pop to carry over the wall or into gaps.

beaver is offline New Member
    I'm a pitcher and like LD said it does not help for hand eye coordination but it will make you hit the ball further, but one of the main thing's with taking it as a hitter is that you will be stronger so you will have a quicker swing, that mean's you can stay back on the ball alot longer, so if it's a fast ball you can wait till you are sure then still have a quick swing to hit it, if it's a curve ball ,because you are waiting you still have time to see that it is a curve and still hit it hard.

it will be a urine test.

Quote Originally Posted by beaver
    I'm a pitcher and like LD said it does not help for hand eye coordination but it will make you hit the ball further, but one of the main thing's with taking it as a hitter is that you will be stronger so you will have a quicker swing, that mean's you can stay back on the ball alot longer, so if it's a fast ball you can wait till you are sure then still have a quick swing to hit it, if it's a curve ball ,because you are waiting you still have time to see that it is a curve and still hit it hard.

it will be a urine test.
    that is 100% true...u dont have to be huge to hit homers u just gotta have a quick swing...just take a look at alfonso soriano...hes not big at all yet he still hits bombs cause of his swing

Monsoon says is offline Associate Member
    Yea lotta things gotta go right in order to hit a homer.

**** **** **** the police...as well as the Feds!

just kidding...hahaha...i don't want to be singled out for a bust...lol

Thread Information