asuballer25 is offline New Member

Injury need advice

I partially tore my hamstring a week ago. What creams/supplements could someone recommend to speed up the recovery. The doctor says just time to heal I don’t have much time.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    keep icein' it and resting it. if the joint hurts some tylenol might help. other then that ice and heat ice and heat

DCB

rub some myoflex or icyhot into your hamstring to ease the pain...

skribbble is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 19inchpythons
    rub some myoflex or icyhot into your hamstring to ease the pain...
    yeah ease the pain but wont help with anything. When the medication is not effective anymore your hamstring will still be as bad as it was. Key thing here is ICE... I would not advice to use heat here. Ice is key, the stretching that needs to be done should be easy. When you stretch, you dont want to feel a stretch in your hamstring, if you feel a burn you are stretching too much.

Hamstrings cant repair themselves. The muscles around the torn hamstring muscle are what need to be strengthened in order to make the torn hamstring no llonger affect (sp?) you. Ive had my share of hammy injuries.

hey again buddy

heat can ease the pain after stretching....you're right, stretching is the only way to fully recover from a pulled hamstring

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    depending on how bad it is you might not want to stretch it for at least one week, stretching can make it worse at the beginning of recovery. (I know I tore mine last year). Get Muscle STEM with heat and stretch after. Prone hamstring curls are the best for strengthening a weak hamstring, but the main thing is don't rush it. It will feel good and then you will push it to hard and then pull it again. And every time you pull it...it takes longer to heal.

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevation

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asuballer25
    I partially tore my hamstring a week ago. What creams/supplements could someone recommend to speed up the recovery. The doctor says just time to heal I don’t have much time.
    creams and supps really not gonna speed recovery. pulled hammy needs time. if you can get some ketasone cream from the doc, that will help with the soreness. that stuff is great. its got ibuprofen, lidocaine, ketamine and some other junk mixed in there too.

ChemDietMIC is offline Junior Member
    i did the same thing. Ice and strech for 2 weeks then heat and strech with minor excercises

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemDietMIC
    i did the same thing. Ice and strech for 2 weeks then heat and strech with minor excercises

DO NOT ICE then stretch a cold muscle.

Thread Information