Will Kwame Pull a Jermaine O'Neil?

Does Kwame have the talent, and just need a fresh start on a new team? I want everyones opinion, why isn't he producing. Who thinks he has the potential to be something special? What are his weaknesses? Hopefully Knicks sign him and he becomes an all-star :-D (it'll never happen with all that media pressure I know..)

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    no kwame was a complete waste of time and money for the wizards

RATM is offline Senior Member
    He is definatly not shown any "potential" that the wizards saw when they drafted him out of HS. He is yet another example, Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry, Desanga Diop, Darius Miles, of why I like the proposal for the minimum age requirement. For every Kobe, Lebron, or KG, there are failures, sometimes more than just one for each of them. Carmelo could have come out after high school, but for nothing else, he got 1 year of College at Cuse, a national championship, and several games that put amazing pressure on him, all which helped him succeed. Dwayne Wade finished third (i think) in the Illinois Mr. Basketball behind Darius Miles and I believe that Wade the two years he spent at Marquette helped him tremendously and has him holding a NBA championship ring very soon, while Miles has played for 4 teams already and is a little more than a role player or that infamous, player to be named later....

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    "Kwame is a flaming faggot" - Michael Jordan

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    I cant wait till that loser leaves my team.....

Baba is offline Associate Member
    No talent.

itsjinx is offline Associate Member
    kwame blows

Reptile is offline Associate Member
    i highly doubt hes gonna become a jermaine oneil, even though it did takes years for J.O to become a solid player, there are variables as to why this may have happened. J.O started his career on a very good portland team at the time, they were competitive every year and playing to make it out of the west, therfore there was very little time to experiment with oneil, and he had a very short leash going into the game. On the other hand, kwame went to the lowly wizards, who were willing to have him start right away and play 40 minutes a game. He got plenty of run on the wizards, pletny of time to develop (which J.O did not) and he showed no sighns of improvement or progress.
    he was hyped up to be great because jordan drafted him, but take a look at how poor of a GM jordan really was and youll realize that not much could be ecpected from him in the front office. A great player does not mean a good scout of talent, there is a hige difference. scouting talent is very difficult and there are a few people that do it very well, and jordan was probably not one of them.

supermax21 is offline New Member
    I disagree regarding Kwame's talent. In the summer league before his first year he was unreal. I know it was the summer league, but in one game he just used Antoine Walker over and over again. Kept beating him off the dribble with his LEFT hand. I thought he was something special after that.

Too bad the head doesn't match up with the athletic ability.

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile
    i highly doubt hes gonna become a jermaine oneil, even though it did takes years for J.O to become a solid player, there are variables as to why this may have happened. J.O started his career on a very good portland team at the time, they were competitive every year and playing to make it out of the west, therfore there was very little time to experiment with oneil, and he had a very short leash going into the game. On the other hand, kwame went to the lowly wizards, who were willing to have him start right away and play 40 minutes a game. He got plenty of run on the wizards, pletny of time to develop (which J.O did not) and he showed no sighns of improvement or progress.
    he was hyped up to be great because jordan drafted him, but take a look at how poor of a GM jordan really was and youll realize that not much could be ecpected from him in the front office. A great player does not mean a good scout of talent, there is a hige difference. scouting talent is very difficult and there are a few people that do it very well, and jordan was probably not one of them.
    i agree, J.O. was benched and never showcased any of his talent on portland, while Brown has had plenty of playing time and has nothing to show for it.

Thread Information