Thread: Division I

Mr.NiceGuy32 is offline New Member

Division I

I need to get my forty down to like a 4.6 and i currently run a 4.83, who knows how i can improve it quickly?

skribbble is offline Member
    speed ladder, stretch, lose body fat

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    increase you strength bro, if you can stay around the same weight and increase you leg strength you will get faster without a doubt.....SQUAT. Also keep your flexibility

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i cannot stress enough how important stretching is. stretch before and after workouts strength and speed. stretch upon rising and before bed. lose bf, all depends on the weight training you use, explosive movements, the regimen you use for speed training. skribble has a good thread in the football forum on what he does. check it out.

Timyr is offline New Member
    Use GHB on 0,5-1 gramme day, it will appreciablly improve your results.

Shortyrock13 is offline Associate Member
    The squat comment is partially correct. You'll want to lift for speed and explosive power to improve your 40 time. Try to keep most of your lifts in the under 6 rep range, with 2-3 min rest between sets... you're not really looking for muscle hypertrophy.. which is best addressed with lifting in the 8-12 rep range. For your lifts concentrate on having a good solid negative... probably a 3 second count, and then an explosive lift... 1 second or under. As always practice good form. Your explosive power is built in the 6 and under rep range. Thats what you need.

skribbble is offline Member
    what is GHB Timyr?

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Shortyrock is on the right track, explosive movements ie.. powercleans, box squats with bands both would help. Also plyometric exercises.

Also be sure to work on the proper areas (Starting speed.. the first 2 steps, and acceleration... starting speed plus the time it takes for you to reach top speed. Top speed is only held for a few seconds and is useless in most sports and 99% the worlds athletes will never see top speed in a 40.)

Practicing starts with a belt and bands attatched in the back is a great means of increasing starting speed. You may also want to try starts with dragging a weighted sled, or one of those harness parachutes. If you don't have access to any of the above you can simply tie a weight to a length of rope then tie the other end around your waist or the back of a lifting belt and just do 10 yard burst. then reset and go again however be sure not to overtrain.

Hope this helps and gives you a place to start.

xxxl83

Timyr is offline New Member
    Sodium oxybate HO-CH2-CH2-CH2-C=O
    |
    ONa
    More in detail look search.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    ghb will not increase you speed. Sport specific and position specific training and drills will

xxxl83

Outlaw4life is offline New Member
    on the same topic, i do stretch all the time, what is a good way to lose bodyfat while speed training. Does a lot of Core strength like abs and stuff help with speed to?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    ur core is one of the most important things not only ur stomach but ur back muscles suck as lumbar. these help with balance, stability and in hand will increase a persons speed. bf i would say diet. i have dieted the past three weeks and have seen very noticeable changes. i would say as much as 1%bf lose maybe 2. its all about diet and start to hit the runnin.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    There is no easy way to get faster. Getting faster is common sense... you gotta work harder.

Weight Trian Harder
    Run Longer
    Stretch More
    Eat Better

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    plyometrics

Shaka is offline Junior Member
    20-40yd. Hill sprints

moregunsthanroses is offline Associate Member
    GHB for speed isnt that the date rape drug

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Your core is EXTREEMLEY important.
    especially the lower portion of your abdominals.
    Posture and form is very key when it comes to cutting time.
    Being lighter is also good so do what eveyone else says and be as lean as possible.
    Get some books on sprinting form, they will help.
    If you have a parachute that helps.
    My track coach used to have me add a penny each day to my ankle weights.
    I used to push my friends old beat up Eldorado for forty, That was a workout!
    Getting stronger will help, but I think what will help more is fine tuning you technique and posture,
    making sure there is no wasted movement.
    I would advise trying to make your core stronger, stretch ALOT, do sprints with resistence, and just push yourself as hard as you can, keep your diet clean and take any supplements that help the nervous system, cuz when it comes down to it, besides fibertyping (which is pretty much predetermined) Your nervous system is right up there, it has everything to do with everything.

Good luck,
    you can do it bro, if you you want it bad enough!

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Get athletic massages, deep tisssue.
    Especially in the lower back.
    Your muscles are what control the positions your bones and joints are in.
    So if you have tight muscles that can cause all kinds of problems you dont even know you have.
    Lets just pretend that your lower back muscles are really tight and they are causing your lumbar vertebrea to be overly compressed and maybe putting added pressure on the nerves running down your spine that control your legs.
    You could very well be walking around not knowing that you have some impingement on your nerves.
    If that is true then you will be significantly weaker than what you should be.
    My right pec and triceps, biceps are weakened greately cuz of the ruptured disk I had that was impinging on the nerve that controlled those muscles.
    Two months ago, I couldnt do 3 lbs on the tricep extension, I couldnt curl more that five pounds. I am much better now but you see what I am talking about!
    It will make a world of difference.
    Most people walk around with bad posture, and that is just no good for you.
    That is why your core is so important.

So think about it, but if you want to do it
    then probably go see a shiatsu dude and acupuncture, then a chiropracter.
    Chiropracter last if you want, but definitly last cus whats the point of realigning your spine when your muscles are jacked up and gona put them back they way they were.
    Its a lot of info and a lot to do.
    Take what you want from this and good luck!

LL08 is offline Member
    GHB or "G" is a very old body building drug which has popped up lately in the club scene and incidently is a date rape drug. It increases horniness and decreases ones ability to resist. At raves and clubs dozens of people have G'ed out whereby they fall into a deep deep sleep - most wake up. Now this is how body-builders used the drug in the 80's. From memory it puts you instantly or speeds up the time it takes you to get into REM sleep whereby your muscles are regenerated, etc. I personally haven't heard of it in the T & F neighbourhood which i am very involved with.

For you your best bet would be IGF-1 if you are after a QUICK improvement this is steroid .com afterall. Of course it all depends...are you tested / how often, what have you done before. Actually for speed there are a hundred and one substances I can personally vouch have worked very effectively for athletes upto Olympic standard. Just let me know if this is something you would consider. With AAS and hormones 0.8-1+ is very achievable over the hundred in 6 months even once you have reached your genetic peak.

As for training I would say the most important thing to do is illiminate any restriction in your stride from your upper body and for that you need to streth out the tendons and muscles in your arms very well, watch the Olympic 100m runners very loose and relaxed. Also any increase in leg flexibility would be valuable but all this should be done at the same time as AAS and hormones. Again, just depends what you want...Let me know mate,

Cheers
    -LL

LL08 is offline Member
    PM me if you like - re: training or otherwise

gthirty6ptime is offline New Member
    plyometrics

2davidbostonjr1 is offline Junior Member
    u can run some var and winny but it will only help it cant make things worse u just need to put in hard work and u will get ur speed up

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    i wouldnt resort to juice just yet, PLYOMETRICS garunteed will improve your speed, my old high school ran a class after school 3 times a week. If you do not know what plyos r either read up on them and find some good exercises to do, they are great for speed n your vertical, also lifting with lon negatives and explosive posatives will help also

LL08 is offline Member
    Any good plymetric refs?

Thread Information