Ace2345 is offline New Member

Track Sprinter - Var

Stats
    5'9" 193 lbs

I am a track sprinter and Im looking to increase my speed. I ran a personal best 10.89 last season in the 100 Meter dash and a consistant low 11.00.
    I weighed 183-184 last track season and Ive gained 10lbs since last season bulking for football. I can tell Ive lost a step and I want to regain it and also add some strength on my lifts.

I plan on using 45mg Var per day for 6-8 weeks during track season, followed 50mg Clomid per day for 15-20 days. I also have milk thistle and hawthorne berry extract to use while on cycle. I chose Var over Winstrol because Winny can stay in your system for too long and it causes joint pain and such.

One good question though - Since Var causes very good pumps, should this be something to worry about during track meets? What results should I expect?

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    try sum winstrol brother

I cant do that. Ive got to get drug tested when I get to college so I cant take the risk of the Winny still being in my system.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    If I were you I would lower the dose to like 30mg because you don't want to gain weight you just want to get stronger. RIGHT

For the most part correct. During track, I will be burning alot of calories, so it will be pretty hard to gain weight right? If my legs get stronger and my lifts more explosive and I dont gain weight, wouldnt this equal improved speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace2345
    For the most part correct. During track, I will be burning alot of calories, so it will be pretty hard to gain weight right? If my legs get stronger and my lifts more explosive and I dont gain weight, wouldnt this equal improved speed?
    Im not an experianced with this but I would say yes you should be able to gain some speed. Not saying like a whole second but maybe .1-3 tenths of a second better then what you would have naturally ran.

Alright, Im going to start with the 30mg per day and go from there. Ive read that some types of steroids may interfere with your cardiovascular endurance, but 30 mg of var per day shouldnt hurt should it?

skribbble is offline Member
    you shouldnt even be doing much cardio so i wouldnt worry about it. Too much cardio will actually eliminate fast twitch muscle fibers in your body and convert them to slow twitch. You're a sprinter im assuming so i wouldnt worry about the cardio. From what ive read about var, it helps with cardio or seems like it should.

LL08 is offline Member
    anavar plays with cardio in a bad way. If you were a longer distance runner stay away. For 100m it will be fine. keep in mind var is still testable to about a month with the olympic tests. College ones probably 2 weeks as these are less sensitive.

LL

Quote Originally Posted by LL08
    anavar plays with cardio in a bad way. If you were a longer distance runner stay away. For 100m it will be fine. keep in mind var is still testable to about a month with the olympic tests. College ones probably 2 weeks as these are less sensitive.

LL
    I was hoping you were going to reply to this thread because you are more knowledgeable then me in the track part but I am knowledgeable in the feild parts.

LL
    Yeah Im am sticking to 100M and 200M at the most, so hopefully Im fine. Ive been on at 30mg for a week and I dont know if the Var had anything to do with my workout this early, but I did have a good workout on Friday. Ill keep you guys posted.

LL08 is offline Member
    Yeah Im am sticking to 100M and 200M at the most, so hopefully Im fine. Ive been on at 30mg for a week and I dont know if the Var had anything to do with my workout this early, but I did have a good workout on Friday. Ill keep you guys posted.
    For a 100m - 200m runner var will work wonders. Strength should be up plenty. You might struggle a bit more with your interval work but I've run some very quick times off it. Be careful though because if your main cause of slowing down was technique don't use the var to compensate. Get your tecnique, flexibility and reaction time back asap. 30mg is a pretty low dose you could even up this slightly considering you are doing PCT.

Next things to look into for you would be Insulin , hgh, igf-1 and test prop and when your ready PM me re: some other toys.. all will be very handy even for recovery and reaction time. but my advise would be that you get your training, flexibility and technique back to your best before you play with these toys. Also drop your weight down as much as possible and with increased flexibilty, less bf% and better technique you will fly.

-LL

LL08 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky B
    I was hoping you were going to reply to this thread because you are more knowledgeable then me in the track part but I am knowledgeable in the feild parts.
    Lucky the t&f board has us...

For a 100m - 200m runner var will work wonders. Strength should be up plenty. You might struggle a bit more with your interval work but I've run some very quick times off it. Be careful though because if your main cause of slowing down was technique don't use the var to compensate. Get your tecnique, flexibility and reaction time back asap. 30mg is a pretty low dose you could even up this slightly considering you are doing PCT.

Next things to look into for you would be Insulin , hgh, igf-1 and test prop and when your ready PM me re: some other toys.. all will be very handy even for recovery and reaction time. but my advise would be that you get your training, flexibility and technique back to your best before you play with these toys. Also drop your weight down as much as possible and with increased flexibilty, less bf% and better technique you will fly.

-LL
    Everything sounds good. Ive been on at 30 mg for a 1 1/2 weeks, if I bumped to 45 mg on monday, what would that do weight wise? I checked in yesterday on my weight and it was 196 so I cant be adding too many more pounds.

As for the track meets, the last two have been cancelled due to weather but Ive still gotten in some practices, leg lifting days and plyometrics.

-LL
    Yes igf-1 would be great for mostly any sport really. But like LL08 said you maybe the fastest in the world but without technique you are as slow as me.

LL08 is offline Member
    Everything sounds good. Ive been on at 30 mg for a 1 1/2 weeks, if I bumped to 45 mg on monday, what would that do weight wise? I checked in yesterday on my weight and it was 196 so I cant be adding too many more pounds.

As for the track meets, the last two have been cancelled due to weather but Ive still gotten in some practices, leg lifting days and plyometrics.
    You have a good point you stand to gain some weight from the bump up. IF your getting good results from 30 don't bump it up if not bump it up i'd say possibly 1kg-2kg max diff.

-LL

I ran a 11.61 100 Meter,electronic timing on saturday. Cold, windy, 52 degrees. Will keep you all updated. I run again on Tuesday and Saturday.

LL08 is offline Member
    Cheers sounds like a good idea keeping us updated. Also include how you think the var is effecting you...ru slower/faster? Cheers.

LL

11.59 100 meter dash today. 55 degrees, slight breeze. I had a bad start, some kid jumped and they didnt call a false start, so I was way behind out of the blocks because of it. Track was horrible absolutely horrible, some kind of concrete, I caught up to the guy and was gaining speed but was slipping all over the place, got 1st.

200 Meter dash was a 23.8. Ran great up to the 150-160 mark, was in the lead, then I hit a wall and got passed in the last 10 meters or so. Came in 3rd.

I am really liking the Var. Strength is up in all lifts, more vascularity, my back is getting wider, some small stretch marks on the backside of my armpits leading to my back. Weighed in at 199 today.

you feel more explosive with var only?

Can you give a little more detailed question please?

100m champ is offline Member
    How much did var help.. do you feel that you can reccover more quicker after training
    Last edited by 100m champ; 05-04-2005 at 05:28 PM.

I would say it has helped in recovery. Im not sure how much, but I will let you know as I keep using it.

I would say it has helped in recovery. Im not sure how much, but I will let you know as I keep using it.
    After another week on, I would say that it has helped alot in recovery, both lifting and running. My lifts are still going up.

I ran a 11.53 electronic 100 meter dash on saturday. My 40,60,80 meters are fine, Im just struggling those last few meters. I would attribute that to not practicing as much as I should. I have to lift upperbody, do plyos, lift legs for football, so Im sure those little 150 pounders arent doing all that stuff.

My jumps are also getting better each week.I run again on saturday, will keep you updated.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    dude, 5'9 200 lbs dont expect to get too much faster. not a flame at all, but honest.

I mean do you feel more explosive... First step and you're at full speed. Doing olympic lifts do you feel like a monster and do heavy weight with great speed? do you feel a more springy effect when you jump?

Skribble, yes I do feel more explosive. Squats the other day felt very easy like I said and I felt like I could do plenty more sets.

11.47 100 Meter electronic timed today. There was also a decent headwind and it was still my best time of the year. Also ran my best 200 of the year also.

Quote Originally Posted by TestTubeBaby
    dude, 5'9 200 lbs dont expect to get too much faster. not a flame at all, but honest.
    I know, just trying to get it down as much as possible.

11.18 100 meter dash
    23.22 200 meter dash
    around 70 degrees. slight wind at back.

LL08 is offline Member
    11.18 100 meter dash
    23.22 200 meter dash
    around 70 degrees. slight wind at back.
    Great improvement. what is your PB. What would you be running naturally (roughly) from past experience?

What week are we on

-LL

LL08 is offline Member
    Stats
    5'9" 193 lbs

I am a track sprinter and Im looking to increase my speed. I ran a personal best 10.89 last season in the 100 Meter dash and a consistant low 11.00.
    I weighed 183-184 last track season and Ive gained 10lbs since last season bulking for football. I can tell Ive lost a step and I want to regain it and also add some strength on my lifts.

I plan on using 45mg Var per day for 6-8 weeks during track season, followed 50mg Clomid per day for 15-20 days. I also have milk thistle and hawthorne berry extract to use while on cycle. I chose Var over Winstrol because Winny can stay in your system for too long and it causes joint pain and such.

One good question though - Since Var causes very good pumps, should this be something to worry about during track meets? What results should I expect?
    Just answered half of my own question. Hmm I wonder where you would be at without the var. Drop your weight back to 180 get your bf% down to 6% and you should fly in comparison. We're talking Pbs and such.

-LL

LL08 haven't seen you in a while.

Just answered half of my own question. Hmm I wonder where you would be at without the var. Drop your weight back to 180 get your bf% down to 6% and you should fly in comparison. We're talking Pbs and such.

-LL
    I would say without the var, I would probably be 11.3 to 11.4 best. I cant drop my weight because I gained it on purpose for football. I wanted to keep the weight and drop my times, that was my goal and I believe it is working. I am finishing up week 5 tommorow.

It looks like var helped you alot.. How much did you improve on your bench and squats and overall strength while on it alone.

LL08 is offline Member
    LL08 haven't seen you in a while.
    Will be back very soon, I've been researching a lot on legal / illegal supplements and various other chems on medical boards and journal sites. That has been taking up the majority of my online time. I will be back to share the info shortly though,

I'll be in touch Nicky B.

Cheers

-LL

tank22 is offline New Member
    Nice times for your size, I was a 100,200,400 guy in HS...I was your weight at 5'5". I wish I would've had some var or winny, haha. Most of the weight you're probably gaining is comming from the volumizing effect of phosphocreatine. My suggestion would be to take a mild diuretic and see where your weight stands, nothing too strong. Also, the more glycogen you can store, the better your endurance will be, you might want to look into some HgH research and see if you can find a way to get some of the glucose storage drugs used to counter hypoglcemia. Great job with the times, whats your 40?

I havent timed a 40 since last year. I am guessing a 4.4 hand held though. My bench max hasnt gone up as much as I thought, but I can rep out more and have more endurance while lifting. My squat has gone up about 30 lbs though.

Regional Pre-lims today

11.26 100 meter , They broke up the top 3 runners into seperate heats so I had no competition in my heat. I hope to run a better time on Saturday.
    23.16 200 meter - that ties my PR in that event from last year.

I weighed myself after the meet after eating supper and I was 197 lbs.

Alright as my cycle is almost coming to an end, when I start to take my clomid and milk thistle, what time of day should I take them? And should I just put the clomid into a shot glass and just take it down like a shot? Is 50 mg a day sufficent?

For just var clomid at 50mg is fine.

For just var clomid at 50mg is fine.
    Wouldnt chryson are anything like that be good after var, if you dont like having that blurry feeling in your eyes from clomid?

Thread Information