cdogge is offline Associate Member

Arena Football league

Does anybody know what kind of money these guys make?...

TheNextBigThing is offline Associate Member

Not much

I know that the many players are around 70 grand a year or less (I will have to double check that because I think they actually make less than that) and only a select few make triple digits. Most guys could make more money just getting a normal job and not sacrificing their bodies.

keithquig is offline Associate Member
    mmost guys have normal jobs in the AFL i know a few that work as RN's or delivery drivers when they are not playing.

hmm.. Yeah i didn't figure it was much..But Is there anybody out there that knows for sure?

heckler45_2000 is offline Associate Member
    30,000-120,000 a season depending on how good you are of course. Only a select few from the team make the higher end money.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler45_2000
    30,000-120,000 a season depending on how good you are of course. Only a select few from the team make the higher end money.
    You know this how?...Not a flame..j/w

My best friend just finished his 4th year in the league. Like I said only a select few get the big bucks. It really is not a bad living at all. First the teams are in alot of good cities. Second the season lasts from Jan. -May for most the teams not including playoffs. This leaves 6-7 months of other work that usually is not a bad job that depending on pay they could pull in thousands of more dollars for the year. So if you make 45,000 yr playing and another 15,000 during the offseason your looking at a decent year plus all the other amenities that come with playing arena ball in a good city.
    P.S. Something ive seen that I think is funny about Arena football though is all the guys who think they can play since its not the NFL. Each team has tryouts and im talking like 300 people come and try out . Im thinkin it kinda like american Idol everyone thinks their that good so they just up and decide to try out for a pro team how stupid. The problem is most AFL players have played in the NFL some for many years. Its just not some horrible players go to a teams site and read their profiles their no pushovers.

keithquig is offline Associate Member
    the average salary is 36k and like the guy said before 100k is as high as they go this is from the mercury news Improved salaries -- the average is just over $36,000 -- and benefits help explain why more NFL players than ever see the league as a viable way to prolong their careers. The SaberCats, for instance, have players who appeared in the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl.

thanks for the info guys....Yeah I agree...the guys that play are pretty good no doubt...I was actually thinking about trying out for the team in oklahoma city...they are arena 2...

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdogge
    thanks for the info guys....Yeah I agree...the guys that play are pretty good no doubt...I was actually thinking about trying out for the team in oklahoma city...they are arena 2...
    a good friend of mine played a-2. he played d-end for louiville then got caught in the loop. real tall 6-6. too light for interior line, not fast enough for end. i have a couple of friends who play d on a pro team and they got him a walk on, but they said he wasnt even close.

do you know what kind of money you buddy made in arena 2?

I know this to bro like $250-$500 they make nothing.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdogge
    do you know what kind of money you buddy made in arena 2?
    im pretty sure it was around 600 week. i dont know if that was year round or just during season.

again...thanks for the info guys

Thread Information