Nicky B is offline Senior Member

Something I find very funny.

Some of you may know that I threw the shotput in college but had a shoulder injury and you know what happened next I was finished. Well I took steroids mostly to be able to throw farther and best throw got over 19.5m which is around 62 feet which is pretty good. Since Olympians throw around 21m-23m which 66-75feet. Anyway I came across this site www.throwclean.com now this is a Olympic shotputter advocating throw clean. He is good but that is just funny sh*t.

Big M is offline Associate Member
    Hey Nicky B I stared out my sports carier with shotput... placed 4th in the swedish championships (the competition was´nt devistating)

Quote Originally Posted by Big M
    Hey Nicky B I stared out my sports carier with shotput... placed 4th in the swedish championships (the competition was´nt devistating)
    What could you throw. Saying you got 4th you must have threw over sixty feet. It sux I'm out of the sport, coach said in a few years I could have turned bro. And made $250,000 a year.

Na That was 4 years ago when I was 16, (20 now) So the thing was just 5kg Did about 14 meters. My main event was actually Diskus, Think i still have the district record (42 meters when I was 15 (1,5 kg))

Why did you quit??

Shoulder injury. Actually I could have kept competing but the doctor said that would probably mean me dislocating my shoulder every meet. Not worth it but I'm thinking of becoming a high school throwers coach so will see.

Good idéa can see in the picture (if its you) that your doing it rotating, Good!! wich someone could have tought me that, We´re a bit after overhere would say that just 10-20% does it rotating style. My techniqe suckt! I was MUCH stronger than the others. could almost bench and sqat twice as much and yet they were better. So make sure you teach them how to shotput before you teach them how to bench 400

Do the shotput pros really make thet much money!!!??? even the best sprinters does´nt make thet kind of money overhere. I mean dont you have to be at least top 10 in the world to make money out of T&F

Good idéa can see in the picture (if its you) that your doing it rotating, Good!! wich someone could have tought me that, We´re a bit after overhere would say that just 10-20% does it rotating style. My techniqe suckt! I was MUCH stronger than the others. could almost bench and sqat twice as much and yet they were better. So make sure you teach them how to shotput before you teach them how to bench 400

Do the shotput pros really make thet much money!!!??? even the best sprinters does´nt make thet kind of money overhere. I mean dont you have to be at least top 10 in the world to make money out of T&F
    If that was me in the pic then I would not be here. That's my shotput idol, its Adam Nelson who is a pro and is on the site I first said in the starting thread. I like him because are stats are pretty close. He is 6'0 I'm 6'1 He is 250lbs I'm 240lbs. As for the money 1st place at a meet in the pro level wins 25,000 and he does like 8-12meets a year I think. And when I was in college I did the rotation because the glide is only better when you are 6'5 or taller.

avizzle is offline New Member

Go shot

Yeah i threw shot in HS and some in college but stuff prevented me from keeping the ride going. I kind of disagree though with the shot rule because i wam 6-2 and in high school maybe an inch shorter, i dunno, but glide worked well for me. I couldnt get my feet to go in the right place. Its wierd because my football coaches all told me that i had great feet and yet I damn near messed myself up bigtime trying to throw shot rotational. Funny stuff. Just throwing in my .02
    Avizzle

Okay Yeah I´ts a difficult sport, I´ve done all the throws in T&F and shotput was the hardest, Hammer was actually quite easy when you got the hang of it (looks harder than it is) In shot put I always fellt like the power went In a different direction then the shot.

I also liked to throw the jav. Because I threw it so far it was cool. My best throw was over 190feet which took 5th place at the meet I threw it. That was in highschool.

did some of that to Liked it alot also, was´nt very good tho Since you rotating have´nt you do some diskus?

did some of that to Liked it alot also, was´nt very good tho Since you rotating have´nt you do some diskus?
    Only for relays when the coach made me do it. I think its the dumbest throw next to the hammer. But my best was over 150feet.

Thread Information