Thread: Size for Hockey

HockeyMonster9 is offline New Member

Size for Hockey

I got a question, i am in my last year playin college hockey. I play D3, so it is nothing crazy, but i love it and it is competetive hockey none the less. It is about 2 months away until practices start up, and i am looking to gain a little more size for my last season. I am 5'10 and i weigh 225. I hover between 10-12% BF all the time, and i work out monday through friday with a ton of cardio on the weekends. I dont want to do anything crazy, and i dont know a lot about steroids . I really just want to get my legs a lot stronger and a lot thicker because that is the one spot where my body lacks. Dont get me wrong, my legs are pretty big from skating for 10 years, but they could always get bigger and stronger. I was thinking about D-bol and Test for about 8 weeks. Let me know what you think about this, like i said, i am new to steroids, so i would like to get some good input. If you dont think i should take them, then just dont answer. Thanks for your help on the situation.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    5'10, 225 and you want to get bigger?!? Dude, you're already huge. I don't know what position you play in hockey, but dang man, you still need to be able to skate, even if you're just a goon. I would focus more on taking the size you already have, and increasing the amount of power you can get from that size.

I am not a goon by any means...i play right wing and i actually do a lot of the scoring on my team. And i have led my team for two years straight now on assists. But i love to hit, and strength, more than size is what i am looking for, i guess i kind of mis-worded myself. I want my legs to be a lot stronger. So when i hit people i kill em.

Axe
    Axe is offline New Member
    I'll try to help. You probably don't need them but since you wanted an answer:

Halotestin -- increases strength and aggression (real risk of roid rage ) - works pretty quickly, but very toxic to liver

Anavar -- increases strength without increasing bulk, if you want to be stronger with more or less the same muscle mass

D-Bol or Anadrol - fast acting as well, more side effects (back pumps for instance), will give you strength but comes with a lot of mass. If you just want to pump up in 8 weeks, this stuff will do it. When you stop, off it comes. Some people find that test will hurt cardio. Anadrol increases red blood cells giving you more capacity (so they say)

Winny - some people love it, but it can stress the joints and tendons and provoke an injury (it dries up the sinovial fluid)

EQ - increases red blood cells for better endurance, but takes longer than 8 weeks to really kick in

Look at other posts in the forum -- this has been covered before.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Well, if it helps any I choose an anavar only cycle at 40mg/ed. You could probably do more though since you outweigh me by almost 50 lbs, lol. Everything I have read says this gives you good strength gains without weight gain and you don't lose a bunch of the gains after your cycle. Also, when it comes to lifting go for more weight, less reps.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SprinterOne
    5'10, 225 and you want to get bigger?!? Dude, you're already huge. I don't know what position you play in hockey, but dang man, you still need to be able to skate, even if you're just a goon. I would focus more on taking the size you already have, and increasing the amount of power you can get from that size.
    i agree 100% i would focus on my leg speed and possibly cutting some weight. i scout alot of players and that is not the body proportions i like to see. the only thing is, your still young so you still might be growning. if you can maintain 225 and your height is going to increase then i think youll be in real good shape. if you are done maturing though. definitly try to get that weight down. at least 10 lbs.

Not a Pro

I am not a pro by any means, and i never plan on becoming one. I play the sport for fun, and because i love the game. Like i said, i am just looking to get some more strength and size, but if it will simply come right back off of me if i dont keep cycling...then what is the point? I will lose everything i gain? Sorry for sounding stupid, but i have never touched the stuff, and i want to make sure i do it right if i am going to do it.

Veretta21 is offline Junior Member
    1819---what level do you scout for?

Quote Originally Posted by Veretta21
    1819---what level do you scout for?
    all levels. mostly private consulting now. still work with high school kids all the way up to guys in the nhl.

Axe
    I don't think this is a hijack: how much do you guys bulk up before the hockey season? Would 5-10% of body weight be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe
    I don't think this is a hijack: how much do you guys bulk up before the hockey season? Would 5-10% of body weight be ok?
    never used anything when i played. i was always very small. 5'9" just under 180. most guys were just worried about their skating and whatever body shape or size they had, they just worked with it. times have changed, and of course, there is alot more emphesis on size and strength. what is your size and what level do you play?

Axe
    I'm 6'3", 225lbs, and I play club hockey at college.

DerDon is offline Junior Member
    I used to play for a long time, but had to give it up right before college due to a acl tear in my knee. Sucked ass, it still bothers me every once in awhile too. What college you play for? Nice to see another hockey player on the boards.

And damn your a pretty big guy there for 6'3 225. I bet your bigger than most of your D. WEll take it easy bro

markasstrick is offline New Member
    I'm not sure if test and dbol are the way to go...

Dbol can give u bad back cramps which will make it difficult to play. Test (as well as dbol) can make u put on a lot of water weight. Wouldn't really recommend either of these in-season.

At 225, u seem like ur big enough already. I would just stick to hard training and focus on ur legs. If this is ur last year, steroids probably aren't necessary.

By the way, I'm going to a D3 college next year to play. I used test/EQ during the off-season. However, I wouldn't recommend it for the season.

heavylifter99 is offline Junior Member
    Man, your already big @225. But what ever you do do not run d-bol while playing. Believe me your back will cramp up so much will you wont beable to bare it nor skate. With the test e you will put on more weight quick and it may slow you down a bit. If i were you and if you looking into aas i would go with strength and endurance gear. Maybe eq or winny with prop, any other test may bloat you up a tad, good luck

Grant is offline Member
    Playing for awhile now, I have found that low test and winny have been the best combo. The d-bol will slow you down a bit because you will find yourself skating sluggish while the winny/test will give you some mass, cuts, and you will find your skates to be moving a little faster. good luck.

Habs-havoc is offline New Member
    been in the same situation and listen to these guys about the cramps. Leg size won't make you play any better, leg strength is a touchy thing so don't confuse size with strength. Work similar muscles push/pull a teammate, sprint stairs, lunges and clean jerks are great strength builders for hockey. Stay away from cycling unless it's purely for endurance (tightens hams and balloons quads) jump rope for 3 period stamina and I've played on test then finished with win and had some light cramping but used glycerol to super hydrate before and during games(hydrade is the only drink I'm aware of that contains glycerol but you can get it anywhere). watch out for any testing from the ncaa too.

Thread Information