JAYROD is offline Senior Member

qustion from a qb

what are some good exercises/drills for improving throwing (increase velocity) and overall agility?

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Throwing as in track and field throwing, or as in baseball throwing?

football.

football65 is offline New Member
    I would say regular practice with a football and general arm strength..this is just from watching our qbs, im an o lineman

JMLH is offline New Member
    For the first time in my life i have been icing from my elbow to my shoulder for thirty minutes after every practice i throw and my arm is stronger then ever. Besides that stretch about 10-15 minutes on your arm before you throw everytime...normal lifting will def help...another thing that can help is long throwing with a softball.. hope some of that helps.. good luck, hit me up if you have any questions.

thanks. i have a question for you. do you do any unorthadox lifting or movements with cables or dumbells?

gr8gear is offline Associate Member
    A friend of mine played QB at a D1A university and made great improvements as he progressed overhis 4 yrs. I know of one exercise he did frequently, but I can't say from personal experience that it will def work.

On a cable machine get down on you knees and keep your body perpendicular to ground level. Place your throwing arm parallel to ground level. Extend the cable outwards (in a throwing motion) while keeping your arm parallalel to the ground and keeping your upper arm and shoulder stabilized.You can use your other arm to stabilize if necessary. Essentially what you are doing is a tricep extension and you can change the angles of the cable to simulate down field passes vs short yardage passes. Start out light and get comfortable with it, Your tricept will be the major muscle worked, but my bud swears by it helping his release.
    Last edited by gr8gear; 08-19-2005 at 02:15 PM.

dans is offline Junior Member
    You need to have tons of natural ability/arm strength to be a good QB.

Thread Information