Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gloves ....???

2davidbostonjr1 is offline Junior Member

Gloves ....???

are gloves used more in college or high school ??? not just at skilled player positions but every where i know this year in high school almost my whole team wore then all the line me and everything are qb was pretty much the only kid that didnt i know ive always woren them and will cont. let me know what your take is on them do more people wear them in college or less ??

IrISShEagles is offline Junior Member
    More people wear them in high school because I think its a confidence issue. Most people believe it is better for catching, but I believe if you have soft hands you have soft hands. It also depends on the climate. There are going to be more people wearing them in Notre Dame than in Miami.

qccat is offline Associate Member
    very true, i see more in college then I did in high school. All positions wear them in college, especially linemen. as for receivers, its definately a confidence thing. Personally i dont like them b/c my hands get really sweaty

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2davidbostonjr1
    are gloves used more in college or high school ??? not just at skilled player positions but every where i know this year in high school almost my whole team wore then all the line me and everything are qb was pretty much the only kid that didnt i know ive always woren them and will cont. let me know what your take is on them do more people wear them in college or less ??
    I wore them in HS but not in college. Only pussi wideouts use gloves, cause quaterbacks throw too hard . Besides they only let you wear white now.

all of our linebackers and linemen wear gloves. all grey gloves

It depends what kind of gloves we're talking about. Lineman gloves, receiver gloves, and just for some laughs...kicker gloves

we played a kicker who was decked out in numerous wristbands up his arms and wore only one glove. So i didnt feel bad when he got leveled on a kickoff return haha

It must have been his dominant hand that the glove was on, since he couldnt tackle he wore gloves so it wouldnt hurt his pretty hand when he was busy trying to b!tch slap the ball carrier

Quote Originally Posted by IrISShEagles
    It must have been his dominant hand that the glove was on, since he couldnt tackle he wore gloves so it wouldnt hurt his pretty hand when he was busy trying to b!tch slap the ball carrier

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qccat
    all of our linebackers and linemen wear gloves. all grey gloves
    Played LB all my life, gloves cause more trouble than help.

eacman65 is offline Member
    i like wearing gloves as a lineman, but as for kids who wear them just to dress up with all their gay wristbands everywhere, i truly hate those kids with all my heart

bubbathegut is offline Member
    i knew guys that would spray stick-em on their gloves

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbathegut
    i knew guys that would spray stick-em on their gloves
    doesnt nebody catch with there hands nemore??

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    doesnt nebody catch with there hands nemore??
    Not you DCB, pan hands QCCAT

Not you DCB, pan hands QCCAT
    lolol

Dont FB's have a rep for having the ole' hands of stone???

exceptions

not this sleeeek one right here....exceptions to every rule Bags

not this sleeeek one right here....exceptions to every rule Bags
    I MAKE THE RULES NOW, I AM THE EXCEPTION. . .see that 1000th post!!!!?? that means i am the inforcer from here on in d&mnit

hehe

i am the inforcer

hehe
    are you the enforcer or the INforcer, i need to know this

are you the enforcer or the INforcer, i need to know this
    i am the IN forcer as in i am IN your head messing with your mind!!!!

sh!t i wish i took more english class

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    lolol

Dont FB's have a rep for having the ole' hands of stone???
    In my playing days, ive seen some fullbacks with the softest hands on the whole team...mind you, i've also seen some FB's that couldnt catch a cold

I wore Cutters all last year...best glove i ever used.

i here good things about cutters. But we arnt alowed to wear them b/c of sponshership. but for lineman the best gloves gotta be the REEBOK half finger. even when i played center back in the day they allowed enough flexibilty to snap the ball. and they dont get stiff and rigid

SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    I improved my catching ability the second I moved from fullback to halfback, gloves just keep my hands from stinging like hell and keep em warm so I can catch

Bigkatz is offline Associate Member
    this is a classic case of younger players seeing college players wearing gloves so they all want to wear gloves. just like the sweatbands on the bi's and the stickers on the helmets.

i myself am ditching the gloves. You can either catch the bal lor you cant. i have found that you cant "feel" the ball with gloves on

d-lineman is offline New Member
    I also really like the reebok half finger glove. I wore them almost my entire highschool career and I will continue to wear them this fall when I start my college career.

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    i wore those adidas linebacker gloves when i played. My fingers were a little ****ed up so i need some padding behind them. I wouldnt recommend them though, they dont last worth ****, mine were soo torn up at the end of the season. They started tearing like midseason. I might get a receiver glove, but i need some padding on the back, any ideas.

ChemDietMIC is offline Junior Member
    I wore gloves since 9th grade when it got cold out just so it wouldn't hurt so much,

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Cutter gloves are the best......I've paid for a bunch of different ones for the kid.....I've tried em all and Cutters rock

clampitt is offline Junior Member
    I WEAR gloves because it makes me feel faster. Its a strange feeling.

flyguy7 is offline Associate Member
    I love seeing props go out to Cutters, that C-tack sh*t is absolutely ridiculous, all the receivers on my team use 'em. As for me, I think they're a little too bulky, and I'm all about style- the UnderArmour one's are truly slick

TheOneTheOnly is offline New Member
    I used Cutters for 4 years of H.S. football and loved them. I dont think it is as much as the QB throwing hard as it is a confidence issue, you feel you can catch anything with a good pair of gloves on.

jb1005 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    I wore them in HS but not in college. Only pussi wideouts use gloves, cause quaterbacks throw too hard . Besides they only let you wear white now.
    your facts are wrong. they only let you wear grey.

aminophiliac is offline Junior Member
    man. i tore the skin off two knuckles before realizing u need them at the line or as linebacker. went thu 3 pair my senior year in hs. best pair were sone newman linebacker's with a pad from my worn out nike's sewn on the base of the thumb with 6lb test.

gthirty6ptime is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d-lineman
    I also really like the reebok half finger glove. I wore them almost my entire highschool career and I will continue to wear them this fall when I start my college career.

eww a mount union radier. OAC yes. Haha I guess I will be seeing you again this fall. MC will be good competition next year. So dont think that ring is yours.

And you def see more players with gloves in college. There usually free from a sponsor anyway.

2davidbostonjr1 is offline Junior Member
    Shut up rickey

DoubleL is offline Junior Member
    You catch with your fingers, not your hands. And I wouldn't say gloves are worn by "pussies" as some of you seem to think. Do you think Jerry Rice wears gloves cuz he's a pussy? Some may say because of sponsorship. Do you think Jerry Rice needs the extra money? Almost every WR in the league wears gloves regardless of climate. My hands don't seem to regenerate that sticky rubber **** on them like the gloves seem to come with. Do I NEED gloves at WR? Probably not, but anything that helps I am going to use. Call me a pussy all you want, but when I catch 60 balls next year at the collegiate level you can kiss my ace.

joeben22 is offline Associate Member
    I used to wear them and couldnt catch as well. My hands are very wide and it seemed like I couldn't spread my hands open all the way so I stopped wearing them. I think it's all a matter of preference. If you like them wear them, if not don't.

GridIronDevil is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleL
    You catch with your fingers, not your hands. And I wouldn't say gloves are worn by "pussies" as some of you seem to think. Do you think Jerry Rice wears gloves cuz he's a pussy? Some may say because of sponsorship. Do you think Jerry Rice needs the extra money? Almost every WR in the league wears gloves regardless of climate. My hands don't seem to regenerate that sticky rubber **** on them like the gloves seem to come with. Do I NEED gloves at WR? Probably not, but anything that helps I am going to use. Call me a pussy all you want, but when I catch 60 balls next year at the collegiate level you can kiss my ace.
    ^ excellent point, and personally anything that will improve my game physically or even consiously...ill do it, personally im not all into the wrist abnds and bicep bands and forearms bands and all but hey if you like it do it.

d-lineman, maybe not such a smart idea to put the logo of MT, U in your avatar? I wear gloves but they are linebacker gloves, padded on the knuckle for knockin ****ers heads off, so I don't hurt my precious knuckles.HAHA

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    how are the cutters reciever gloves as far as padding goes? Like i said im an outside linebacker and hate ****ing my fingers up. Also screws up my guitar playing for a while. Im looking for something i can catch in (picking off passes), something padded pretty well, and durability is important. Those adidas linebacker gloves were great but they got tore up and messed up pretty quickly. It would be nice not having to switch gloves 3 times. Any help? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information