JayceonTaylor is offline New Member

Decreasing Leg Size/ Increasing Leg Strength Power

Hey guys, ive recently made the decision to switch back to sprinting (100m) from bodybuilding. I dont feel as though im getting the satisfaction that dominating on the track gave me.

Anyway, my legs/glutes are the problem because they are way too big for me to run at my former speeds. Ive come down from 250-226 in 10 weeks, but my quads are still big at 28" and my ass is still in the squaters ass category.

What should i do training wise? im thinking of shooting for low reps 3-5 on legs and strive for more strength/power while decreasing calorie intake. If anyone has any ideas past experiences etc.. then let me know your ideas

Cheers

JT

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayceonTaylor
    Hey guys, ive recently made the decision to switch back to sprinting (100m) from bodybuilding. I dont feel as though im getting the satisfaction that dominating on the track gave me.

Anyway, my legs/glutes are the problem because they are way too big for me to run at my former speeds. Ive come down from 250-226 in 10 weeks, but my quads are still big at 28" and my ass is still in the squaters ass category.

What should i do training wise? im thinking of shooting for low reps 3-5 on legs and strive for more strength/power while decreasing calorie intake. If anyone has any ideas past experiences etc.. then let me know your ideas

Cheers

JT
    hey i think this would be great my brother played football at texas am when mike clark was the strength coach hes now in seattle they would train legs 4 days per week and those guys had lean and very stong leg. heres a sample workout week 1.

mon: heavy squats 35x8/50x6/55x4/65x3x6 after this u would do box jumps 3x5

tue: walking lunges 3x8

thur: spilt squats 3x5

fri: squat complexs: 3x18
    lateral stepups x6
    lunges x6
    squats x6

goodluck

Cdub is offline Associate Member
    Yea just keep your reps low and your weight heavy. As long as you do that and continue to hit the track. your leg size will decrease.

Big M is offline Associate Member
    Hey guys, ive recently made the decision to switch back to sprinting (100m) from bodybuilding. I dont feel as though im getting the satisfaction that dominating on the track gave me
    Amen dude thats exactly why I went back to sprinting I talked to the swedish armwresling champion who was a former weight lifter (VERY big legs) He needed to loose hes big legs to get in a lighter weight class. He just started walking and running alot. If you already have big legs doing low reps will not make them smaler they will probobly just keep you big. I suggest loosing weight. If you loose weight you lose muscle. If you keep your reps low and your load heavy i think you can keep your strengh while loosing your mass.

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated

Im gearing myself for more weightloss, whilst keeping the training low reps and heavy. The addition of the track and tempo work, will bring my leg size down + overall bodyweight.

A prime example for me is Ben Johnson, he moved awsome poundages but he still remained compact, i feel diet will make what i desire acheiveable.

thanks again

A prime example for me is Ben Johnson, he moved awsome poundages but he still remained compact
    How much did he weigh??

Quote Originally Posted by Big M
    How much did he weigh??
    Just under 5' 10" and 173 in Seoul

Straight from his coaches mouth (Charlie Francis)

Just under 5' 10" and 173 in Seoul
    Thats almost exactly like me

Thread Information