Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    big swoll is offline Member

who here has actually played ball?

im just wondering how many of the people have actually played baseball past the highschool level.....i think it would be interesting to say where you are from, and where you play (optional-for identity reason)

i am from the southeast, played in a NCAA I top 25 school, and am currently in the minor league system

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    i played in high school came up threw the JUCO system, got drafted and am currently playin in double A ball, i also am from the southeast

Played through High School blew my arm and am WAY BETTER now than I ever was then. Just ask me I'll tell ya. lol

Good luck fellas I hope you make it. If not, enjoy your days of Baseball cause real work SUCKS.

JimmyGoom11 is offline New Member
    How's it goin,

I currently play on a DII team ranked amoungst the top in the Northeast. I'm ineligible for my last season because of semester issues. Kinda sucks. I busted my ass all winter to rehab my arm and now I can't even play. But I'm hooked up with another mens league on LI so at least I get to play. I'm a very good pitcher with a low 90's fast ball. Nasty Curve too. Ha, Ha. My arm feels the best it ever has. Always had arm problems. Probably kept me from going further. Not realy hoping to get drafted since I'm going into the military at the end of the school year. ooh-ra!

"Ya'll a bunch a slack jawed faggots, this stuff'll make you a goddam sexual Tyrannosaurus...Just like me."-Blaine

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big swoll
    im just wondering how many of the people have actually played baseball past the highschool level.....i think it would be interesting to say where you are from, and where you play (optional-for identity reason)

i am from the southeast, played in a NCAA I top 25 school, and am currently in the minor league system
    Awesome Job. I don't play ball, but used to for school team. What system are you in? Also, what position do you play?

hotcheese23 is offline New Member
    i went through high school and now in DI juco drafted last year played in the northwoods in summer 04 best time of the life played in front of like 5500 on avg and one night played in front of 11000 no joke to all good college players try to go there strong recommendations i too am also from the southeast

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTrainR
    Awesome Job. I don't play ball, but used to for school team. What system are you in? Also, what position do you play?

thanks bro...i dont particularly care to say for what organization for identity reasons
    Last edited by big swoll; 02-24-2005 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hotcheese23
    i went through high school and now in DI juco drafted last year played in the northwoods in summer 04 best time of the life played in front of like 5500 on avg and one night played in front of 11000 no joke to all good college players try to go there strong recommendations i too am also from the southeast

the northwoods is a good league...a bunch of my teamates played up there and all loved it....i think 11,000 sounds like a lot though

O.T
    O.T is offline Associate Member
    currently in minor league

td32 is offline Junior Member
    Pitcher in college, played in the Cape Cod League twice, and played 2 years in the minors before my arm gave out and realism set in.

talltanman is offline Associate Member
    Pitcher in college. Not even close to being good enough to be drafted.

bro, keep with it, that's the thing that's great about baseball. if u have POTENTIAL then u got a good shot at it. i've seen pitchers have pretty bad seasons, but 1 good game at the right time can get u seen by the right people, keep workin hard and u never can tell. i didnt think i was good enough when i played in college neither

talltanman is offline Associate Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by LD_18
    bro, keep with it, that's the thing that's great about baseball. if u have POTENTIAL then u got a good shot at it. i've seen pitchers have pretty bad seasons, but 1 good game at the right time can get u seen by the right people, keep workin hard and u never can tell. i didnt think i was good enough when i played in college neither

Hey Bro,
    Thanks for the encouremgment. However, I am 28 now. I've been out of college for 8 years. I think my time has past. Sorry should have made that point more clear.

Monsoon says is offline Associate Member
    I love baseball! Played it for 5 years.

Currently, D1 from the southeast.

zuke is offline Member
    never played past legion ball in the northwest. it was gettin in the way of my drinking

JimbeauxLSUgrad is offline New Member

From Louisiana, played college ball

What's up?
    I am from Louisiana, played college baseball for 5 years, one of which was a redshirt season. I was an infielder (dont want to give specific position) and was drafted after my junior year. I decided not to go due to money, an injury and I wanted to finish my degree. Now I am waiting to start medical school to be an orthopedic surgeon.

I'd really like to get in touch with any of you that are still playing out there because I was not able to live out my baseball dreams. I miss it and I mostly miss being around all the guys. We were a big family.

Holla [email protected]

ElDiAbLo19 is offline Junior Member
    Closer at North East D-II school. Had two tryouts but blew my arm out, scouts lost interst considering I did it twice in highschool and then again in college.

Cmore is offline Associate Member
    I played two years at a Junior College. Been to a tryout camp once, was spoken to afterwards but nothing serious. I am thinking of attending another camp this summer.

momogiacana is offline New Member
    I played ball thru elementry-high school-bab ruth league-always started and always had people try to beat me out for my position. my story ends with that never happened.. and there story ends with mybe next year + a good excuse why they couldnt take it from me..i stoped playing because i found money was more important then sweatin balls.
    thee end.

DrRickB is offline New Member
    Played D-1 from '92-'95. Currently a chiropractor specializing in sports care.

JL26 is offline New Member
    Played in the WAC.....for an always nationally ranked institution...Go Coach G!!!

keithquig is offline Associate Member
    never played thru the big LL went to a scouting camp got pulled aside played a few seasons as a pitcher in A and AA stopped playing bc i love gear and all gear related subjects and im preping for Lackland AF BBing contest so baseball took a back seat i play in a rec league now though that my story and im think im gonna stick with it

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    Sup bros,

Played ball at a top 25 program in the SE/Cape League. Still haven't gotten on the sauce but strongly considering it to help come back from shoulder surgery.

Anybody here suggest anything, outside of Deca , to help recover an arm? What are pitchers taking?

Thanks.

O.T
    O.T is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baller9
    Sup bros,

Played ball at a top 25 program in the SE/Cape League. Still haven't gotten on the sauce but strongly considering it to help come back from shoulder surgery.

Anybody here suggest anything, outside of Deca , to help recover an arm? What are pitchers taking?

Thanks.

I hear anavar is good do it for a few weeks can help you come back from surgery with a punch..what type of surgery did you have? I had labrum myself.

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    I had a full cuff repair this time around (supraspinatus), but last time I had the labrum and capsular shrinkage...

Know anything about breaking down scar tissue?

Good luck in your recovery

Quote Originally Posted by O.T
    I hear anavar is good do it for a few weeks can help you come back from surgery with a punch..what type of surgery did you have? I had labrum myself.
    labrum surgery sucks dont it bro? i need it done too, i hear the re-hab sucks

iwillsleepwhenidie is offline Junior Member
    i am a three time all american once in juco and twice for div-I have been drafted twice this season blew out my ucl. elected not to get tommy jon concidering that i have already had two surguries shoulder and elbow. labrium tear, and clavical bone spur removed. elbow had a scope and a nerve moved. and yes rehab F- in sucks. good luck guys.

steven1642 is offline New Member
    last year of college for me...also from the southeast....play in the stan musial league every year after seasons over...majoring in business finance

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member

Good to see the MLB steroid policy is having an effect, lol.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    sprinter dont hate ... lol

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Hating on the MLB policy, not ballplayers using drugs. I think the best thing sports could do is allow steroid use . That would truly make it a level playing field.

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    I played in high school was first team all-state with a career 31-0 record as a pitcher for my 4A team. Called in the 10th of the 2002 draft by the Phillies... I was projected top 5 so I passed to go to college and hopefully go top 3 outta school... Played D1 ball somewhere in california then blew out my elbow - torn UCL then Tommy John surgery. Was throwing 91-92 as a junior in high school and beat Jeremy Bonderman to make a name for myself. Came back from surgery throwing 85-86 so I threw in the towel.

All my bros went in the 1st and 2nd out of school this year, so kinda jealous that they're makin the bucks

For those of you still playing - don't take that shit for granted you never know when its over. Have fun with it and work your asses off. Good luck to all of you and hopefully we'll see you in the show one day.

Peace and love...

Jester is offline New Member
    Won state senior year in Texas (5A)... 3 teammates wne to the "show".
    Pitched 3 years Div II in East Texas. Tossed in the high 80's with a 63 change. I could chunk in the low 90's underhanded, though. I once retired 12 batters on only 13 pitches... LOL.
    Talked to several organizations... none of them liked my attitude, my nasty coke habit, pregnant girlfriend, and legal issues pending.... so I was passed up. I had quite a reputation by then.
    I did play 2 years on the Coors Light National Fastpitch team. Went to nationals both years.

haha - jester you're a badass

Jester is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lfrisbee
    haha - jester you're a badass
    Tell all the girls, please... I need all the help I can get.

i'll let the honies know for ya... starting tomorrow morning!

JohnJenson is offline Junior Member
    i play baseball

baseballJ121 is offline Junior Member
    I play ball in california in the Juco system right now.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    way to elaborate there JohnJenson....reminds me of the weather dude from The Anchorman....lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information