Thread: tredmill

roger24 is offline Banned

tredmill

im starting my football traning, in witch im running about a mile every moring before i go lift weights, im thinking about using the tredmill for a hour or so, would this be good for football, and are tredmills good for football traning. thanks.

TheNextBigThing is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roger24
    im starting my football traning, in witch im running about a mile every moring before i go lift weights, im thinking about using the tredmill for a hour or so, would this be good for football, and are tredmills good for football traning. thanks.
    You should focus more on sprints.

HUGE GUY is offline New Member
    To answer your question, no.

thestudent is offline Associate Member
    You have to look at football in a different light than bodybuilding. I played for 7 years and I found the tredmill to be a great cardio workout for improving endurance. You should do both sprints and long distance running

thestudent is offline Associate Member
    By the way what position are you playing

skribbble is offline Member
    Stay away from the tredmill. Id say 2 times a week max for about 30 minutes max. YOu dont want to train you're slow twitch muscles

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i would say that with the given time for getting in shape it seems hard at this point. i dont know whether you are college or hs or another level but by the post its august 2nd so gettin in shape lets say before camps seems unreasonable. but with that i would say stay away from endurance training. football is a explosive and fast sport. a player needs to use their fast twitch fibers and by running endurance you will increase the fast twitch fibers. more fast twitch fibers are needed. plyos, sprints, and speed is needed

Thread Information