Thread: gretzky returns

1819 is offline Senior Member

gretzky returns

good old wayne gonna coach phoenix next year.

INJECTION is offline New Member
    lets see if he can show them some tricks that he had and his hockey sense.?

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    let's see if ppl watch anymore hockey games, i'm a fan of the sport but man has it spiraled down...

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewade
    let's see if ppl watch anymore hockey games, i'm a fan of the sport but man has it spiraled down...
    people will still watch... at least here in Canada the hype is still quit high. I don't know what the mentality is down in the states, but plain and simple, it's hockey... you fight someone and get 5 min... people are bashing their heads all over the ice... GREAT entertainment if you ask me! I'm also curious to see how Gretzky pulls this one off, I think he'll do a wicked job.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewade
    it will come back very strong for about a month or so then it will wear off. unfortunatly they tried to force feed hockey to the fans in the states. way too many teams. as a result the level of play is watered down because there are too many players. hockey does great in certain markets and they should just leave it at that. they are trying to change the game to make it fan friendly,. change the fvckin game!? no character anymore, all the arenas are the same. very sterile environment. like a doctors office. same music, same promotions, same crappy merchandise. when i was in the minors and early in my career, thats when we had it all. different experiences in different cities. each rink had character and fans to go with it. no corperate guys drinkin starbucks in the front row. ya had guys in the hunting jackets throwin beer at ya tellin ya they were gonna kill your whole family. hell, princeton university still plays in a stone barn with a roof on it and no heat. thats the stuff hockey lacks. you boys from canada know what im talkin about. im not bashing the game. it was extremely good to me. im just very sad and angered at what it has become.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    it will come back very strong for about a month or so then it will wear off. unfortunatly they tried to force feed hockey to the fans in the states. way too many teams. as a result the level of play is watered down because there are too many players. hockey does great in certain markets and they should just leave it at that. they are trying to change the game to make it fan friendly,. change the fvckin game!? no character anymore, all the arenas are the same. very sterile environment. like a doctors office. same music, same promotions, same crappy merchandise. when i was in the minors and early in my career, thats when we had it all. different experiences in different cities. each rink had character and fans to go with it. no corperate guys drinkin starbucks in the front row. ya had guys in the hunting jackets throwin beer at ya tellin ya they were gonna kill your whole family. hell, princeton university still plays in a stone barn with a roof on it and no heat. thats the stuff hockey lacks. you boys from canada know what im talkin about. im not bashing the game. it was extremely good to me. im just very sad and angered at what it has become.
    It's not 1986 anymore, that is for sure!
    Hockey still rules supreme in Canada. Nothing even comes close.
    Yes, it was force fed to the states. It would have been better if it came with hype instead of price tags.

Thread Information