Thread: white sprinters

superscience is offline New Member

white sprinters

anyone know any fast white sprinters.

just thought id post this question because i dnt see any white sprinters in the 100m races and wondering is their a point in taking up spprinting if ur white.

because im white and thinking abut competing in sprinting.

not being racist.

100m champ is offline Member
    hahaha ya man theres some good white sprinters, the only one i can think of right now is 400m jermey warner in the 100 and 200 i cant think of any

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    I don't understand why people think black people are faster than white people? Your speed is going to be dependent on how much of your muscles are fast twitch and what kind of training you do. I honestly think the reason why most of the top sprinters are black is because less white people participate in sprinting. There is nothing genetically different about a black person that makes them faster, I just think there is a higher percentage of them participating in certain sports so it appears this way.

Quote Originally Posted by SprinterOne
    I don't understand why people think black people are faster than white people? Your speed is going to be dependent on how much of your muscles are fast twitch and what kind of training you do. I honestly think the reason why most of the top sprinters are black is because less white people participate in sprinting. There is nothing genetically different about a black person that makes them faster, I just think there is a higher percentage of them participating in certain sports so it appears this way.

hahhaha thats false theres just as much black sprinters as white sprinters, Just more black sprinters make it too the top thats why it seems like theres not that much white sprinters. The fact is that black people have better genetics and are gifted in having more fast twich fibers. When the did you every see a white dude break 10 seconds???? Look at Canada 80% of the sprinters there are white. But all there top sprinters are black, that shows that its genetics not how much do it, its probally 50-50 in blacks too whites that run sprints.. TOTAL..

AND PLEASE NO ONE TAKE THIS OFFENSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by 100m champ
    hahhaha thats false theres just as much black sprinters as white sprinters, Just more black sprinters make it too the top thats why it seems like theres not that much white sprinters. The fact is that black people have better genetics and are gifted in having more fast twich fibers. When the did you every see a white dude break 10 seconds???? Look at Canada 80% of the sprinters there are white. But all there top sprinters are black, that shows that its genetics not how much do it, its probally 50-50 in blacks too whites that run sprints.. TOTAL..

I would be very, very surprised if the number of white sprinters and black sprinters at any kind of a high level was 50/50. Maybe in a few countries but not over the entire world. I still think it comes down to participation, especially at a younger age. Whites still dominate almost every sport, with the exception of sprinting, basketball, football and baseball (though this really isn't dominated by any race). When you have a higher percentage of a race participating in the same sport, you have a better chance of finding more elite athletes from that race for that sport. I may be wrong on this, blacks may somehow just be more genetically gifted then whites, but until I find proof (and I am looking) I don't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by superscience
    just thought id post this question because i dnt see any white sprinters in the 100m races and wondering is their a point in taking up spprinting if ur white.

because im white and thinking abut competing in sprinting.

not being racist.
    Ya man, sprinting is for anybody and everyone.. its fun because you can travel the world and compeate againts the very best

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    There are none and white men can't jump!

twotymer05 is offline New Member
    i ran a 11.2 in when i was in track at college

Big M is offline Associate Member
    Give me six month and IŽll show you all a white sprinter cruching the world record in 60m

In my dreams....

Cdub is offline Associate Member
    I would be very, very surprised if the number of white sprinters and black sprinters at any kind of a high level was 50/50. Maybe in a few countries but not over the entire world. I still think it comes down to participation, especially at a younger age. Whites still dominate almost every sport, with the exception of sprinting, basketball, football and baseball (though this really isn't dominated by any race). When you have a higher percentage of a race participating in the same sport, you have a better chance of finding more elite athletes from that race for that sport. I may be wrong on this, blacks may somehow just be more genetically gifted then whites, but until I find proof (and I am looking) I don't believe it.
    YOur funny. Participation lol. Blacks are generally faster than whites cause or genetics not participation. There is a reason why no white man has gone under 10 sec in the 100 and it not cause of participation.

captain chet is offline Junior Member
    Jeremy Wariner, kid is 6' 155lbs and wins the Olympics for the 400. There has GOT to be some more fast white guys

http://www.usatf.org/athletes/bios/Wariner_Jeremy.asp

Quote Originally Posted by mark956101957
    There are none and white men can't jump!

soo false about the genetic thing all olympic lifters jump way higher than any black men they are white if they had best genes they wud be winning olympic lifting which is dominated by white peole.

im white and can dunk a net at 5ft8 no drugs in me either.

theres a guy in seondary school where i live hes 16 and done a 10.7 seconds (dnt know if this is drug free though) 100m and hes white. but whys there none in the olympics.

its strange.

soo false about the genetic thing all olympic lifters jump way higher than any black men they are white .

how do u know. vince cater jumps pretty high

Captain_test is offline Associate Member
    Just so you guys know, black people and white peoples bodys are different. Black people are better at sprinting, that doesnt mean the fastest man in the world would for SURE be black. But black people in general are faster. Why? A few reasons

Black people have more natural testosterone (ask for a link before you question that)
    Black people have narrower hips

So therefore, on average, black people are faster. But that doesnt mean that white guys arent fast either.

Big M is offline Associate Member
    I saw an interview where Morrice Green Got this Qustion. He said that white men can run they just donŽt know how. Think that Is true black men donŽt have more fast twitch muscles I think They are born with a better stride

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_test
    Just so you guys know, black people and white peoples bodys are different. Black people are better at sprinting, that doesnt mean the fastest man in the world would for SURE be black. But black people in general are faster. Why? A few reasons

Black people have more natural testosterone (ask for a link before you question that)
    Black people have narrower hips

So therefore, on average, black people are faster. But that doesnt mean that white guys arent fast either.
    if they had more natural testosterone why arent they winning strentgh events and olympic lifting.

imo i think it dosent matter what coulour ur skin is but its still very interesting why sports are dominated by different races.

like the chinese dominate a lot of skilled events.

mistasmif is offline Junior Member
    It has to do with limb length, your proportion of fast twitch fibers and testosterone .

Quote Originally Posted by captain chet
    Jeremy Wariner, kid is 6' 155lbs and wins the Olympics for the 400. There has GOT to be some more fast white guys

http://www.usatf.org/athletes/bios/Wariner_Jeremy.asp
    On the profile of shawn crawerd it has him listed as 165, there is no way that man is 165 pounds and that ripped, He looks at least 190 when you see him in person at track meets

Quote Originally Posted by mistasmif
    It has to do with limb length, your proportion of fast twitch fibers and testosterone.

you forgot
    muscle attachments
    mental attitude of athelete
    diet
    other hormones in the body
    the way they train
    the drugs they take.

i dnt hink coulour of skin wud make a difference.
    which leaves us in asking why races do better at different sports.

if they had more natural testosterone why arent they winning strentgh events and olympic lifting.

imo i think it dosent matter what coulour ur skin is but its still very interesting why sports are dominated by different races.

like the chinese dominate a lot of skilled events.

Having 6-12% more natural test doesnt mean theyre all going to be huge. That, plus slimmer hips make things easier. It used to piss me off, but I realized...well then wow, and white guys can still compete and do well in certain things...but think about the NFL...hardley ANY white running backs

"The color of our skin" isnt the ONLY thing that separates races.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_test
    Having 6-12% more natural test doesnt mean theyre all going to be huge. That, plus slimmer hips make things easier. It used to piss me off, but I realized...well then wow, and white guys can still compete and do well in certain things...but think about the NFL...hardley ANY white running backs

"The color of our skin" isnt the ONLY thing that separates races.
    look at rugby most of them are white. its similar to american football.

The only things I have found so far to say that one race is better at another in terms of athletics is a book called "Taboo: Why Black Athletes Dominate Sports and Why We're Afraid to Talk About It." I haven't read it yet, but I read an interview with the author. He says that whites have more upper body strength then blacks and blacks have more lower body strength. He also says that blacks of west african ancestry are better suited for sprinting and those of east african ancestry are better suited for long distance running. He claims this is based on evolution and the types of diet each culture ate. I am going to try to track down a copy and give it a read.

look at rugby most of them are white. its similar to american football.
    dumb dumb dumb. Majority of the countries that play rugby are mostly white countries. Why go play rugby when you can play football and make more money

Quote Originally Posted by Cdub
    dumb dumb dumb. Majority of the countries that play rugby are mostly white countries. Why go play rugby when you can play football and make more money
    What about sprinting in Canada or the UK? It's become ever more dominated by blacks yet they are primarily "white countries." I think there may be something to different races being better at different things. But I think it is more an effect of culture rather than the race.

"I am a theoretical biologist; my work contains an explanation of
    increased violence in our society. I suggest violence results directly from
    an increase in numbers of individuals of higher testosterone , who arrive
    at puberty early. increased testosterone and early puberty increase the
    probability of impulsive actions. The Federal Bureau of Investigation has
    compiled statistics which demonstrate that I am correct. Males kill more
    than females; blacks kill more than whites. In the remainder of this letter,
    I include references from hightly reputable journals (eg. Journal of the
    National Cancer Institute) that demonstrate the blacks produce
    significantly more testosterone than whites and enter puberty at an earlier
    age. What this boils down to is that individuals of both races, who exhibit
    these qualities, are more apt to resort to violence in a heated moment.
    This is why there is so much black on black and white on white violence;
    these are impulsive actions, not premeditated, thoughtful actions. These
    are thoughtless actions that happen quickly, without forethought. You, or
    your aides, are aware from interviews that many of these kids, who kill
    other kids, are really nice kids when they are not in a stressful, heated
    moment."

Source: http://www.anatomy.usyd.edu.au/danny...1996/0005.html

This may not be talking about sports, but Yes..blacks do produce more test.

so why dont u go take all the thuugs off the street and make them athletes.

just because someone is violent dosent mean dey have high test.

Didnt read the whole thing eh?....

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    i'm not taking a position on it, but if your speed is dependent on your percentage of fast twitch muscles and training, and (hypotheticly) some ethnic groups tend to have a higher percentage of fast twitch muscles, then of course they're going to be faster with the same amount of training.

lets say that group "A" makes up 20% of your population, and group "B" makes up 80% of your population. both groups like to play football just as much, but only 1% of group B has elite levels of fast twich muscles, while 10% of goup A has elite levels of fast twitch muscles - group A will still have more elite running backs in the pros.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    the politically correct dogma is that there is no "ethnic advantage" in sports. if that is true, we should be able to get a group of ethnic pygmies (averaging 4 feet tall), and a group of samoans (averaging 6'1", 230), raise them in the same american town, and there will be just as many pygmies as samoans starting on the football team.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    the politically correct dogma is that there is no "ethnic advantage" in sports. if that is true, we should be able to get a group of ethnic pygmies (averaging 4 feet tall), and a group of samoans (averaging 6'1", 230), raise them in the same american town, and there will be just as many pygmies as samoans starting on the football team.
    I don't think this is the right way to look at it. Just because you raise a pygmie in a different country doesn't mean he will grow to be 6'1", he still has pygmie parents. There are just too many variables for this to ever be accurate or work.

I should add that the more I look into it and research, I am starting to lean towards a race being better at certain athletics than another. But I think this is more a product of the culture their race evolved from then just a race. Anyways, I don't have much research in this so it is still all speculation on my part.
    Last edited by SprinterOne; 08-27-2005 at 06:24 PM.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    I don't think this is the right way to look at it. Just because you raise a pygmie in a different country doesn't mean he will grow to be 6'1", he still has pygmie parents..

exactly my point. and this is exactly the right way to look at it to expose the myths and the sloppy thinking that goes on in this subject. if you claim that there are no ethnic advantages in sports, but size itself is a huge genetic advantage in many sports, and certain ethnic groups average much larger/smaller than others on average, then you see the problem with the position. and if there are in fact some blatantly obvious "ethnic advantages" in sports, what about the less obvious ones?

There are just too many variables for this to ever be accurate or work..
    well all know how it works when an offensive line of 220 pound samoans slams into a bunch of pygmies. we know exactly how it works.

I should add that the more I look into it and research, I am starting to lean towards a race being better at certain athletics than another. But I think this is more a product of the culture their race evolved from then just a race. Anyways, I don't have much research in this so it is still all speculation on my part.
    remember, the wise man adjust his theories to his facts, not his facts to his theories.

but its hard to to do real research, because this is a subject everyone is afraid to talk about, or even think about.

a great place to research is any NFL roster. with basketball or boxing, it's easy to argue cultural factors. but there are a lot more white people who love football in this country than black people. but look at the rosters.

as far as choosing your sport - most asian people aren't that big, does that mean Yao Ming should quit basketball? i've never botten into a boxing match or a race with an "average", just with other flesh and blood athletes like myself. some i was better than, some i wasn't, why even worry about race?

say for example that some ethnic group had a full 10% of their population that had the genetics (fast twitch muscle ratios etc) to be elite sprinters, and only one percent of the people in your ethnic group has the genetics to be an elite sprinter. do you quit before you even try? or do you see if you're one of the 1%? there aren't that many good white heavyweight boxers. but right now, klitchko is the best in the world. should he have given up before he started?
    Last edited by MMA; 08-27-2005 at 11:15 PM.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET

someone probably will, but its the truth. and look at any NFL roster for any position needing footspeed. yeah, there are a few white guys, but nothing copmpared the the numbers of white people who grow up loving football.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    ?

say for example that some ethnic group had a full 10% of their population that had the genetics (fast twitch muscle ratios etc) to be elite sprinters, and only one percent of the people in your ethnic group has the genetics to be an elite sprinter. do you quit before you even try? or do you see if you're one of the 1%? there aren't that many good white heavyweight boxers. but right now, klitchko is the best in the world. should he have given up before he started?
    Thats a joke vitali Kitshcko is not the best heavy weight in the world, I have been following boxing since i was a little kid.. Vitali is a slow and un
    skilled heavy weight, Audley Harrison when he gets a couple more fights will murder kiltschko.. WHO HAS VITALI BEAT THATS GOOD, ALL THE GUYS HE BEAT CAME IN OVERWEIGHT AND WERE AT THE END THEIR CAREERS.. WHEN HE FOUGHT LENNOX LEWIS he came in at the highest weight of his career and ran out of gass by the 2nd round. Boxing is a sport wear hard work gets you to wear you wanna be not genetics. Say track you must be gifted with something

USN DV is offline Associate Member
    Me... if there are red and blue lights behind me

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Thats a joke vitali Kitshcko is not the best heavy weight in the world, I have been following boxing since i was a little kid.. Vitali is a slow and un
    skilled heavy weight, Audley Harrison when he gets a couple more fights will murder kiltschko.. WHO HAS VITALI BEAT THATS GOOD, ALL THE GUYS HE BEAT CAME IN OVERWEIGHT AND WERE AT THE END THEIR CAREERS.. WHEN HE FOUGHT LENNOX LEWIS he came in at the highest weight of his career and ran out of gass by the 2nd round. Boxing is a sport wear hard work gets you to wear you wanna be not genetics. Say track you must be gifted with something
    who has vitali beat? who has harrison beat? has he even fought anyone with a pulse yet?

i can see where you're coming from with vitali - he didn't beat lewis, just picked up his leftovers - vitali may not be a great champion, but he's the best champ we've got right now. who else, Ruiz? i can see you saying byrd (who actually owns a win over vitali), but i would still have to pick vitali in a rematch - klitchko is too big, too skilled and the first win was kind of a fluke.

harrison made his career by staying amateur till he was 30, being a grown man beating up kids in the olympics. then he fought a whole series of stiffs. people keep saying "wait till he steps it up" wait till when? many fighters are retired at this age.

i respect your knowledge of boxing, you know a lot of stuff. but i competed seriously for many years as a (somewhat) elite amateur. was invited to the Olympic Training Center in Colorado springs. made the "sweet sixteen" round at a Trials qualifier (not the Trials, but one step away). boxing is not as "attribute driven" a sport as track is, where you either have that one single attribute (speed) or you don't. but it is more "attribute driven" than most sports, it just has multiple areas to be gifted in. speed and power are not the only "genetic gifts". resistance to head trauma is almost entirely genetic - it's not so much a matter of willpower - most fighters are mentally tough and resistant to pain. some people are just born able to take 10 times the punishment others do, and still keep going. EVERY champion is probably in the top 10 percentile on that one, or they wouldn't have lasted in the sport, regardless of their other gifts. and that endurance - most people could train their entire lives and not be able to set the pace these guys do for 12 rounds. it's not just a matter of "go running every morning" - all these guys train hard (like middle distance runners). but some middle distance runners can keep a world class pace, and some can't, even when both train like madmen. but in boxing, the "slower guy" doesn't finish last - his punches lose that power, his legs loise that speed, he gets knocked out, and people say "he wasn't so tough". people always underestimate how important cardio is in fighting. fighters like wayne mcculough, with limited power and speed, won a world title just by wearing his opponents down by pressing a heavy pace with amazing cardio (aided by a great chin). he set a pace that not 1 athlete in a 10,000 could set, regardless of how hard they trained.

drew fickett does a similar thing in MMA. he says "cardio is my favorite submission" and grinds people down, till all that speed and power is gone.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)

The very best white athletes are just as good as the very best black athletes. And the argument about participation is definately true in my area, hardly any white kids run track.

By the way the black guy you see on the right side in that picture is a certain USC tailback whos in the running for the Heisman.......

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536

The very best white athletes are just as good as the very best black athletes. And the argument about participation is definately true in my area, hardly any white kids run track.

By the way the black guy you see on the right side in that picture is a certain USC tailback whos in the running for the Heisman.......
    I dont know how you guys say participation is the problem, look at the u.s as a total there is just as much white runners as theres black runner, places like the south and the north east have a much higher rate of blacks that run track, the the north west and the north has alot of white runners. and if you were talking about the amount of sprinters in the world then hands down theres more white srinters look at Russia,Germany, and all of Europe

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    I dont know how you guys say participation is the problem, look at the u.s as a total there is just as much white runners as theres black runner, places like the south and the north east have a much higher rate of blacks that run track, the the north west and the north has alot of white runners. and if you were talking about the amount of sprinters in the world then hands down theres more white srinters look at Russia,Germany, and all of Europe
    I didnt say the world, I said my area. Where I live whites outnumber blacks by a huge number. But go to a high school track meet, and there are the same amount of, if not more, blacks than whites. Track just isnt a popular sport among white people where I live.

Thread Information